Microsoft buys activision/blizzard

i think you already got this option for some consoles

Itā€™ll be weird if it comes to Xbox. Text communication has never been used in-game in the time Iā€™ve been an Xboxer (since 360). So I wonder if mic communication will become standard in stuff like M+ pugs.

Itā€™s also crazy Microsoft now owns CoD.

:rofl: :joy: hat down!

1 Like

Thrallā€™s balls! This was unexpected!

5 Likes

Surely Wow canā€™t get released on the Xboxā€¦?

Foreshadowed long ago as well!

Brilliant story writing! :yum:

Letā€™s just hope it doesnā€™t go to console. Iā€™ve never had a console and am far too old to start learning new stuff now.

13 Likes

Well, people have been asking for WoW to go free to play, and now it will. On Gamepass.

I donā€™t think there exists a scenario where Blizzard/Microsoft will scrap WoW on PC and force everyone who plays it to buy a console and subsequently redesign the entire game to work on consoles.

Theyā€™re not insane and theyā€™re not sadists eitherā€¦ I think.

But I donā€™t see what harm would come if a separate console version was explored. If thereā€™s an audience for it, why not? It worked for Classic.

5 Likes

I donā€™t care what they are doing with company
if this means blizzard will have a ROOM for improvement in WOW and will make the game even better then ever was do it
you canā€™t lose because they are already at the bottom
so you can only go up from there

2 Likes

That would be fine. So long as there is enough of an audience for two WoWs.

Finally some good news!

1 Like

Blizzard have always been resistant to cloud based play. Pulling WoW for G-Force Now etc. and suggesting you could get banned for streamed play. Maybe with M$ keenness on multiplatform and connectivity this might change, which would be about time and a positive.

This is good news for me personally.
I think this will help me with letting go of Wow

2 Likes

Yupā€¦

why do you think wow on console means you have to play it on console or there needing to be 2 wows. There have been people wich played the game on pc with a controller and on some consoles you can play with keyboard and mouse. So even if it goes to console there shouldnt be any issue. At most there would be some extra servers for people on consoles where voicespeak probably will be more normal

Wow. I said a while ago to only way to save WoW would be for it to be sold to someone who will care about the game, and weā€™ll this is it it seems.

3 Likes

They currently do Play Anywhere which is basically bind on account games. So you buy a game once and can play it on PC or Xbox, I think there is cross platform.

The current Xbox has keyboard and mouse compatibility. The only thing is how addons will work.

2 Likes

Indeed? RIP Lionhead. RIP Bungie. RIP Rare.

Microsoft consumes studios and spits out the bones, much like EA. Typically they get 1 release out the door before itā€™s over. 2 if they were already working on something when the consumption began.

This is bobby opening his way out

1 Like