Missing Characters on Old Account

Evening all,

I recently reactivated an old account on WoW and found that some of my old characters remained - but most had vanished, and there doesn’t seem to be any logic to which are missing.

The account was under Vakis#2500 on Battlenet, the characters were transferred in 2013 as I can see in transactions but not which or where they ended up.

Missing ones include:

Wraeth - Warrior
Woeful - Druid
Väkis - Hunter
Sÿn - Rogue

Hoping Blue can help me (and the reason I am not posting on that account is because it thinks ironically there is no lvl 10 char, so I can’t post on the forum…)

Open a support ticket, nobody on the forums can help you with this.

1 Like

Try the item restoration page. It can be useful to track down lost characters as it will list every character on every realm, game version and accounts that you have.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/restoration/characters

2 Likes

You need to move this to customer support. You can do that by editing your post.

This is usually what CS will advise you to try to locate characters.

This happened to me too, a paladin and a druid. I’m particularly cross about the druid because she has the Dragonwrath legendary.

I thought that was mages only… oh… oh dear.

Hmm. Didn’t work for me, it only listed characters that are selectable. it doesn’t include my “deleted” characters.

Which is doubly annoying because I have a pandaren monk who has not been “restored” since mid MoP.

Crazyladycat and Aléxstrasza have been removed from the “deleted character” list as well.

I don’t really care about the characters, I just don’t want to go through the legendary chain when the legendary was taken from me through no fault of mine.

My druid is my Tarecgosa wielder too. Had to level her just to get the mount version.

Deleted is a different kettle of fish from a returning player who didn’t delete their characters.

Character deletion is not a reliable way to keep any characters. They are permanently deleted after a period of time (if below a certain level). You have to factor in the level squish as well if it’s been a long period of time.

Imgur

Oh don’t tell me I have to go through the whole thing again just because Blizzard made a monkeys of my deleted toons.

Delete forever a toon I had been playing off an on since I made it but keep in my "list two pandaren who haven’t seen a loading screen since MoP.

Well I ain’t going through that quest chain again, especially now where the bosses in Firelands die if you so much as breathe on them.

What level was it when you deleted it?

Speaking of missing characters… I had one rather high level (maybe 45-50 after the level squish) priest that I deleted and for some reason it disappeared from my recover list (but all those test DK characters are all still there…)

Is there a way to restore it? Should I open a ticket about it?

I honestly can’t remember but she was pretty high. My Alexstrasza troon was more for tmog and she was about 10

I’m now wondering what characters got my legendaries and I shouldnt’ remove them

If the character has been purged from your deleted list then there is no way to restore it. Once a character has been deleted from that list it’s permanant and support can’t get it back.

It does seem odd that some characters seem to never get purged, even when they have met the criteria for it. I’ve still some very low levels in my delete list (all under level 20) that i deleted well over 10 years ago.

1 Like

That sucks… well, it was just an alt, I never did important things on it, so I guess I could level another one with the new Remix feature. :man_shrugging:

Just another thing to add to my infinite dracthyr evoker to do :muscle:

Lost the the Void :pensive:

I have tried, I get an error at the point of submission (across two different devices too) so I hoped a post might work