Pet peeves: The return (Part 1)

People have spoken something about Omega - is that the World Server or something else?

Omega is one the Chaos Data Center.

I only seem to be recommended Light Data Center.

go back to the main menu and click “data center” and change it to chaos.

2 Likes

I’ve noted with gyazo you need to right click > image URL to get the image to show :>

1 Like

The data center is the most important choice, since you can freely visit other servers on your data center, but not different data centers (yet — they’re working on it). You want Chaos, as opposed to Light, since most AD folks and most RP is on Chaos.

Be warned, though, that because of the wave of WoW refugees, it’s currently almost impossible to create a new character on Omega, and often on any server at all, during the evening. You will have better luck during the morning or afternoon.

Once you do create your character, however, you can play without any problems; so far I haven’t experienced any lag or disconnection issues even at peak hours.

2 Likes

I apparently do not own a desk but instead a glorified cat bed

3 Likes

Honestly, my problem with that screen is not the wording (nobody reads these anyway) but the fact that it appears at that specific moment at all. It’s the same stuff you’re shown when creating an account anyway, and you have to tick an “I agree” checkbox under similar text back then, during account creation, so it’s probably not even strictly legally necessary.

My peeve is different.

This is a big milestone for your character. You’ve just unlocked your level 30 job and got a soul crystal. You’ve graduated from being a novice adventurer. It’s supposed to be a triumphant, uplifting moment for an archer starting out as a bard. Instead, my game flow is interrupted by a screen of legalese mentioning Square Enix and third-party music — and suddenly I’m back in the Primary World again, looking at the abortive little Secondary World from the outside.

1 Like

It’s pathetic that Wowhead stops you from commenting on the Blizzard prosecution related articles.

1 Like

I fully agree

2 Likes

Loyalists can’t let dissent take root after all.

1 Like

It should be illegal to make tiny cute things and then make horrible things happen to them.

me, yelling at the screen of a kobold crying: c’mooon he’s just a little guy. he’s just a tiny little guy c’mon

2 Likes

he didn’t even drop good items :sob:

4 Likes

Wowhead comments are an absolute cesspool and should be disabled in general.

4 Likes

Didn’t stop me from handing our at-the-time-goblin my bow and 4 arrows to deal with a pack of them in the D&D campaign we finished :^)

why aren’t FF goblins playable they’re basically skaven except more adorable this is a hate crime

Can only agree.

2 Likes

I don’t know, to me it was an “oh no… Anyway” moment, more than anything. Just didn’t feel like much of a downer moment, maybe because I wasn’t trying to immerse myself at the time (I generally find it impossible to immerse myself in mmos outside of rp).

I live in France, yes.

2 Likes