MMOs for Roleplayers - which are left besides WoW?

Depending on how big a show they made of leaving WoW :^)

3 Likes

Addicts gonna addict

I on the other hand am an MMO theme park tourist going from ride to ride. :sunglasses:

Sadly they removed the Scarlet Blade ride :pensive:

1 Like

Of course WoW won’t have zero players. Even the smallest RP communities on other realms still manage with very few players.

However, the risk that all random RP will suffer to a point that only Stormwind will provide a decent home for it (perhaps with a single district being used for RP!) or that very few guilds with limited players will remain - no more new guilds, no more new concepts! - well, that might be a possibility in the coming years. Heck, just look at these forums - in the pet peeve section no one has been talking about WoW, most likely because they aren’t playing it.

1 Like

Wildstar would have been the perfect game for it… it just died way too early :sleepy:

I just keep looking for one with a thriving, passionate roleplaying scene. The pushing buttons to make big number part of the game is a distant concern. I typically loathe leveling too as a necessary evil. Gimme a storytelling outlet.

FFXIV has a passionate and thriving RP scene (especially the US servers), and the storytelling takes front and centre over the levelling. To the point in the most recent changes merely doing the main story now is sufficient to level you up alone to max level. Heck even the raids have a large narrative focus as well far more than anything we’ve seen in WoW since the days of WoTLK .

They still are. But it makes sense.

The Valkyrie order is female only, for instance.

The Ganelle ( Rangers ) and Vedir ( Dark Knights ) elves are all women because in elven lore the men remained underground for thousands of years to contain a great evil and only recently came out. The males are playable as the Luthragon ( Archer ) class. All those 3 types of elves are different tribes with their own culture, powers and aesthetics.

Giants are all male because it’s a male-only mutation found in humans.

Then you have the Ninja/Samurai/Brawler classes that have both male and female variants.

i mean you could say that it makes sense because of the lore but i would instead say that the lore is that way to facilitate the class gender locks, it’s not like bdo is based on some long existing franchise with prior lore to the best of my knowledge

2 Likes

Okay but I cannot play at normal US hours. I guess I can take a look at my old account soon if it’s still there after years of neglect.

Damn, some people really be like that.

3 Likes

There’s an RP scene on EU too, also where a lot of ADers are hanging.

1 Like

That’s good, I guess. This place has a lot of baggage and rotten, weird people involved but at least I’d be in familiar company facing the unknown weirdos of the catgirl simulator.

As i say in the peeves thread a lot, i have a private channel in game for AD people of which you’re welcome to join so you CAN face the new game with familiar people.

1 Like

They do have big buff Viking women, the Guardian. The Ranger is also taller than most Male classes.

Same, I can barely even play at EU RP hours. At least there’s a Discord for EU RP and some fellow ADers actually recognized me there.

It’s worth mentioning that the NA servers (naturally) has a sizable EU community as well, and a lot of people that play in EST run their events and stuff in EU-friendly hours. I RP with a free company (guild) that’s predominantly made up of people that are from EU. Ultimately the choice won’t matter that much down the line though, since they’re adding Data Centre cross-play during Endwalker (initially just for the regions themselves, but eventually between regions too).

Might be 6 months from now, might be a year from now, but it’ll come. Probably what I’m looking forward to the most from the new expac tbh.

1 Like

Out of sheer curiosity, what server would one choose for EU RP?

As lintian said; Server doesn’t really matter, you just want to be on the Chaos Data Center.

Most of us are on omega though, but even if you are not, you can still join the chat channel and still interact (hell, you can even use the AH) so long as you’re on the Chaos Data Center.

5 Likes

Omega gang.

3 Likes