Multiboxing as a standard in wow?

Thank you. I guess you mean to get lots of gold?

I find mythic freehold quite tricky at the moment but I’m going to beat it before shadowlands comes out hopefully.

Oh, well, I wasn’t really assuming that, I didn’t think about it to be honest. I was more concerned with the idea that there are reasons to love multiboxing, hate multiboxing and what blizzards stance on this would be.

It’s interesting that someone that multiboxes would say these things, not things I would say. I appreciate that you have come forward, as I have had very limited contact with other people that multibox, or at least, contact with people that reveal that they multibox.

So as a person that multiboxes, and who therefore knows what multiboxing is, you think that it is multiboxing that causes the issues that you mentioned and not the people that multibox?

2 Likes

You don’t do mythic or hc for multiboxing, you run normal only as the only limit you have is 10 per hour.

The people themselves are not doing anything wrong, with couple of exceptions like jumping on pvp which may be against the ToS.

Outside of crashing AH and other in game things, the issue is that while I can do it, it is in a minority that is gated by money. You need decent hardware (at least mid tier), you need the start in money for accounts (unless you farm them, which is possible), you need tools to assist you (at least one of them is paid tool). It is one of the few cases in which pay to win with real life money is something blizzard allows.

Okay, why pay to win - outside of gathering enough gold which you can pull in your Bnet balance as well, you can simply pay for boosting. If I feel so inclined I will never need to give a damn about m+, gladiators or edge progression, as I can just toss gold at it. Multiboxing is really really close to being an e currency digger.

You can do, mythic and hc for multiboxing, if you want to do mythic just walk up to the instance and set the difficulty of the party leader to mythic and then walk in. Same for heroic, except you can queue for heroic without going to the instance. The reason I started multiboxing was to do dungeons.

Why do you multibox? Is it to get gold? I mutlibox for very different reasons. I admit its easier to get gold more gold, I mean, I get 5 times the gold I would get with 1 character, but I have to divide that between them. Do you feel that multiboxing has allowed you to get substantially more gold than you would have been able to get with one character?

Do you feel like you have paid to win when you are multiboxing? I’m not saying that how you feel determines whether you have paid to win or not, just wondering about your subjective view.

What tools do you use for multiboxing? What hardware are you using to multibox? How many characters do you use when you multibox?

I really don’t think it is worth it to do mythic dungeons for multiboxing, and I am not sure how well mythic + works. I know I will not even try m+ MB as it may be against the TOS.

Gold, crafting mats. There are a lot of non boosting things that cost a huge penny which you simply can’t attain in feasible time without MB.

Yeah, I do.

Isboxer and Hotkey (or none when I am leveling chars as you can do that without any tools), i7-7700, RX580, 16GB ram, 1TB hdd (the HDD is the biggest drawback). Currently not higher than 5 as I want to play WoW, not work in WoW <.<

Mythic+ against TOS?! What gave you that idea? I hope it isn’t, I have multiboxed mythic +.

Is there someone out there that can tell me if there is any truth in the idea that multiboxing mythic + is against the TOS?

Hotkey? you mean HotKeyNet? Do you use isboxer and hotkey at the same time? if so why?

I used to use HotKeyNet when I started. Recently I started using isboxer, it’s much better.

I think it may be, I am not sure, ask support.

No, they are turned on, but i swap between depending on what I want. I am lazy mofo, if I don’t need camera movement I don’t use it.

Camera movement? isboxer and hotkeynet dont move the camera. What are you refering to?

You mean create a entry in the support forum? Or actually post a ticket from my blizzard account?

I’m reluctant to do that, they might think I’m trolling.

What made you think it was against the tos?

I apologize, it is mouse broadcasting. I am not that into MB yet, nor do I usually converse with other MB people.

Post support ticket, people take you seriously as long as you are not silly like “where is the best erp spot in AD”. I would assume it is against the ToS for the same reason why you don’t see MB in raids and Casual/Rated PvP - you are actually clearing laddered content.

I will consider asking support about this, but I think it would be wise to check the tos first, a simple search for “multibox”, “mutli”, “box” and “mythic” should suffice to reveal anything obvious and then maybe scanning it. I think I have read it once, a long time ago

With regards to raids and casual rated pvp, you do actually see people multiboxing in those.

I recommend you join the dual boxing and isboxer discords if you want to find others, there are people there that you can talk to, I don’t interact on there at all myself, I’ve seen that they are quite helpful to people though, I just prefer to figure things out for myself.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.