Metamorphosis

Since the announcement of SOD, one of the things the majority of warlock players are most excited about is metamorphosis returning. Even though it’s not what it used to be it’s still a fact that alot of us miss it and are looking forward to try it in it’s new design. Which is why it’s still a BIG mystery to why Blizzard hasn’t given it back to demo locks yet, just call it something else if you think that it “belongs to demon hunters”. I’ve mained demo since cata, and played it through classic vanilla - wrath, and the only thing Blizzard has done to the spec is ruin it. It’s not fun anymore, I can agree it’s cool to have the “summoner playstyle” and so on, but it has gone from a fun, versatile, and exciting spec to play, to a dull, stationary, monotone bs spec that feels like a buggy turd, escpecially in PvP, it was still somewhat possible to have fun with the spec when you could spec into having your dreadstalkers instant with the PvP-talent, but then you removed that too. Sometimes I feel like you just want to ruin the spec. The MoP demo is till to this day the most fun I’ve had playing this game, it was just so well designed. The knockback, the leap, the old hand of gul’dan, touch of chaos and so on.

I also get that some people really like the current demo aswell, and I don’t want them to lose it either, just branch out the talent tree and give us a possibility to make a metamorphosis-build or whatever. Just do it, put some time into it, please. Save the spec. Make us happy.

Edit: I’ve seen so many posts about this on this forum, too many, and for so many years now, some being my own. But it’s kind of obvious that Blizzard either don’t read what we put on here or doesn’t care about the players opinions, but their own alone unless the topic is pushed on by multiple big streamers.

I’m so tired of this continuous trashing of this spec.

12 Likes

You know you’re a trash designer if people prefer the iteration of the spec from a decade ago lol

16 Likes

What designer? We have no designer)

6 Likes

That’s a great news if they bring back meta but I’m always scared cause it’s often an omega trash version or a huge nerd version that do nothing in general.

W8 and see. Personally tired of the current demo design tbh (even though I like the fantasy with a lot of different demon).

1 Like

I liked the shadowlands s4 lock, but… Jesus christ, what have they done in dragonflight? After aberrus things just went down bad.

1 Like

Well said.
It evident that lot of warlocks mains miss metamorphosis, i didnt play during the time it was around but just by playing some classic and experiencing it via that made me feel like current retail demo spec is awful.
I didnt even like the demo spec during shadowlands and it has only gotten worse, hell even now they have nerfed tyrant so hard that you go him NAKED! GOD DAMN NAKED!
Its no longer about making big demons is all about empowering your small ones such a vilefiend, dog and imps.
Your demon bolts are now more of a source of damage and same goes for Hand of gul’dan but it just makes it worse as we have less of a core enconomey from the nerfs on aberrus.
And i havent even mentioned our pit lord (more like pit boy) nether portal went from a huge burst to a slapping noddle spell.

The spec went from being known as big burst to one of the few who are cursed to be forever be awful to play.

1 Like

It’s a cool and iconic ability that really should be given back to us. It doesn’t hugely matter to me that it’d tread on the toes of Demon Hunters - it’s not like the game shies away from having certain class fantasies overlap heavily with one another elsewhere…

1 Like

Agreed, imo a combination of MoP and WoD demo would be preferable. I really miss the leap, knockback and mobile playstyle while still having some big number potential with demonbolt.

Everything felt so much more impactful and rewarding back then.

1 Like

Going to throw my hat in the ring here. New to warlock, I’ve never really given it a serious go but have played this game long enough to remember this metamorphosis purple demon form.

I love demonology at the moment. It’s great fun and feels good. However when I pop cool downs I don’t feel awesome or powerful in fact I don’t feel any different. I would love to have meta back.

A two or so minute cd that transforms me and makes my spells feel more impactful. Give me a new form. Make me bigger and fell infused or glyph it so I can be green. Or purple or whatever.

I would like meta to change the appearance of and then make my rotation spells more powerful and meaty.

That’d be enough for me.

Curious what others think

2 Likes

Happy to hear that you agree on this, I feel just like you do.

They don’t want that in retail.
Demo cannot have big spell damage or meaningful personal CDs, you are just a Imp-spamming Machine. That’s literally everything.

It’s evident that people miss many things for no other reason than nostalgia.

??? How you can compare retail and classic design, there are like 4/16 rotation buttons difference

Nether portal, nerfed of course, but is a main source of big burst damage from time to time

Current iteration of demo has much more flat dps curve, aberrus demo was very CD dependant spec — np rotation gave you massive burst damage but in-between downtimes you were hitting like a noodle. It’s true for every CD dependant spec, you either hit like a truck by properly utilizing burst or fail and stop doing dps until CD pops up again, so pray that boss wont target you for mechanic.
Would you like this gameplay style?

nostalgia has nothing to do with it,thats why you have ppl prefering to play classic over retail.
MoP/WoD demo was peak,current one is below mediocre compared to any spec in the game,so bugged and not able to balance it .

1 Like

yeah, all asmongold and bellular viewers prefer classic over retail, there are DOZENS of them

it’s irreleveant because current class design philosophy is different. and wod demo was atrociously weak and bad

3rd ranking raid dps

???

Its not because of nostalgia, in classic wrath when you pop meta your crits and damages goes super high. Your soul fires hit up to 20k crits and to make it sense in retail numbers that would be 66% of your baseline hp!
For just 1 spell you would almost 1 shot someone without DR’s and this is going constant damage stream over 30 seconds.
It’s a very impactful cd and it looks cool while doing actually nice damage.

But i dont expect you to understand as will mostly only label it with “nostalgia” and can’t understand that some people dont just wanna play a class purely for the damage aspect.

Paladin does that in retail, so? Burst cds are individual for each class, warlock meta in current iteration of wow will be glorified void form or insert any cd that ups your damage and makes your character model shiny, yes of course current tyrant is not aberrus RoT tyrant, but it doesn’t invalidates the fact that demo has unique main CD, we are also getting tyrant skins next patch so tyrant wont go anywhere.
I thought about replacing felguard side of tree with something akin to meta, because right now it has quite boring immutable hatred and aoe that is basically second bilescourge bombers.

It can’t work like that in current iteration, rotations more complex, there are more survivability, spec that will be able to destroy you with 2 buttons will be labeled as gamebreaking op thing.

“i don’t expect you to understand” is not an argument

Alrighty,why is nobody playing it if its so good.
I was speaking about class design,and demo in wod was one of the strongest spec whole seasons,unless you didn’t know how to play (your case).

1 Like

Me and dozen of those who play it in raids and m+ are called nobody, to distinguish ourselves we are called nobody 1 nobody 2,3,4 e.t.c.
Demo’s design is not good of course, tbh in many things it’s wasted potential, we will certainly recieve talent tree rework. But i honestly believe that at it’s core demo has fun unique idea

I remember people telling me that demo is worthless and better play other specs in WoD

Yeah, dps charts of demo in WoD period was skill issue case too, lmao, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkaelB1jbmU

You need to relax hahha , remember deep breaths

You need to think about your life’s choices