Multiboxers breaking the game

Just encountered him twice again tonight. Had a 5 sec delay on spells with the lag he was causing. We all had to leave the battleground because it was literally unplayable and unwinnable. Waited 40 mins for EACH of these battlegrounds and then had to endure a 15 min deserter penalty. What a total waste of a night.

I don’t understand how no action has been taken against this game-breaking behavior, since it has been going on for quite some time now.

4 Likes

heard from a couple of people now with the same issue, this boxxer is obviously being disruptive. surely something can be done about it.

2 Likes

My friend has come across them several times, she just leaves the BGs now even if she gets a penalty for it.

4 Likes

people still do ashran ?

The way i see it, the boxxing thing is unsupported by blizz, people boxxing in BG’s are abusing it to an extent.

It makes the game quite literally unplayable. As I stated above we where getting huge latency issues and had to leave. This is also cheating, it is not fair in any way to get death gripped by 12 immortal DKs and instantly melted, while they are being pocket healed by another 12 shamans, all controlled by one player with too much money and time on their hands.

1 Like

Ashran is one of the epic battleground maps what people still actively do, yes.

Its not his problem that your pc/internet cant handle it… you got 5 secs delay/lag? Do you think he also had that same delay/lag…?.. ofc not, most likly none + had butter smooth fps.

Stop calling it cheating.
Its not, according to the devs.
Not in 2007.
Still not in 2020.

Latency has nothing to do with computer hardware. If you hover over your latency in-game, you can see there are two, WORLD and HOME. The one that gets affected is WORLD. You clearly have no idea how any of this works.

Just because the devs say it’s not cheating doesn’t mean it’s not cheating. The player has an unfair advantage against other players, and that is cheating.

3 Likes

I mean, the guy goes in BG’s with like 24 toons though, that would be hella disruptive though.

1 Like

Maybe, but according to Blizzard it’s ok.

Well then maybe Blizzard needs to start playing their own game.

6 Likes

I keep facing this Mechagodzil guy every single Ashran i get into.

He manipulates toys and the soul-trader pet (which can’t be summoned inside bgs) to lag us out, you can’t do anything.

1 Like

Multiboxer in Epic Battleground (See screens) - #3 by Garaidh-magtheridon we played together last game , look post of my friend

Yesterday I saw my first one. A bunch of boomies farming the pigs near Betsy in Drustvar

Yeah, the WoW devs unfortunately don’t really DGAF about cheating.

It’s strange, because some of the other Blizzard teams are very strict about it. The Overwatch and Starcraft developers even forbid playing with 21:9 monitors (which are now fairly common pieces of gaming hardware) because they think it give players an unfair advantage. But 1 guy using 3rd party scripting software to concurrently control 24 WoW accounts at once, thereby being practically invincible in some BGs and disrupting other player’s enjoyment of the game? Yeah, that’s fine for the WoW devs. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

You talk so much and say so little. You are either a liar or don’t play the game if you don’t ever encounter any multiboxers.

Blizzard devs being underpaid has nothing to do with any of this. Do you think the devs just wake up one day and go, “I don’t feel like doing X today at work, so I won’t do it.”?
Every person working gets their instructions from above. The devs only do what is instructed of them to do by their superiors. What the hell does being underpaid have anything to do with Blizzard choosing to allow cheaters to run rampant?

Normaly i actually enjoy watching these multiboxers with 20+ characters.
Once i faced an unholy deathknight who controlled 20-24 characters in a bg, along with their pet. And when they popped army of the dead all hell broke loose.
Facing him every now and then was just a fun twist in the endless loosing bg matches. Actually won a few against him and sometimes he lost controll of them all.

But nowadays all the druid MB has kinda ruined the reputation of it.

whattttttttttttttttt? dude…u trollign or srs?

i love playing ona totaly dead sever more loot for me …