Multiboxing being abused to farm herbs

is he clicking on every account seperately? then its not fair and report (make video, upload, send to hacks@blizzard.com with details and link to video)
It's another case where it's ok to cheat as long as you pay Blizzard.
1 Like
Feels like they created herbs/mines like that, so the multiboxers could do more multiboxing.
Wow slipping out of my interest.
"Multiboxing is abusing..." and birds are flying. People would not pay a sub for 3+ accounts if that would not give them a edge in game. Herbs, Ores, PvP or whatever else... Multiboxing was created to "abuse".
How much money can Blizzard really be making from people multiboxing tho?
It can't be that many people that do it that it would ruin Blizzards earnings?

I don't understand at all how this is okey or fair in Blizzards eyes, where is the line drawn?
They don't even have to pay for their many subs with their own money.
They are in a infinite loophole benefitting from multiboxing and can play for free only because of multiboxing.

I'm not saying this because i'm angry at someone who has runined my game time, i have personally never even seen one.
But i still think it's totally insane to let people do this in a multiplayer game.
1 Like
a more interesting point about this would be if the 10 characters are looting the herb at precisely the same time, which would be classed as botting.

It would have been easy to ban multiboxers for doing this, as mining the same herb 10 times at precisely the same time would be a hack and, lets face it, very easy to track for actiblizzard. Now that they have enabled people to gather the same node at the same time, scumbags will use multiboxering to do this and its perfectly fine by actiblizz.
Its almost like blizzard are trying to encourage people to multibox and drive AH prices mad. Naaaaahhhh surely not.
Oh for the days of your own barracks, where you could farm your own profession requirements and specify buildings based on your needs. Life was so much better then.
1 Like
27/10/2018 07:47Posted by Overknight
Dont even need to say more. For the average solo player, it is really godawful annoying to see 10 druids trailing each other snapping up every single herb there is.

I understood and tolerated it when blizzard said Multiboxing is legit for battlegrounds, though i never agreed with it.

Now its interfering with my ability to experience a fair chance at farming my own herbs for flasks etc. Is there any discussion at all about dealing with this crappy problem?

1 person paying for 10 Accounts > 1 person paying for 1 Account
Obv. blizz is not gonna upset the Multi-Boxers.
27/10/2018 07:57Posted by Keyur
Herbs nodes are controlled with hardcore farmers.
Casual people dont have even chance to get anchor weed for their own flasks.
Explain hardcore farmer
All you need is a good route, some stuff that will keep you on your mount and 30 minutes.
I've seen a max of 50 anchor weeds/min of 20 anchor weeds in that timespan
08/11/2018 11:14Posted by Yourstepdad
Dont even need to say more. For the average solo player, it is really godawful annoying to see 10 druids trailing each other snapping up every single herb there is.

I understood and tolerated it when blizzard said Multiboxing is legit for battlegrounds, though i never agreed with it.

Now its interfering with my ability to experience a fair chance at farming my own herbs for flasks etc. Is there any discussion at all about dealing with this crappy problem?

1 person paying for 10 Accounts > 1 person paying for 1 Account
Obv. blizz is not gonna upset the Multi-Boxers.

They pay full sub also?
As a gatherer I feel cheated.
I farm less as I can’t afford 10 accounts running. 10 times more time I have to spend for farming then 10x multiboxer. And prices are low cos of this.
When I box I only do it with x3 I don't want to be a pain to others by making mobs turn grey. I do it for fun, mats for personal use and to have a higher chance at mounts from old content.
Yeah they should fix this abuse of shared nodes and multiple people able to collect them, by removing shared nodes and having nodes be unique.
You might regret complaining about this, because the only solution I see them give would be: removing the ability for multiple people to loot the herbs.

That being said I don't see it as a big issue or THE issue. The issue is Anchorweed availability and cost. Even without Multi-boxxers you'd still have raids that do the same.
08/11/2018 17:42Posted by Shopkeeper
You might regret complaining about this, because the only solution I see them give would be: removing the ability for multiple people to loot the herbs.

That being said I don't see it as a big issue or THE issue. The issue is Anchorweed availability and cost. Even without Multi-boxxers you'd still have raids that do the same.

You dont understand, raids do NOT do the same because each individual person has to click seperately. The guy i saw had seven druids in a line, when he clicks ONE button all seven pick at the node. One button, seven toons. that is the damn difference. I
Multiboxers = botters thay pay Blizzard extra for a botting license.
And the hell with all the other players that suffer.

As one person can't operate 10 accounts, it's clear that he operates one, while the other are following by automatic cloning program = botting.
2 Likes
they pay for 10 accounts? then their not abusing no one is stopping you from buying the game 10 times and paying for 10 accounts
12/11/2018 10:57Posted by Amnastaria
Multiboxers = botters thay pay Blizzard extra for a botting license.
And the hell with all the other players that suffer.

As one person can't operate 10 accounts, it's clear that he operates one, while the other are following by automatic cloning program = botting.

Good ol' logic, right? Except you better educate yourself on how multiboxers work. Blizzard has allowed the replacement of this: https://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/eve_multiboxing_1.jpg with a program that sends your inputs to all open clients. Multiboxing does not include scripting.

Thank god for Multiboxers! Without them, the already ridiculous prices would be even higher.

Farmers, I salute you!
12/11/2018 13:56Posted by Miraine
Good ol' logic, right? Except you better educate yourself on how multiboxers work. Blizzard has allowed the replacement of this: https://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/eve_multiboxing_1.jpg with a program that sends your inputs to all open clients. Multiboxing does not include scripting.

Seems I hurt the delicate feelings of some multiboxer?

Blizzard can twist things and dance on the roof with a rooster, but the logic stands still. One man cannot control 10 accounts without an automating program that clones his movement to all the others. Aka - 1 accounts is not botting, all the others are.
Call it sending inputs, milkpots, hippo-flipper puts, its still botting + some lame excuse to hide the simple truth. Blizzard gives those botters a free pass because they are paying them extra. That's all.
2 Likes
You didn't hurt my feelings. You did however make an idiot of yourself. What else do you believe in? A flat earth? Do vaccines cause autism? How's about that global warming, I'm sure you think it's ridiculous just like evolution.
12/11/2018 14:12Posted by Miraine
You didn't hurt my feelings. You did however make an idiot of yourself. What else do you believe in? A flat earth? Do vaccines cause autism? How's about that global warming, I'm sure you think it's ridiculous just like evolution.

Well, I do believe in reporting bullies that turn to personal attacks and strawmen while got nothing in-topic to say. Have a nice day :-)
1 Like