More World of Warcraft Experiences to Come

Tower defense/level hero?

Edit: never mind, we had that with warfronts.

At least this one will be pve based. Im going to be open minded until i see it.

2 Likes

" more in store "

she aint wrong, more Store mounts incoming

2 Likes

And absolutely nothing about how poorly it was received. “Nope this experiment was totally successful and exciting and wonderful!” sweeps 75% of comments under the carpet yes it’s an arbitrary number don’t @ me

7 Likes

It wasn’t the chief reason, but at least for me, I think with the way they built up expectations over the course of months, many of us came to expect an actual WoW content patch. Not just any content patch, but something never-seen-before, something daring and big, something a lot of players had been asking and wishing for.

What we got instead was a very basic Battle Royale game outside of the actual game we play and whose major appeal were the numerous Retail rewards aimed at collectors, most of whom aren’t into PvP at all. I’d not have enjoyed Plunderstorm even if they had promoted it as an upcoming, time-limited PvP event, but the way they marketed it amplified my disappointment.

One could argue that everyone is responsible for their own expectations, but I feel that if marketing is deliberately ambiguous, if not downright misleading, the responsibility lies with people or companies running the campaign.

5 Likes

This was my point. The secrecy was not the issue. The issue was what they insinuated we were going to get (Content patch for WoW) and actually delivered what should have been a stand alone game, totally unconnected to wow in terms of rewards and calling it a content patch.

That was what did them in.

10 Likes

If the hint is that they have something up their sleeve, then i think since magicians have tricks up their sleeves that we will get mages next patch.

lol Fire Mage buff’s eh ?

1 Like

very likely tied to the Vampire Survivors stuff that was datamined awhile back.

1 Like

I cannot believe that is anything but an April Fool’s or just wrong. I will eat my hat. I will question wtf they are smoking.

Just keep whatever it is in the game. And test it.

Please, please - PLEASE! — Do NOT make it RNG, do NOT make it FOMO, and do NOT make it stressy!! :dracthyr_cry_animated:
Just something fun and relaxing, please…

7 Likes

Imagine if they are going to do a sort of “Story Missions” while the Overwatch Team was unable to do so

Doesn’t Plunderstorm, when you think about it, really sound like one of those april jokes they do each year? It’s usually some ludicrous mode or class no? Only this time they made the joke materialize. So anything seems likely now imo.

1 Like

Yep.
They really should trial these things via April Fools to see how people would react. Remember when they tauted Dark Rangers and everyone went “BUT I ACTUALLY WANT THIS T_T”

1 Like

truth be told i would want them to focus their whole energies on next expansion instead of distracting themselves with limited time experiments .

5 Likes

I think many of us feel this way, but I feel this is also the root of the unsatisfactory situation where we get little to no new content in the 8+ months leading up to a new expansion.

Blizzard isn’t an indie studio. There are 700+ people on the WoW team and they have enough money to hire more. It is a live service game where we pay a monthly fee and another 50-90 euros every two years for expansions. Plus all the money people spend on the cosmetics store, services, and the WoW token.

Is it an unrealistic expectation to want new and interesting content throughout the entire life span of an expansion and not only in the first two thirds? This can be planned ahead of time and worked on, just like all the other content for each expansion. I feel we just settled for these content droughts and accept them as inevitable even though they are not.

3 Likes

Pandaren also started as an April Fools joke.

How about you stop hinting & give us the answers straight off the bat this time?
The plunderstorms reveal didn’t go well & that blunder kinda cost you all of your surprise points.

4 Likes

Sincerely, I am interested and excited by WoW experiments. I want to see more :dracthyr_tea:

But any chance you could not do them in the run up to a Fated season? Because it really does feel like the 4th raid tier died on the cross of experiments and that is a bitter pill to send clunking and grinding its way down when we’ve just had it shown that WoW subs are remarkably high. You’re earning close to 100 million bucks per month. You can afford both a 4th raid tier and an experimental team :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

Also, 60 WoW creators and you didn’t include T&E, this makes me sad.

Again, no wish to crush experimentation, but please don’t let experimentation crush the dream of 4x real seasons per expansion. Fated was lame in SL but better than more 9.2. Planned, scheduled Fated in 10.2 is… an insult.

1 Like