Mono-faction servers need more attention

Hey guys,

We’ve been playing for long time now and currently, there are few servers that are left with mainly Horde or Alliance members and being part in one (Flamelash) is simply showing me how much this can kill the game. Our server has a steady decrease of population and more and more guilds leave, in order to get a taste of that REAL CLASSIC experience where other people play and enjoy. I doubt that the main intention for the Classic servers was to make them feel like private servers but in reality, this is what happens. You can barely find people to do the things, we are meant to do in groups and we limit ourselves to unique and scheduled times, when more people are free. Basically, it’s almost impossible to have some free time and try to do a raid/dungeon/elite quest on the same day, as usually there isn’t anybody around. I don’t even want to mention the AQ effort, which we had to collect for BOTH Alliance and Horde and didn’t allow us to open it on time. Due to this, the WHOLE server is down with gear and morale.
With the above being said, I still believe that there’s enough time to revive these servers with a possible merger and allow the players to enjoy the game as it was meant to be, from the very beginning. I do hope that the mono-faction server get some real attention and provide the players what they’ve signed for.

Blood and Thunder,
Grimcho

4 Likes

All pvp servers are bleeding alliance players with the exception of Zandalar Tribe, barely anyone new rolls there since Horde is more agressive and gank more often on 50/50 servers.

There aren’t any servers to merge since if you merge your server with a more balanced one alliance players from the other one will quit the game.

You ruined the experience in P2, now suck it up or reroll ( or transfer )

That doesn’t make any sense. If Alliance is considered special snowflakes, it’s not our business to treat them like a minority or something stupid like the IRL movements to protect ethnicities. This is a simple game and you don’t play it based on your faction but you play based on the games content. Horde players have as much choice as Alliance players, we just happen to be less of babies about it. Also, it’s clear that not Horde but Alliance players have made this possible in P2, however, I’m not here to blame but try finding a solution. You can’t expect to have a 1min lookup of some random facts that you made up and come here comment nonsense.

Welp it’s not the Alliance’s job to continue playing on your server either.

1 Like

You are coming with a request for the real classic experience which I consider impossible to achieve with Blizzard’s interference unless you provide a really convincing argument or use a feature like faction queue which will also make people quit.

Horde was always populated by gankers on private realms and that hasn’t changed, and that acts as a psychological detterant for people who are now older and have real life obligations. People playing the game have changed and you have to make peace with that. But have fun calling adults babies and snowflakes, if you played alliance you would understand that the content you experience is not the same when you constantly get ganked ( git gud ally babies amirite)

Honestly the best thing to do would be to organize a mass transfer to Zandalar Tribe within server community if possible, Blizzard won’t merge because it’s a RPPVP realm but if you organize it right you can have a have a healthy faction balance over there, very few people rp over there, it functions like any other pvp server. (Idk if pvp to rppvp transfer is possible)

P2 was a gankfest on any PvP realm and since most PvP realms are horde dominated the alliance got ganked into the ground.

Or you roll on a balanced medium server where you don’t get ganked 24/7 because the game and the zones were never designed for 7-10k+ populations with hundreds of people in each zone. In Vanilla servers were limited to 3k, after that queues hit and they were “full”. Most servers had a pop between 1k-2k players and people enjoyed the game.

The downside on medium servers in the current boost meta is that finding groups for low level dungeons will be way harder. But get into a guild and find some friends in your level range and you won’t have issues as well. That was at least the way we played Vanilla. Everything was about community in the sense of a good guild and a well sorted friend list to enjoy content and not mega populations which turn out to be a de facto LFG-tool where you just play with randoms every time you want to run an instance or do a group quest.

Do yourself a favor and transfer, just like others did.
Blizzard wont do anything this late in Classic.

The Hordes can thank themselves for being the only faction on their servers. If you want more activity on Alliance, go make Alliance alts and help the Alliance survive and become a bigger minority!

2 Likes

I am full time worker such as the people you very well describe and play WoW today. I’ve been ganked as much from Alliance players as they were from the Horde.
Looking at the rest of the replies, It makes me feel that Alliance has grown soft and rather than stand against what they describe as “unplayable”, they just quit. This is not an attitude for the game and keeping that, regardless of which realm you are in, it makes it worse for everybody else.
A merge would always help and I can’t possibly understand why people are still crying over the phase that is MEANT for world PVP. Of course, the rest of the phases weren’t so rough on World PVP but again, this is part of the game and you comply with. The fact that people were given the chance to migrate, shows how bad at managing issues they are - simple as that.
Now what Blizzard can do is try containing the game playable and I do come with a solution. It’s the most straightforward one and it involves to make the game more enjoyable for two or more servers. I really don’t get why this cry is all about when most of you are playing on balanced servers with the SAME horde players as before. Now imagine if this happens to the disbalanced servers - miracle right…

1 Like

Earthshaker seems to have faction balance in favor of alliance, I didn’t check the stats on Ironforge lately so I thought ZT was still the only one, so that might be the server to merge with if they want to do it before Naxx release.

And damn Flamelash is really dead, my first characters were over there (ally main and horde priest) and I advised my guild to jump ship as soon as transfers were open, but I never imagined all the Horde players would also quit.

I ran census on both chars and it was 40:60 ratio from the first days and it only got worse, as an ally I got ganked so much more even in P1, alliance isn’t soft, people just won’t wanna spend their time getting corpse camped , we all went to pvp servers expecting the vanilla experience but got something else, now the only thing closest to it are pve realms and I wish I rolled there from the start.

Enjoy your pve server now, lol

1 Like

If you think mono faction servers were a thing on vanilla private servers you’re sorely mistaken.

2 Likes

There are small pvp servers ally dominated like judgement and bloodfang so it would make sense to combine two empty one sided servers to make a healthy balanced one but most likely when tbc I released if they keep classic its gonna happen then as blizzard likes to take vacations and take decisions only every few months

1 Like

And ZT is bleeding Horde players. Most Horde guilds are struggling to keep a full roster. Over the last few months, some guilds straight up disbanded, others had to merge and now this week, one of the “better” guilds decided to pack things up and transfer away. It’s slowly turning into a “mono-faction” server aswell.

The server being closed off to transfers for almost 6 months didn’t help. We never had queues or layering, so closing off the server to new characters & transfers was one of the most idiotic things they ever did.

Only allowing faction-specific transfers could have solved all the server issues we have today. The community was asking for that for ages, but yet again they didn’t listen.

1 Like

You reap what you sow.

No sympathy from me!

It’s clear to see who doesn’t have a real experience of playing both factions, just to see the difference. Calling people snowflakes because they have no interest in getting ganked for most of their playtime just highlights certain level of immaturity and lack of understanding.

If you have responsibilities, your gametime is limited and you don’t particularly get joy from making others mad, engaging in endless cycle of ganking likely isn’t for you. Most Alliance players I know, do not really partake in world PVP as on most servers Horde outnumbers them and even stopping to help someone just makes you a target.

If it was just that you got ganked and that was it, you go on with your business, it’d be a different thing. But especially in P2 and after, you got corpsecamped for extended periods of time. All you could do is keep dying, while inching further away or log off. Why would you play and pay for a game you can’t really even play though?

I remember taking over an hour making my way from Light’s Hope to Stratholme, while having maybe 3 to 4 hours at most to play on the days I could play. If it wasn’t for my friends, I’d always play on PVE realms from now on after that. I’ve played on PVP servers since vanilla, I’ve never even touched a PVE server before classic.

What happened during P2 and how that lead to many dead servers, that’s on the Horde players, not on Blizzard or the Alliance players. If you don’t like the state of your server, that is too bad, but nobody is required to stick around to play if they don’t enjoy themselves.

I dont get why everyone on the forms is obsessed with the idea that only horde ganks ppl .allys never fight in the open world alone so its pretty much the opposite its just horde like to engage but its the allys that like to call their whole guild cuz you killed em somewhere

I could say the same thing about the Horde. Both sides do it. But there are more way more Horde players on PvP realms; thus, it seems like the Horde does it more.

I say this as an Alliance rogue who ganks lowbie Hordes in Hillsbrad and Ashenvale every single day for at least an hour.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.