Multiboxers breaking the game

I have been playing Ashran recently and in more than half of my games, I keep encountering this multiboxer under the name of “Mechagodzila” (actual name contains special symbols, which I will not list since it’s against ToS apparently). He has 24 characters under his command and just ruins the fun of everyone involved. How is this allowed? Not to mention what a manchild he is, we managed to wipe him in of the games and he rage quit.

Wasn’t enough to ruin other aspects of the game such as node farming and world PvP, now they are ruining instanced PvP as well. When will something be done about this?

As others who have encountered him have stated, he has 24 characters in the instance that he is controlling with 1 other player playing with him, which leads to believe he is boosting said player.

These are the rules that should be abided to, as pointed out by another fellow player, which I am certain they are being broken, but we cannot know that unless they are investigated by Blizzard.

Whenever this multiboxer is around, MASSIVE LATENCY ISSUES are caused, making the game unplayable. This is classified as DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOUR and should be bannable.

Multiboxers have an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE, and this is considered CHEATING according to the Blizzard Code of Conduct, and should be bannable.

Some counter-arguments to people defending multiboxing:

55 Likes

From what you’ve said you took a stand and defeated him. No more needs to be said.

“you defeated a cheater so its okay for him to cheat”

No.

32 Likes

But it’s just a player MB without use of any external software, what’s the big deal? He paid for his subs etc etc. /irony

Honestly MB is cheating, dunno why it’s even allowed.

20 Likes

Could someone already comes here, ideapy blue post, and explain how it is possible?
Like normal boxers are pain, but fine i can tolerate them. But instanced pvp? Isnt group que capped at like 5(unless rbg), also multiboxing is working thanks to follow and assist and those should be disabled in pvp?
So either blizz changed a lot or this is some kind of cheater ( there were more than this one recently) so some clarification would be good, people should at least knew if its reportable as cheating or if those boxers in BGs are in “right”

2 Likes

Encountered this guy couple times in Ashran, once counted how many accounts he had and total was 24, so apparently he was/is selling BG boosts to customers, where 1 extra player being this said customer, or then hes just farming honor.

Anyways its rather annoying to see behavior like this, it completely ruins the battle experience from opposite side when there is literally nothing you can do than sit and wait him to end that BG someday if ever.

Id love to see blue post about this and Blizzard taking action before this gets out of hands.

5 Likes

I always “Report -> Cheating” (“Multiboxing in BGs”) when I see a multiboxer in my team but Im pretty sure they dont do anything about this. Im afraid they gonna ban me for these spam “multiboxing in BGs” reports.

3 Likes

is it realy cheating if they use party sync in random BGs ? blizzard implomented the feature for some rison. teaming up in a random BGs is muth easyer now days thz to party sync.

I completely agree with you that multiboxing is awful, but you shouldn’t name and shame on the forum. Report them in game, and make a post about it by all means, but you shouldn’t publicly point fingers at a person lest they be attacked in game… or worse.

1 Like

“How is it allowed?”

15 subs a month, that’s how it’s allowed. Even better if he can farm enough gold each month to afford his 15 subs, which makes Blizzard that sweet sweet 20 euros per sub through tokens.

As long as multiboxers keep making Blizzard money they won’t ever care about other peoples in-game experience.

7 Likes
1 Like

Blizzard disabled the follow option because of multiboxers in battlegrounds.
So if they found a way back in they must have a different setup. Potentially with third party software to copy the movement.

2 Likes

I dont think its ok for you to post ppls names and screenshots, I might be wrong ofc.

As to multiboxing, he has paid for 15 accounts (which is stupid in itself) and doesnt use forbidden softwares, he does absolutely nothing illegal.

Do I think its fun to have multiboxers ingame? Hells no, but as long as they are paying and arent using software thats not allowed, theres nothing wrong.

1 Like

is it not agaist forum rules to put names in threads ?

No it is not.

This player needs to be banned. Anyone that has played against them will tell you that he is probably using software against ToS to manage that many accounts.

It’s not fun getting death gripped into 10 immortal DKs who are being healed by 10 shamans.

This is just cheating.

8 Likes

Naming and shaming constitutes harassment

Accusing named or otherwise identified individuals, guilds, etc. of dishonourable behaviour, such as cheating or “ninja looting”, will lead to post/thread deletion and a suspension. While such warnings may sometimes be warranted, allowing targeting of others in such a fashion is open to abuse and thus not allowed. You may present your point of view while preserving the anonymity of those involved, and let the reader decide whether to contact you for details.

1 Like

Sorry but yes it is.
Welcome, Please Read

2 Likes

lols whats the odds we replayed the same time :smiley:

Rather silly there are multiple forum rules but whatever, I edited the original post to make it follow the posted guidelines.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Without Multiboxers the Resource-Prices would be even more ridiculous than they already are.
I love them. They make it possible for me to level two professions instead of having to gather stuff (which I find mindnumbingly boring).

2 Likes