Mizuk - Vulpera Caravanserai and Festival

THE MIZUK - Vulperan Caravanserai and Festival

Date: July 26-28 2024

Time: 19:30 onward! Event duration isn’t quite fixed, though in the case of the Dance of Swords and the Call of the Wailing Bone, I don’t plan for them to take more than 2 hours unless the Roleplay gets good. Nevertheless, you can find small scheduled spaces to have an idea of how long something may take.

Location: Scorching Sands Outpost as a backdrop! We may use other locations like the Oasis and the inner desert zones during one of the present events

Faction: Horde leaning, prioritising vulpera.

Event details:

An intermittent caravanserai and sometimes festival, hosted by small coalition of Caravans that focus on the trading of riches and the promotion of culture and labour in more peaceful times.

This event is heavily Vulpera-focused, and I encourage people to bring vulpera that immediately fit the place, thematic and focus.

While all races from Zandalar and the Horde are welcome, we still want you to keep in mind the actual tone of the race and land and remember the circumstances around Vol’dun.

It is a desert, an inhospitable wasteland where the Zandalari send their exiles to die, and this is a safe haven to provide relief from that.
It is not an open touristic destination.

THINGS PLANNED

General Bazaar/Souk: This is more transversal to the general planning of the event and will be taking place during the duration of the entire event. Different Caravan wares and games around! Either planned or more sporadic, commerce and trade is a BIG part of vulpera culture. Pottery, home-brewed food ideas, general knicknacks from all over the desert and Azeroth. This will be permanently be open for anyone to help and cover.

We also plan to hold some communal cooking ideas for each night! Independent to the scavenging runs, so feel free to bring ideas and ingredients of use :>

FRIDAY - Day of Dawn - More Laid-back occasions to celebrate the current status of the vulpera

• Introduction and Dance of Swords - 8 PM:
    As an introductory event, we’ll have a sort of dance-play in which we symbolize the defeat of the Faithless in a very rhythmic way, accompanied by small tunes . This one is scripted, but we’re open to discussing new inputs and elements to the general planning. Contact us in Discord!

• Arena Fighting/ Training - 9:30 PM - 11 PM We may prepare a small tourney should we have the numbers at the moment whenever it forms up, with prepared prizes symbolical and useful in equal parts. The training will include some elements and flair we think fitting for the present classes for Vulpera, and the focus and possibility to exchange what we learnt by travelling Azeroth in terms of combat and other techniques.

• Storytelling time! - Rest of the night onwards:
    A moment to let the people just share whatever story they make up even if completely fictional or home-brewed! We’ll travel to the Oasis should the weather allow for it, to also enjoy a short time to refresh as the day cools off, and to facilitate an easier space for a suitable luncheon.

SATURDAY - Day of Noon - Lightweight events that will symbolize working and day-by-day scenarios.

• Scavenging run! - 7 PM - 9 PM: In order to aid and prepare for our night of crafts needed and our food for the night, we’ll be separating across Vol’dun to find different resources to put to use during the night, and the following day.

• Artistry introduction - 9 PM onwards!: Pottery, black-smithing, cooking, basketry… Whatever we bring up and whatever people want to bring up to teach and prepare other vulpera to do in the future!

SUNDAY - Day of Dusk - The events to tie the loose ends, material or spiritual, and prepare for the next day with a heart at the ready.

• Gathering of the First Steps: 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM A small and short forum to discuss new trade routes and the resources that could be found around them. Free to come and go.
  • The Call of the Wailing Bone: 8:30 PM Onwards A short walk, pilgrimage, across Vol’dun carrying some sort of icon or even an actual deceased member to protect, culminating with a general storytelling of those who existed back in the day.
    It will be loaded with dangers but coming together we’ll face them together.
    A slightly conflict oriented event, with a couple of silly twists. Watch your pockets ~.

OOC NOTES

• Avoid severe IC tensions and confrontations, and take them away from the general spots should you really follow with them. It doesn’t mean everyone needs to be IC friendly, but this is not a place to focus on dealing with interpersonal issues.

• No villain characters allowed. This is not an event to distrupt freely, and you’ll be ignored should there be any attempt without any sort of warning OOC or particular permission.

• Reduce OOC chatter to the minimum.

• Poke us hosts about attendance, to keep track of the numbers from very early on

OOC contacts (Discord)

• duneblessed
  • crow_the_crafty_corvid
30 Likes

Dunes call to us brothers and sisters! Let us rejoice in our heritage
And celebrate life! :fox_face:

6 Likes

A great celebration of the vulpera culture, history and life. Very excited for this. :orange_heart:

5 Likes

Looking forward to seeing caravans gather!! :desert:

6 Likes

A very clever idea! I hope to be around for this!

6 Likes

So glad to see that the recent conversations on More Vulpera :tm: are already making fruit! :>

The reminders on the tone of Vulpera as a race and the land they inhabit is a good one! I like the naming theme on the Day Cycles, as well .)

8 Likes

This is a lovely initiative. I’ll have to see if I can attend, but it definitely has my endorsement!

3 Likes

You have my attention…
(Will have to see if I can make it!)

2 Likes

Vulpera RISE :yellow_heart: Beautiful, well-thought out ideas – we are looking forwards to this~!

Let’s fill Vol’dun with life :>>

7 Likes

this sounds like a great celebration of the Vulpera culture! Looking forward to it!.
Awesome to see people making such concepts

1 Like

:fox_face: :tada:

3 Likes

I’ve begun preparing the Sword Dance event, and I’d like to know if there’s anyone specifically interested in participating, and discussing ideas about it. The general script is done, but we’ve still got time to change things and prepare the approach to the acting :>

Can reach out to Crow or me on Discord, as indicated above! :>

Is the Sword Dance event like a choreographed dance-sort of thing, or an actual play? :thinking:

1 Like

It’s meant to be a coreographed dance symbolizing a process of liberation, with some narration in the background by a DM.

2 Likes

Definitely interested in participating in that, then! Been very jealous of all the elven dance-events I’ve seen pop around, I’d love to experience something of that kind fitting the Vulpera.

1 Like

Updated the event list with some schedules, and re-schedulings!

2 Likes

This sounds awesome! I love the theme. I’ll be bringing my Vulpera along, hopefully. :smiley:

1 Like

It sounds like, I have to make a Vulpera now. :see_no_evil:
Always had this idea for a nomadic merchant. I think I can work with that.

2 Likes

The first day concludes with the Blade Dance being a general success and the small tournament held, offering some VALUABLE and USEFUL trinkets as prizes…

We continue with the Day of Noon tomorrow, three groups to participate in a scavenging run and an artisanry-focused event! It may include a small prize for the most original idea among the participants!

3 Likes

Thank you for making Derenly feel welcome! A most enjoyable evening. :slight_smile: And even got a chance to do a little ringside healing!

1 Like