Mountcollectors assumed billionaires

Since Legion its been an increasing habbit to make mounts really expensive.
There seems to be this notion that all mountcollectors are billionaires…
Ofc they should cost something but when you add all goldmounts of BFA and Legion together you get a number that any normal playing person can never get close too.

I just wonder why this is so and would love a word of explanation as to why this is seen as a good idea. Why mountcollectors should pay up in such massive numbers. Nothing else in the game stacks up too such high numbers, not even close.

Would appreciate a reply and/or healthy discusion to maybe put some limit on it so that people can still collect without having to be masters of the AH or flip out the wallet and spam tokens.

13 Likes

probably because no one’s meant to get every single mount in the game.

hence 1% drops and high costs.

4 Likes

But you can easily grind and maintain 1mil per character with minimal AH usage.

I dunno why people find the ‘HOW TO MAKE GOLD’ so hard.

Ive seen what was going on @ TBC and ive heard the stories that guildmates were taking loans from guild bank to upgrade flying etc.

Well for people wanting to collect EVERY mount, they need to have a lot of money to spend both ingame and out of game.

If you’re setting the goal of collecting them all without the use of both of those then you should probably stop aiming for it and just collect what you can. 100% completion isn’t for everyone, infact it’s for pretty much nobody at this point.

2 Likes

Haven’t bought one token for real cash, dabble in the ah, and currently standing at 6m gold. It’s not hard to make gold at all, and as mentioned above, it’s a breeze compared to earlier. Basically if you want a mount bad enough, then do what is necessary

The high cost is mostly a gold sink, to remove gold from the circulation and to somewhat make less inflation.

6 Likes

can you plz put the guide for making gold then ? So that we can also start making gold :1st_place_medal:.

2 Likes

People who aim to collect everything of something in the real world have to pay high prices for items sometimes too. That’s part of collecting.

3 Likes

Yes it’s simple…play the game!

• Use both gathering professions (herbalism - mining) which literaly require no cost to level them up plus the materials are always in need @ AH

• Run old content raids

• Run wquests and aim to get the emissary box

• Run daily bgs to get the box from win and sell again w/e mats you get

• Play the game

• Dont be a loser , buy a defuser .
    (That is a CSGO reference but still , dont be a loser anyway)

2 Likes

thank you :hugs:

You are welcome doll

1 Like

I wonder how much all those people who reply “making gold is easy just play” actually play each day.

Im super casual the last 2 expansions .
Around 5 hours i guess with every single alt in total

Are you playing 24/7? If not, I’d like to have whatever you’re taking.

With minimal AH usage?

I don’t use the AH, but with my playtime I’m barely able to keep my gold stable. Earlier in the expansion I was dropping gold like dirty clothes, until they fixed a few gold resources.

2 Likes

Out of those things, I do all of that except the AH. You said minimal AH usage. I wouldn’t call that minimal. That makes a huge difference.

Actually I don’t run daily bg’s. But there you have your AH again.

1 Like

To push token sales?

5 Likes

That’s not supercasual.

Goldmaking shouldn’t be balanced around people with that much playtime, otherwise everyone who plays as real causal, 2-3hrs and not every day, is screwed.

It actually is super easy right now though.

You get numerous WQ’s that give you gold, emissary caches, follower quests not to even mention the constant stream of items given to you.

Making gold now is probably the easiest its been. In Vanilla making gold was way more of a grind.

Maybe you missunderstood me.
By calling AH usage i mean sell the mats you collect daily from professions and from the disenchant machine.

Im not that guy who will buy an item 1k gold to sell it later for 1.1k

Since im not PvER , im not even doing M+ or dungeons to get any BoE gear at all as well.

Having 1 mil per alt tho is fine so far
Dunno if you need screenshots for proofs.

And no , im not playin 24/7 since WoW is not my main game atm