$70 billion

Mental

20 Likes

Good! /10 chars

1 Like

wow on gamepass?? no gametime anymore?

6 Likes

What?

I’m not sure what this will mean for WoW, but Microsoft haven’t done to bad with these sort of mergers in the past, if I read correctly they’ve managed Minecraft really well.

4 Likes

It seems wow will become console game :S

edit: console compatible not console exclusive, is what i mean to say.

4 Likes

What the hell i guess i was wrong :anguished: .

I think this could be good (though if Wow goes console that’s me out :cry: )

I don’t quite follow what this means though:
‘Bobby Kotick will continue to serve as CEO of Activision Blizzard, and he and his team will maintain their focus on driving efforts to further strengthen the company’s culture and accelerate business growth. Once the deal closes, the Activision Blizzard business will report to Phil Spencer, CEO, Microsoft Gaming.’
Is he only there until the deal is closed, will there be 2 CEOs or ?

3 Likes

This pretty much confirms its going to Xbox. Guess thats their way of battling FFXIVs success then, huh?

Expect more pruning incoming so the Controllers handle it better.

No king rules forever, I guess.

2 Likes

We can finally buy good games for our monthly sub? Would be really cool

chill the MS game pass includes games you can’t use on consoles

5 Likes

Heh. It’s funny.

Many years ago, in the early 2000’s, it was rumored that Microsoft wanted to buy Blizzard Entertainment from Vivendi.

But it never came through.

But I guess Microsoft’s desire never disappeared.

Will have to ponder the news for a bit. My gut feeling says…interesting.

1 Like

And I quote

““Players everywhere love Activision Blizzard games, and we believe the creative teams have their best work in front of them,” said Phil Spencer, CEO, Microsoft Gaming. “Together we will build a future where people can play the games they want, virtually anywhere they want.””

Enjoy Console WoW boys.

2 Likes

That reads as Bobby is overseeing the deal and then will be given the golden handshake and out the door.

9 Likes

Bonkers for those of us around in the early 80s how big gaming has become, $68.7Billion is a huge amount of money and they would only pay that if they believed it would make more in the future. Staggering.

4 Likes

Exactly that

He’ll stay in post till the merger then probably be made redundant with a nice payoff

3 Likes

Yeah, full merge of giants like these two takes some time, and Bobby will stay during transition process.

1 Like

that doesnt have to be a bad thing imo. That doesnt have to mean crossplay. Because crossplay would be unfair with the amount of keybinding and add ons pc players could get. But it would be pretty cool if i could play WoW on a switch when i am not at home for example. Some people are able to play the game with controllers already anyway

1 Like

I can’t imagine wow coming to console. Maybe only if you connect mouse and keyboard though, there is stuff like this. Only with a controller would mean I’m out.

Making the sub via Game Pass could be interesting though.

1 Like

Bye bye Bobby, May you ruin games on other pastures.

Bigger plot twist than BFA and Shadowlands put together, huh.

12 Likes