MM nerf on PTR

Wild spirits no longer proccing off SST. It’s roughly ~5% DPS nerf. ~9% in AOE M+. Really hope we get a damage buff to compensate :fearful:

9 Likes

SST = Serpent Sting?

Yes sst=serp sting

am i the only one to find it hilarious that you explained the abbreviation by using a shortening of the word? LMAO

4 Likes

Yeah and even though it’s obviously understandable but it’s not even serpent sting, it’s serpent stalkers lol

Anyway the nerf is more like ~3% single target. We have no idea what anything will look like going in to next tier though so not point worrying.

1 Like

Whole-heartedly agree. There hasn’t been a single major patch since 7.1 that didn’t add extra layers of borrowed-power onto the systems we have in-game, so it would certainly be a little naive to not expect that to continue into 9.1.

But in the meantime, I can selfishly look forward to the possibility of Kyrian closing the PvE gap on NF :sweat_smile:

Come on! :confused:

With Wild Spirits finally brought down a little and Necrolord stuff buffed, my Necrolord hunter will be able to go out without feeling sorry for himself.

That being said, Necrolord soulbinds still suck. I wish they reworked all 3 of them… Plaguewhoever is completely useless, while Emeni and Heirmir are literally cripples compared to Pelagos or Niya.

Wild Spirits didn’t need nerfing. NF MM aren’t a “meta” DPS in any content any longer - awful in PvP, and while we’re still “good” in PvE the top M+ groups will opt for a mix of Outlaw/WW/Fire/Boomie instead & we are behind the pack leaders in Nathria.

Necro/Ven sucked, bringing them up was all that needed doing. No point nerfing the throughput of a class that isn’t even at the top, especially when those who are at the top haven’t copped anything (except Affliction).

It’s a hideous, horrible and grotesque precedent to add a system which forces a player to commit to something just to nerf them and potentially un-do all the investment. The covenant system sucked pre-release, it sucked at launch, it sucks now and it’s looking to suck in 9.0.5 and beyond.

20 Likes

Mage main looking all the more attractive now!

4 Likes

It’s not on the official 9.0.5 patch notes yet! Unless they ninja nerf it :roll_eyes:

And other classes getting tier sets too. Anyway it’s huge nerf. For aoe we’ll be looking more at 7-8% damage loss. After 9.0.5 hunters will be worthless in high M+ keys.

2 Likes

Who said it’s tier sets did I miss that?

Edit - just checked they’re “cosmetic”, no news on tier sets yet :frowning:

We’re not even meta in pve nor pvp and they still nerf us. WS is the only thing that makes hunters viable in pve. now that they plan to remove double proc, well i wish you all good luck in the lfg system.
Guess im going kyrian if this goes through or just reroll completely…again. imagine destroying a legendary that thousands of people have invested a lot of time and money in and not give a crap about it…

3 Likes

You on crack?

Have to keep this thread alive guys. If they go through with this, its over for the hunter 100%. with this nerf to WS we are talking about 25-30% dmg loss in m+ per pack. Its going to hurt. We are in the low meta, mid tier in raids. not doing so good in pvp either… How much more will you allow them to nerf us? 2 of our specs are already at the bottom. now it might be all 3

1 Like

No

You have wild spirits for every pack? Its 3% nerf on ST and 7-8% on AoE. Why do people feel the need to massively exaggerate on everything it’s so weird.

We are excellent in m+ and very good in raids. A bugfix won’t super change that when tuning hasn’t even started for next tier.

Do you seriously think this thread is going to have any influence whatsoever on blizzards tuning?

5 Likes

It was never a bug. it worked as intended. if this was a bug, they would of fixed it at the very beginning.

And no im not exaggerating, you damn troll! Ive done the math, several others too.
And yes. per pack. per pack that you pop wild spirits on you smartass!
Do some research before commenting please!

1 Like

It was a bug. One button = one wild spirit proc, on literally everything other than aimed shot. They didn’t fix it because they didn’t want to change legendary/covenant balance at the very start of the expansion when people had only just committed to crafting/a covenant.

Oh damn, I guess your math is far superior to sims.

The fix sucks, but we knew it was coming eventually.

4 Likes

Seems like you are the one that thinks you are far superior… You’ve done nothing but pissing people off on the forums…
This nerf will set us back by far. we will be bottom tier. those 9% overall is far worse than you think and it will get even worse with better gear.

So tell me because im very curious. Whats your deal? Do you really wish this to happen? Do you really want to be set back so much that we are going to have a lot of hard time and frustration? All you do is typing obnoxius and childish comments and want to bring the hunters to the bottom. seriously, WHAT is your deal??!

1 Like