Moderator attention, please delete thread

If ya be wantin’ something to smell, da easiest way is to throw de animal droppin’ at it.

1 Like

MVPs have no special powers, we get reported the same as anyone else. The only people who can’t be reported are staff, they post in blue and the option to flag simply isn’t there.

I have been reported lots of times, I have had a post or two buried, I have seen it happen to other MVPs as well. Off the top of my head I can remember Danellos had a comment downvoted when all he did was give a technical answer about servers. It was buried for a long time but no action was taken by a moderator because he wasn’t breaking any rules and was explaining how something worked.

1 Like

Yes, poop flinging is the best way to go :poop::monkey::sweat_smile:

I disagree.

As I understand it they removed the down/up vote option as it was being abused. Yet the post above does seem to indicate that some people are using the flagging system as a down vote. So the new system is no better than the original and is still open to abuse in that people can and will flag for no other reason than they disagree with a poster’s point of view.

I’ve been silenced about 4 times on forums. Even though it was childish of me I knew what I was doing and I didnt have any problem with two of them. Two of my most recent silences though were unjustified. Even if my post was unpleasant BUT within CoC I honestly think I should not be punished for it. I am pretty sure it went like ‘Oh its this guy again. he broke rules in the past lets just silence him again’.

Higher threshold =/= not able to flag. A lot of people dislike MVPs and usually for good reason, and their posts would be flagged basically all the time if they didn’t give them a higher threshold. Just the same, you trying to claim not having any special powers while having your own little forum area - a direct line to blues - and as far as I can tell free invites to Alpha/betas… is a little off.

And this is the thing I disagree with, posts should be flagged on content if it breaks CoC for posting, NEVER should they be flagged because you just disagree or dislike a person. And in my opinion, the only way to stop this would be for the Moderators to actually track abuse of the flagging system.

4 Likes

My only issue with your statement is that how do you actually know this is the case unless those ‘cliques’ expose themselves and what they are doing? At best it is merely a suspicion that this is the case but there is no actual way to prove this as we are not informed as to who has flagged our posts.

You say you see these cliques doing it constantly but how can you actually do this?

1 Like

I was punished for your sins so we can have a better tomorrow. A true hero.

I think atm we see it as an exuse more and more. People are posting things insulting others, getting flagged and are blaming it on ‘cliques’ and MVPs who only have the same reporting rights as any other poster. Rather than accepting that they are not adhering to the rules. It is perfectly possible to express an opinion without having to insult every one else.

The downvote system on the old forums was never meant as a downvote, it was meant as a way to highlight a topic/post that needed moderator attention. None of us understood this (myself included) and just used it as a way to disagree. They removed it because it wasn’t serving the purpose they had intended. Discourse in particular sees downvoting as a negative interaction that does not have a positive effect on discussions. There is various research on this kind of thing.

Yes there are some topics that people are flagging as a kind of downvoting purely because they don’t like the subject matter but unless you are on the big RP forum I don’t really see this as a clique telling everyone to ‘go and downvote this topic now!!!’ kind of thing. The Alliance HE and Sylvanas threads have nothing to do with green posters, cliques or other excuses being used.

In this case 99% of posts along those lines are obvious trolling posts and the flagging is justified.

I have no idea what you mean, being a nice lady I rarely sin :wink:

1 Like

Well yeah, people have to click the flag icon…

ill see myself out

3 Likes

I could easily point fingers at posters who act on forums like they are so nice, well mannered and superior to others and then on discord insult others. It took me literally 10 seconds to look up my name on one of the discords you also use to find that people wished me death and called me a c-word which could be also used as a name of female organ.
Do rules of being nice only apply to forums?

By being in the discords, and around the guilds and communities that do it, Osan. You can also do it by paying attention to who you’re replying to and keep track of who else is viewing the same threads or are around the same threads as you are. ‘there is no way to prove’ is false, you’ll see a lot of high posters pretty much belong to a couple different cliques.

You keep doubting my intentions Emje. It really hurts :crying_cat_face:

However most of that, outside the Discord, is still supposition and not proof.

It’s called making connections, you could ask the same question of pretty much any vaguely worded Blizzard rule/forum CoC? How do they have any evidence of intention? They don’t, but they assume based upon evidence.

and before your reply. You are using the same discord, you chat with each other and whatnot so you’re clearly okay with them using abusive language. Don’t preach when you’re also guilty. What’s the word that starts with H and describes this kind of behavior. Wait. Hyprocrite?