Microsoft buys activision/blizzard

@Ananda: I just heard the news on CNN. If I understood correctly, Activision/Blizzard will remain a separate unit of Microsoft. Even so, this is rather huge news.

1 Like

and the higher power says…

REJOICE!

1 Like

I was replying to Jito who I thought was implying there would be two separate Wows:

Maybe I misread it.

Not sure on Bungie.

But Lionhead is an awful example with Peter Molyneux at the helm, Rare were nothing without Nintendo and it showed.

Addons could work with a system similar to Bethesda mods, is a system that allow users to upload their own Fallout 4 and Skyrim mods so players can downlod them both on PC and XBox. With means we finally will have a first-party addon site that would allow check for updates without dependind on third party sites nor software.

1 Like

Kick

Out

Kotick!

Cya Kotick.

Nah, Console/PC crossplay, but not console exclusive :laughing:

I am a Xbox Player and I know how Microsoft operates with their Xbox systems. They will for sure push for a “CloudGaming” and Console Version of WoW, but not as an exclusive.

Imagine if WoW turns into Horizon 2.0 ahahah

It doesn’t say anything about that. Microsoft means “XBox” to be their gaming brand, not the console.

It’s now perfectly possible for an XBox game to be exclusive to PC.

Anyway idc. I hope it gets rid of Bobby.

4 Likes

Microsoft playing an IRL game of monopoly against Apple and Google. Healthy good stuff.

This might also mean that 10.0 might not release this year since Microsoft actually thinks ahead and is such a financial powerhouse that they don´t need to rush stuff to make income short term. Better pray the 9.2 raid is good because Shadowlands might be the longest lasting expansion of WoW.

5 Likes

Microsoft policy since years ago is to have their games on all platforms possible with Game Pass. Their goal is to seel Game Pass, not Xbox. So, there is little chance that any Activision Blizzard will be Xbox exclusive. PC and Xbox exclusive on other hand is likely, that means no more Call of Duty on PS5 until Sony accept Game Pass.

Now wow will get updates every 30 seconds.

4 Likes

Next up Disney buys Sony

2 Likes

Would sort out the Spiderman rights issues.

3 Likes

And Ion!

Goodbye, incompetent people who led this game to fall!

5 Likes

He stays chum

Haha, If Disney do that I would believe it happens only to get Spiderman back.

1 Like

Sure. And I wouldn’t have an issue with a WoW console version. I can easily imagine Blizzard developing that. But I would also imagine that it would be a separate and standalone version of the game, like WoW Classic already is. Blizzard would just add another version to the list.

Or in gaming terms: Console version, but no cross-play.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that. Many games work with crossplay on all 3 platforms (Playstation, Xbox, PC)… Destiny 2 for example, is such a game.

Works magnificently.