Multiboxing being abused to farm herbs

Dont even need to say more. For the average solo player, it is really godawful annoying to see 10 druids trailing each other snapping up every single herb there is.

I understood and tolerated it when blizzard said Multiboxing is legit for battlegrounds, though i never agreed with it.

Now its interfering with my ability to experience a fair chance at farming my own herbs for flasks etc. Is there any discussion at all about dealing with this crappy problem?
4 Likes
Herbs nodes are controlled with hardcore farmers.
Casual people dont have even chance to get anchor weed for their own flasks.

I am getting 1-2 anchor weed nod max each 2 day while doing dailys in bfa.
1 Like
Ban the Digital Weed Barons!

Go on Blizzard, do it!
You know you can so just do it!
Else explain why you won't.
--
2 Likes
Change anchor weed to make it spawn in a specific zone like starlight rose did.
I don't see anything bad about it, he pays for 10 accounts ? Props to him, go farm herbs, blizz approve.
Bots are worse, at least multiboxers have to play themselves. But bots are there collecting 24/7 and rarely even get banned.
1 Like
So herbs aren't like mining nodes ? and everyone cant farm the same node?
'abused'
I mean if they bought the game so many times. And are manually controlling those characters at the same time to get herbs, good for them and for blizz.

If you are putting that much effort then you deserve the rewards from it.
I mean I have herbalism on most of my toons for when the anchor weed wq goes up. But that more because I make mystical cauldrons for raids.
Their are more exploitative methods like botting that go unnoticed
While it is lucrative for multi-boxers to farm herbs (or any other crafting material), they will... and many of these multi-boxers (not saying all) do have a person pushing the buttons to do the farming.

Once Anchor Weed requirements get nerfed (8.1), the market will bottom out & less multi-boxing will be experienced.
27/10/2018 10:13Posted by Lockstár
Up to a point, they can (since Legion, I think)... the first time a node is accessed, it starts an expiry timer, unless a set no. of players access it in the meantime.
This is concerning. Who is abusing the poor multiboxer?
Do they at least let him have some of the herbs?
27/10/2018 07:47Posted by Overknight
Now its interfering with my ability to experience a fair chance at farming my own herbs for flasks etc. Is there any discussion at all about dealing with this crappy problem?

How exactly? How would the result change if it was only one person picking up the herb? It would still be picked up.
Multiboxing is just multiplying ingame gold profit.
And no, I never used it.
Imagine being offended by people collecting virtual herbs...
Yeah doesnt effect anything bar server economy but they were broken ages ago due to gold sellers and bots.... so yeah multiboxing herbing effects nothing if youre close to him while herbing you can herb it too...
It is not that different than raids being made for farming them or a lot of people changing prof. to herbalism for the money.

The problem is the requirements of recipes and availability of anchorweed that Blizzard decided on. It's a bit worrying how many times you see they don't learn from the past.
27/10/2018 10:13Posted by Lockstár

Yes they can, this is a non-issue. It doesn't matter if 1 player farms a weed or 10 the timer for despawn is the same and is triggered the same.
27/10/2018 14:42Posted by Hthonia
i dont know how long is the time window, i guess it's like 20-30 seconds....

Blizzard recently said it's ut for 1 minute after the first person looted it.

There are raid groups in LFG to farm Anchor Weed, so I don't think it matters how many loots it. People announce to eachother where they find an Achor Weed, then place a large mount on it so that nobody can loot it, then they wait for the rest of the group/raid to arrive, remove the huge mount then they all loot the herb.
it doesn't matter what they are doing; a multiboxer's presence is always obnoxious and overbearing - ruining the gameplay for those around them

last one i saw was 10~ Moonkins blanketing a specific quest area in Starfalls tagging all the mobs making the entire area unusable for anyone else

probably farming cloth
1 Like
27/10/2018 08:19Posted by Demanu
Change anchor weed to make it spawn in a specific zone like starlight rose did.

Or just make it spawn more often, or let it have a chance to drop from herbs looted as well, like Fel Lotus did in TBC. I like being able to farm Anchor Weed while farming other necessary herbs.

It's pretty obvious that it's rather unbalanced when the only herb I ever farm for is Anchor Weed, yet the amount of other herbs I have stored is massively outnumbering Anchor Weed. I have several hundred of the other herbs left whenever I run out of Anchor Weed, and the amount of the other herbs keep rising as I never have enough Anchor Weed to spend the other herbs.
each box runs on it's own separate sub, this pleases blizz