Multiboxing as a standard in wow?

I would like to reply to the title of your post. I understand that you are not in favour of multiboxing and have had some experiences you would rather not have had.

I think instead of campaigning for the banning of multiboxing you should instead start advocating for better control and regulation of it. I don’t like comparing wow game play to real life things, but the easiest way to explain my point is to do so, so, I think that many adults will agree, that there are certain activities that are illegal, but people continue to do those things none the less. And whether those things should be illegal or not is sometimes up for debate and in fact those things are completely legal in some places or at least decriminalised in others.

So how does this relate to multiboxing? Well, I have noticed from reading forum posts that there are those who wish to make multiboxing illegal for various reasons. I can understand why they feel this way. However, I multibox every now and then and recently have been enjoying it hugely. So I cannot support the wishes of those who would have multiboxing banned. But I feel sympathy for their plight and would like to help in some way. So I would like to suggest gathering forces with other’s who share your view and start a full on campaign to bring multiboxing into the spotlight forcing the powers that be to deal with it in some way. You can do this by making videos, streaming and posting on forums, such as this one and many others. Gather together a movement of like minded individuals who share this common cause and start making a difference.

I do not think it is realistic to work towards the eradication of multiboxing, many have tried and failed, so perhaps it’s time to realise that you cannot destroy, and instead try to tame and subdue it.

What bugs me most about multiboxers is how they use their superpowers for bad and not good. Why go kill other players in pvp or hoarde all the herbs when you could make people happy with having line dance shows in Ogrimmar and form floating shows in Stormwind harbour. And when going gathering would be using 7 dwarves for mining, walking from node to node. Hi Ho!

9 Likes

I would love to be able to box an alt but on the same account make transmog runs faster looting wise on alts so all drops just aren’t trashed for gold, pity Blizzard never allowed that but then I wouldn’t be paying for 2+ subs that way :wink:

Mutli boxing been an issue since TBC when it was x5 shamans with windfury… Blizz takes no action as that’s x5 the subs of joe public.

Love him or hate here is what most people are thinking on the subject. Blizz has put socks in their ears about it.

Go to 20:47 watch uptoo 22:33.

2 Likes

He’s entirely right on the subject of matter, but Blizzard isn’t known for long term sustenance anymore it’s an Activision subsediary sockpuppet now.

If there ever was an anti multibox champion to be reckoned with, you could not choose better than asmongold.

This person can bring the message to the masses and bring about real change.

You must organise and come up with a strategy.

Do people ever try to actually report multiboxers that abuse lag?

People are quick to cry on the forums but do they actually bother reporting such blatant exploits?

Target spotted and reported. This particular player’s exploits are the stuff of catastrophic ToS breakage.

It would be cool if they made it so multiboxers are not able to fly and get the fatigue debuff if they annoy zones like so.

@ Chronormi
Yes they do, and i do it as well, atm still going on ticket about it…

i’d guess that most people just don’t bother anymore because they feel nothing is being done about it and Blizzard seldomly advertises what actions they took against them.

1 Like

I have seen Samashnz and he was multiboxing too.

Lol what?! I do not multi box :joy:

I have a crappy laptop and even if I wanted to multi box I wouldnt know where to begin.

Just saw that guy in Mechagon doing “World pvp” with dk debuff and other allies exploiting the situation.

Legal?

Isn’t it same thing if 25 players would do same things. How is that a problem ? Go invite all your friends and go kill stuff too ?

1 Like

Reasons to love multiboxing - it makes the AH cheaper
Reasons to hate multiboxing - it diminishes the input of anyone that puts in more than 1 hour a day in the game, starting from the mentioned AH, going trough Tokens, boosting and ending with taking a big L in open zones.
Reason Activision/Blizz loves multiboxing - a direct injection of money for starting up and keeps token high.

A multiboxer can kill things faster than they would with one character, so if your on your own and you need help killing a rare for example, and you see a multiboxer you can ask them to help you

You were beaten by a multiboxer in pvp and you are upset about it. You think that multiboxers are rich and you feel jealous. You think that multiboxers make lots of gold and you feel jealous. A multiboxer reached a herb node before you did and it disappeared by the time you got to it.

Activision/Blizz doesn’t love, they hate multiboxers because multiboxers are a direct contradiction of the group biased gameplay that they seek to promote.

This is based on many false factors including the fact that I do not run a multi box operation.

Grats, you played yourself.

I don’t know what you mean, could you explain a little about this please.

What is a multibox operation?

Depending on the activity you may want to perform either Freehold farm or mat farm for current content.

You played yourself, because you assumed I am not multi boxing. I am, but that does not make me blind to the issues it causes, nor the fact that it is not something that anyone can do due to hardware.