Money money money, Must be funny

Hi folks, poor prot warrior here.

During some of my divagations, while mindlessly heading to the auction house on my 60% mount, spending all my money into consumables for my next raid while asking to myself if I would have enough golds left to repair my gear and finally give my daily dreamful look at those shiny edgemaster’s handguards 'till my wallet start to shout out like my wife would if I looked someone the same way down the street… I wondered to myself how to end this vicious circle of precarity.

My real life job is cool but doesn’t give me that much time to farm properly.

Now there’s the million dol…golds question : capitalizing on what players have been able to experiment since the release of classic, what would be the highest and steadiest gold/hour farm spot for me ? I could go for dps talents if it is profitable enough to cover the respec fees. I’m looking for something I could do alone but I could bring a friend with me if it’s very profitable for both of us.

Thank you kindly for your feedbacks !

1 Like

Do what everyone else does and make a mage alt.

2 Likes

Hi and thanks for the tip.
But, I’m trying to explore every path possible with my current class before thinking about rerolling so I’m more focused on taking advices to farm as a warrior atm.

Maybe do some DM:E jump runs with a friend?

As a warrior you can always do duo jump runs with a healer in DME (you need a mixture of DPS and tankieness but it also depends on the gear level of the healer how much he can compensate a DPS focus).

Otherwise Badlands for Elemental Earth are a great farm for Warriors, if you are Blacksmith and can get the recipe for Elemental Sharpening Stones it’s even better (or Alchemy and Greater Nature Resistance Pots), but the farming spots there are usually a bit more contested, depends on your server.

I suggest you head to eastern plauglands, and kill the worms that are all over the map. They have a 5-7% chance to drop lava acid that is used for nature resist gear. They sell for 15-25g each depending on server.

Very casual and easy farm with little competition and a lot of gold.

If you have both herbalism and mining just farming herbs (blindweed and ghost mushroom) and mithril deposits in Maraudon is very good money. You don’t even need to kill anything.

These days killing low level spiders for venom sacs can be very good money aswell.

No you don’t need tankyness.
I’ve been doing it since ph2 when my warrior had pre-raod bis, which means 90% leather.

It really depends on your and your healers gear level as I wrote. While I did it around P1/P2 with blues and some epics we struggled sometimes (and I know that others also had some issues sometimes), with full epic/BiS gear in P4/P5 I can almost go afk.

Spend 30 mins fishing in Feralas and hey presto you’ve made 60-70g

Leveling a mage takes no time, just use it as a gold creator

Good gold farming that doesn’t depend on KT:

• Good old gathering: mining/herbalism (winterspring, burning steps, Plaguelands, Ungoro, Azshara …)
  • Fishing in Feralas and Azshara
  • AH Gambling with TSM: there’s an active community and trading, when mastered, is the most efficient method.

Keep an eye on what is needed for the new Silithus quests. Some item prices have skyrocketed recently and thus farming can be more lucrative.

As a tank warrior, you’re most likely in the fury-prot spec. If not, google what it is and why/how it works and that’s what you play.

It makes grinding much easier, you can grind things like low level earth elementals in badlands and sell elemental earths, you can grind Winterfall Furbolgs and sell the firewaters and E’kos. I personally grind twilight cultists and sell the pages, 2g a piece.

It’s just a matter of finding the motivation to grind.

• Herbalism/Mining can be very profitable depending on the competition for nodes on your server.
  • If you get some good gear from raids, you can sell tanking service for dungeons. There should be at least some demand for it.
  • Fishing/Cooking

Just a few suggestions.

Yea plus if you have even just Herbalism or just Mining, DME jump runs are very profitable… on my server which is not super min/max dreamfoil stack (which you usually get in 5 jump runs) sells for 20-25g… and that is just herbs

1 Like

There’ll be some Larval Acid farm in AQ20. Prices are likely to fall.

75+ hours is now “no time”?

I find those jump runs to be more rare at least on my server now since Paladins and probably Priests/Shamans can solo Zevrim and glitch out Alzzin for nodes. I main a paladin and I often do solo DM:E runs for nodes. Droprate is a grinch aswell. Doing it as 2 people and only 1 Crystal dropping in 2 hours of farming can be a bit annoying.

You will save up those hours with the speed of mage gold farming, compared to warrior

True. Although I feel that quite a few people level a farm alt and barely farm on it. Farming is sort of boring for many.