Metamorphosis needs to be returned to Warlocks

And I’ll tell you exactly why.

B, said the whole reasoning behind getting rid of it was for “spec identity” and “meta is a demon hunter thing”.

Demonology never had an identity until WotlK where they implemented Meta. It was a utility spec, nothing more. Summoning demons is only a part of being a demonology warlock. Amplifying them - as Legion demo was all about - isn’t very exhilarating either. Now it’s all about the Tyrant, which is decent enough, but still lacking.

Metamorphosis is more of a Warlock thing than it is Demon Hunter

A demonology warlock ought to be able to become a demon, because he has greater knowledge of demons than his destruction and affliction brethren. In other words, metamorphosis is a natural ascension for the demonology warlock. A demon hunter on the other hand? That is the very thing they combat at all times and have to resist becoming. It’s actually against what they’re all about.

But Illidan used metamorphosis!

Illidan was and is a sorcerer first, demon hunter second. If you are a big enough dork to read the book, you’ll actually notice how he’s referred to as a Sorcerer, never a demon hunter. Even the way he obtained his tattoos and eyesight is different from his followers. It was through his magical knowledge he obtained his demon form.

But you know: Contrary to what B will have you believe? We don’t need to get rid of one over the other. Several classes already have overlapping abilities that aren’t exclusive to gameplay reasons, but belongs in their lore setting.

Metamorphosis could make a come back for the one and true fel user. More importantly? It should.

Current demonology’s fantasy is more of a cowardly wizard who hides behind his demons. The felguard may go “Can’t you fight your own battles?” but he knows the truth, that the warlock is a far superior being and that he enslaves the felguard because he is powerful.

They could even correct the one shortcoming of the Demon Form which is that it was just straight up Illidan’s demon form lmao. Some particle effects, horns and wings would be enough.

Follow up on your promise of legion and finalize demonology’s spec fantasy.
I know there’s a great deal of warlocks out there who feels the same way, so for all of those guys and myself:

We need metamorphosis returned to Demonology Warlock.

15 Likes

Wild thought: both classes can have them.

10 Likes

Had you actually read my thread, you’d see that I bring up this exact point.

2 Likes

I’m a blood elf, unless it’s fashion or real housewives I can’t read.

Edit; after reading the other half of the post. Yes, make it for both.

6 Likes

Thank you for the supporting sentiment!

2 Likes

Sorcerer doesn’t mean he has to be Warlock. Illadan tried druidism but didn’t worked out. Then mage was way to go him.

Never considered him as full warlock. He adapted demonic magic to fight against demon. On the other hands warlock seeks help from demons and demon masters while demon Hunters don’t.

1 Like

You’re ignoring some of my more integral points to criticize, here.
Warlock, Mage and even Priest can all be considered Sorcerers. They’re very vague terms, which is an approach Blizzard likes to take for all of their writing for the most part.

This is fundamentally incorrect. A shaman seeks help from the element (unless it’s a Dark Shaman). A warlock doesn’t ask, he demands and dominates.

1 Like

Demands and dominates that’s also true. Sometimes they trade something for greater powers.

Anyway u can have your meta on warlock. DH meta and old lock meta both worked different ways so …

I would like to return of hellfire spell.

2 Likes

I agree. The old “Why not both?” applies here.
Hellfire gets a nod of approval from me too.

1 Like

Imagine how fun a duel between a demo lock with meta and a dh would be. Both popping into demon forms and going super saiyan at each other.

Lock meta would be a demon caster, dh meta a melee demon. I don’t see how both can’t coexist in this game. They were different visually and mechanically from the beginning.

6 Likes

Either that, or DH’s should’ve had a third spec that incorporates the fantasy in question, but that would’ve been a defeat for warlocks too. I believe it’s important we speak up about this stuff. With enough backing, these things are taken in for consideration as a bare minimum.

Meta melee animations are so garbage that I had to delete my DH. You feel like you have big body with short arms :joy:

Even Illidan was using Meta for casting in WC3~ Meta should be a caster thing regardless of class that have it but I would gladly throw it back to Warlock :unamused:

1 Like

warlock is about using and abusing fel/demons not becoming it, meta was never something they shouldve had

current demonology is far closer to what it shouldve been in the first place

1 Like

I disagree.

3 Likes

its okay to be wrong :wink:

like this

thats not what its like at all, a warlock isnt cowardly hiding… hes using the demons as a shield and a weapon because he can

I see your perspective and acknowledge it, but I disagree.
Especially because demons aren’t inherent to Demonology warlocks. So what you’re saying here can randomly apply to any one of the 3 specs and therefore isn’t a demonology specialty.

1 Like

There was plenty of Warlocks using Meta~ especially in WoD (forget about garrison ability).

1 Like

Is this supposed to refute my point? A description of the ability from an enemy you could encounter via the mobile phone game?

If you’re going to link the ability, link the right one.

https:// wow .gamepedia.com/Metamorphosis_(warlock_ability)

1 Like

Demonic Tyrant should be what the Warlock becomes when you summon and subsequently sacrifice your Imps. The whole gameplay loop should be about generating Demons to siphon power from and give you time in Tyrant form. Every time you summon an Imp, every time you call in your Dreadstalkers or Vile Fiend - it should give you Demonic Energy that you use to transform.

Shadowbolt should become Chaos Wave, Hand of Gul’Dan should become Fel Flame and Demonbolt should become Soul Fire while in this state.

I love the idea of being this master of Demons that you willingly sacrifice to empower yourself to become a more powerful Demon. The current Demo Lock is just a poor mans BM Hunter and it could be so much more.

5 Likes