More World of Warcraft Experiences to Come

More World of Warcraft Experiences to Come

With Plunderstorm in full swing, we wanted to share a brief word from Executive Producer Holly Longdale on where things are and give a small hint at what is coming next for World of Warcraft.

View Full Article

6 Likes

the next experiment

:roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Honestly I dread further experiments, based on Plunderstorm :grimacing:

26 Likes

Just look at the positive, its PVE not pvp. so its already a mass improvement right ?

10 Likes

Probably! Time will tell.

1 Like

I can’t wait!! I hope it’s something really grindy and fill the bar’esque

No real information in this “news” article. I feel a little strung along by this teaser-based form of communication and would much prefer more transparency, actual details and dates.

Plunderstorm was promoted in this way also (the “secret patch”), and I feel that contributed substantially to the negative reception.

14 Likes

I may hate plunderstorm, but I’m very happy they are experimenting with new stuff! Now just get rid of the FOMO.

11 Likes

I dont think it wasnt well received due to the secrecy. Off course they should never have said anything at all and simply released it, the anticipation etc and then releasing what should always have been a standalone thing was what did it. We believed to get content and got… well… this.

It further didnt help their cause people were forced into a game mode they dont want to play to get rewards int eh game mode they do want to play, and then pvp.

5 Likes

Please don’t try pvp EVER again. Playing plunderstorm caused me trauma and caused permanent mental and physical damage. I still shake all over at the thought of seeing enemy players!

7 Likes

If this is about the raid rotations and new gear upgrades with again a new currency in 10.2.6, I personally am not that interested.

O would have not a new patch to be fair. Give us Warbands instead.

I’m just glad you guys started taking risks again. I stopped playing at the end of SL and I’m hoping to see more innovations that’ll attract people who gave up on wow after years of recycled content. Best of luck

8 Likes

I’m currently leveling my alt (on retail, WM OFF) and today, when I saw a Horde player, my immediate thought was “Oh crap, run into the storm! Quickly!” :dracthyr_lulmao: Felt nice to realize I was playing retail. But I also felt kinda stupid.

5 Likes

You know what
… aside from the article being literally nothing …

it’s good that they’re experimenting.
The format is a bit stale, carried by the visuals and music.
People often complain about it.

There are certain experiments I’d love to see, but anyway.
Just having a positive moment, that’s all, move on. :smiley:

7 Likes

Plunderstorm is amazing, you outdid yourselves! Keep the experiments coming!

3 Likes

Nice! I am ready! :rofl:

Happy Easter :hatching_chick:

2 Likes

Dont think they will, just look at how many are forcing themselves to do Plunderstorm to get the collectibles. They know it works to get ppl into playing stuff they normally wouldnt which makes it looks nice on the paper.

3 Likes

as long as you give people pve options next time and not “you will pvp in plunderstorm” or get lost

This isn’t the end of the things we want to try in World of Warcraft , however, and we have more in store we can’t wait to show you.

Then Blizzard and the community team who will see these posts…

TELL YOUR MARKETING TEAM TO NOT BRAND THEM AS RETAIL PATCHES!

The moment you brand it as not a retail/classic relate content update, then people will not be as frustrated, as they have been with Plunderstorm. Also stop with the FOMO mechanics in relation to the rewards and the timeframe behind them.

Just looking over the content, I can see that twice the plunder amount has been increased and this took far too long to be applied (especially when your own developer stated and I quote “casual players will earn a rank every 4 to 5 games”), especially with the amount of:

we’ve loved seeing all of the stories and feedback

which you selectively ignored.

So again:

• Do not market it as a retail patch
  • Do not add FOMO mechanics
  • Stop podcast cringe videos
  • World of Warcraft players are NOT the smartest players
  • Tell that developer to not dye his hair green, it looks horrible. No one can take him seriously.
8 Likes

Never ever WoWtnite again, please…

2 Likes