Mistweaver hotfix coming

Glimmer already has a duration. With insane haste breaks you could get it on a lot of people, but you would still have to refresh. Monks in raids never had to refresh. Get HoTs up and never heal again. This was never meant to be a playstyle for any healer. You are suppose to dps in your downtime or passively, not purely heal by doing dps. Discipline is an exception because their healing outside of doing damage is terrible, Monks can still heal pretty well with font and other spells when dps is not available.

This is the perfect change for the talent. Target limit would just encourage taking 2 monks in raids instead of 1.

1 Like

weird that the spells of a glimmerdin cost way less mana then mistweavers :wink: lower the mana if you want them to refresh every 4 seconds

I still don’t understand why they had to force the healer to dps in order to do heals.
Example melee wings.

Not sure why you’re talking to me when you can very clearly see from my armory and logs that I don’t main holy. My response was to the Khans who doesn’t seem to get what this hotfix was aimed at.

I did read your post.

Everybody is getting why the nerf happened.
What you are not understand is: HPala was being left to dominate with 40%+ output in EP + a DR + insane damooge. Monk though, had to be nerfed after 2 months to balance things out, for holy pala… Yes 2 months, becuase in the first month all raids used 2disc 2hpala.

The nerf is highly biased towards hpala that dominated this whole xpc.
I dont main MW as well.

Huh… Blizzard really doesn’t like this new build.

Enveloping mist heals more than holy shock, so it costs more mana. I’d say its fair.

Problem is glimmerdin never runs out of mana, it’s barely a resource to consider and it’s the only healer that has that, while also topping the meters.

The problem is they let them be as they are now for a whole tier, but they had to nerf you in 2 months.

That could be for variety of reasons. One its not all about throughput, but the way it plays. Never having to heal again after applying your HoTs is not the same as just healing a bit more than other specs. On top of that, this is not a class that fully relies on that, if/when dpsing is not an option, you have font, revival, cocoon and brews to fall back on and paladins have what? Wings? If you can’t crusader strike, glimmer efficiency and healing coming from it is more or less dead.

The guy I was replying to clearly wasn’t, please read my post in context next time.

Not disagreeing that holy paladins weren’t ridiculous last tier, but if you think MW monks being able to pull 4x the HPS of any other class right now is fine because Paladins had it good last tier then I have no idea what to say. If you were raiding and another class was doing 4x your damage on most encounters would you be fine with that?

In response to your Warcraftlogs link earlier where you noted the max percentile score difference between paladins and other healers in 8.2, please look up the max percentile score difference for monks right now, isn’t even comparable. Even with your skewed view that broken talents/traits should be left alone because it’s been done before, you can’t honestly think that glimmer in 8.2 is comparable to the current monk issue?

Yes but its 4 seasons vs 2 months.
Do i have to tell you that?

4 seasons, a must have healer.
2 seasons, a must have healer x2.
4 seasons, a progress healer

2 months of MW dominance after progression. NERFIT!

You don’t seem to be able to grasp this whole very strong vs ridiculously broken. You can’t justify MW currently pulling 400k hps on most bosses. The tier isn’t over for a huge majority of players.

Did you even look up what I asked you to look up? The difference in score shows how broken it is right now, it’s nowhere near the difference between other healers and Paladins when glimmer was at its strongest, it’s much worse.

And what are you talking about for seasons? Mythic plus? Raiding? PvP? This change will only really affect raiding, MW will still be god tier in pvp and great in m+ and great in raiding. All they need now is a decent raid CD as Revival and crane are meh.

All in all you can’t justify them not making a change, your excuse of “iTs oNlY bEeN 2 mOnThS” isn’t an excuse.

Im already aware of it.

Now ill say it one more time with the last hope you will understand it:
MW was,is and never be a progress healer
Hpala was always a progress healer, it should have the disc treatment that means lower healing output because it brings damage+DR’s

Dont we talk about raiding?

While your humandin zealot-ism fails to understand what i said above.

When is a paladin not able to DPS at all during a fight exactly? There’s always something to hit, I even see paladins hitting nzoth when moving even if he has his shell up.

This is also clearly proven when it tops the meters basically every tier, with an added bonus of passive damage reduction which is always god-tier during progress. And it can use quick heal aka flash of light if there is literally nothing you can dps, which never happens.

Okay? And at any point did I say that monks don’t need changes? I literally just said they need stronger raid cds as that is what they lack, their throughout is fine.

But your argument started on Holy Paladins being overpowered for the entire tier of EP so monks should be allowed to remain in the state they are now for the whole of the current tier. I’ve not misunderstood a single part of this argument, you were even kind enough to highlight it in the quote below:

This is what I disagreed with.

You also fail to realize that just because some munks spent a few millions to buy BoE gear and top the broken corruption system, that doesnt mean all monks output this way…

While glimmer works perfectly fine, without 5200 mana cost and ofc without 1.7 sec cast time…

The build is fine, a few people have the gold to make it plus the RNG it needs.
It was blizzards mistake, they cant take away what people invested to it.
Besides the ULTRA broken Hpala, did you see them nerf shadow during EP?

How much more proof you want?

I really can’t put it in terms simpler than I have already bud.

Paladin being too strong in EP was bad, should have had the nerf earlier than when the next tier came.

Monk being too strong right now is way way worse, hence hotfix coming sooner.

Just because one spec is level 10 broken in one tier, doesn’t mean that one spec level 100 broken in a current tier should be left alone.

I can see from your logs are you likely suffering from PTSD when you were unable to compete with a holy paladin from when you last raided in EP, doesn’t mean that this gimmicky monk crap is fine.

Did you complain about EP holy or you just enjoyed it?
Show me yourself complaining about it in the forums.

Yes its way worst only for the top 100 that have the gear and gold? on the last tier that always a spec breaks the game. It was always like that. Outside the bis corruption MW is a joke, you really need to see one without them

Its exactly the same, but my main now competes with Hpalas EZ pz.
You do know these 500kHPS logs are cooked right?
You cant have a monk with 500k hps and another two with 100 while we all make that boss with 300-500k total output right?

Youre literally complaining about cooked logs of the top rich players lol
But Hpala didnt need a nerf xD