MM Hunter: We demand buffs and compensation - Blizzard

It appears that the recent nerf to the Marksmanship Hunter class in World of Warcraft has resulted in it being considered subpar in comparison to other classes. This decision by Blizzard has led to disappointment and frustration among players, as many have invested significant time and money into the game. The lack of communication and explanation for this nerf has further compounded this issue.

It is imperative that Blizzard takes responsibility for this decision and actively works to improve the balance between classes, particularly in terms of pvp combat. This can be achieved by listening to the feedback and concerns of players who have invested in the Marksmanship Hunter class, and by understanding their needs through hands-on experience with the class in a competitive environment.

We demand clear communication and fair explanations for the nerfs, and appropriate compensation in the form of class buffs. As a multi-billion dollar company, it is unacceptable that balance issues cannot be adequately addressed.

14 Likes

We can always have a constructive discussion about Double Tap and whether it could be improved, made more engaging or should in fact just be removed. I didn’t even like the ability itself that much, but removing it without adequate compensation has left what feels like a big hole in our toolkit. Not only does it eliminate valuable burst, it also eliminates the added focus regen through the doubled Rapid Fire. But it requires that Blizzard do their part. Communication is a two-way street.

It’s starting to feel distinctly like Blizzard returning to their usual and all too familiar ways of radio silence and community neglect after what felt like a slightly promising start to Dragonflight with numerous promises of change. I’m dumbfounded by the way Blizzard has handled this change. It came out of the blue weeks and weeks ago with plenty of time and opportunity to communicate their thoughts and intentions and receive feedback. This hamfisted change tells me they either have no interest in communication or simply don’t have the capacity to accommodate it. I don’t care how much they or anyone else tells us they listen. They have to show it.

6 Likes

The part that’s most infuriating is the player base who support the changes to hunter in whatever capacity have placed the blame at player feedback or other forum posts, due to the definitive lack of a blue post or dev comments about the situation. Which to me implies that maybe they are reading the forums, or feedback… it’s just not hunter feedback or forum queries…

1 Like

For the love of the god, stop complaining about DT. WE’RE STILL FINE. Our damage is even now very high… The MM hunters clique are really a bunch of whiners, damn…talking about PvP.

The fact that MM Hunter’s in tier list are C and D because they don’t have a deeper bottom to place them, it doesn’t concern you?

No, it doesn’t I place them at B tier myself. Everyone is overreacting. Give it a week or 2.

2 Likes

Exactly you couldn’t say it better!

Was a generalised comment… there’s a lot more wrong with hunter than just the loss of DT. But they’ve done nothing to address any of the issues. Not one. Other than a 10% buff to RoS…

I 100% agree with what’s being said, fine remove DT, but address it, and make the player base aware of why it was removed and what’s being done to compensate, if at all…

Other class buffs have had reasoning, the only comment we had was about addressing pet survivability, which ultimately, didn’t even address pet survivability! Go figure!

3 Likes

just because your experience seems positive doesn’t mean the majority of hunter players are severely disappointed with the changes. In casual content the change is completely fine. In serious +20 keys content or higher or mythic raiding, it’s a disaster. Hunters are now the least selected class because of their lack of group utility, no buffs, terrible DPS and ABYSMAL survivability

2 Likes

if nerfs are “fine” in PvP tehn nerf just PvP … they can do that

these nerfs are NOT fine in PvE … which is what MAJORITY of the playerbase do …

I said MM hunters damage was fine not the other parts of the spec. Yes, we need more survivability (healing, not defensive cds) if you take damage away. And a good talent replacer. Which we don’t have now. But DT was a very unhealthy button gameplaywise. Good riddance. Again, from a PvP point.

1 Like

It sucks for pvp but i though it wasent “that” big of a nerf for pve, less burst sure but somewhat simular dps overall.

The hunter discord says its around the same dps single target and 1-2% dps nerf for aoe which all things considered ain’t that big.

So it was mostly a pvp nerf.

I don’t main mm but from the guys over on trueshot lodge this wont stop mm players from doing mythic raids or +20s.

2 Likes

NERF HUNTER BETTER FOR THE GAME !
BETTER FOR EVERYBODY !

:kissing_heart:

The talent tree needs revamp and boost, some talents need to merge into one.

because tier liest are soooo representative of the whole playerbase and actual real people playing, sure. :yawning_face:

1 Like

Of course, tier lists are representative, half of the player base is rerolling characters to fit in the meta and blizzard provides the boost to them.

Alright, so since this person doesn’t like tier lists because of alleged “subjectivity”, let’s take a look at a tier list that compiles recent accessible data, shall we.

The link below will lead you to a “tier list” that compiles Mythic raid data (1 week, 1 day), M+ data (1 week, 1 day) and PvP data (Solo shuffle, 2s, 3s).

https:// snipboard. io/9FYxNt. jpg
(Just delete spaces from within the link, there’s 2 after the stops and 1 after doubleslash)

There’s a reason why MM is top 32 percentile within 90 percentile performance in Raid, top 52 percentile within 90 percentile performance in m+, and 1.51 % of all 2.4+ players in Solo Shuffle, 0.48 % in 3v3 and 0 % in 2v2. (Can we also talk about the fact that 95 % of all 2.4+ titles this season come from solo shuffle and there’s 4800± players there, with 27 in 2s and 180 in 3s? Enjoy farming your glad mounts boys :^) )

1 Like

“half of the playerbase” is BS.
wannabe pro, nolifers and the top 1% reroll reguarly because they wanna be (or they need to be) cutting edge, top dogs.

the vast majority of the playerbase stick to the same pg for at least a whole patch, possibly the whole xpac or across multiple xpac in a row.

I didn’t say they are subjective, i’ve said they are not representative of the playerbase actions. the amount of people changing pg following tier list is tiny.

My bad, but still - the data from said screenshot compilation are representative of endgame high level gameplay, which is ultimately the category where the data actually matters from. You can play a spec above average, but there’s a skill ceiling which can’t be outperformed by more skill, and that’S what we’re talking here about performance-wise. There’s a reason why there’s over 6 times more DHs at the top of the SS ladder compared to MMs, or almost twice as much compared to all hunters in general.

1 Like

I know it sucks to lose DT, but what really irritaes me is they switch SF to where DT used to be. From patch notes : Double Tap has been removed and has been replaced by Tactical Reload in the Talent tree.
That’s not ture, as they moved SF from where Tactical Reload is now to, if they kept SF where it was, i would not care so much, Because now i cant use Salvo and Unerring Vision.

1 Like