Mutually positive endings

The Alliance wins, but becomes more evil as it does so. The next expansion’s side story is the heroic Horde rebels resisting Alliance tyranny.

Blizzard is far too alliance biased to let that happen.

Because, reasons. Because Anduin was always tyrannical and was just hiding this super secret side of him, I suppose.

1 Like

I mean, he does look a lot like Arthas.

Anduin is a moral busybody. And that does kind of lend itself to culturally imperialistic impulses. I could totally see Anduin outlawing things like duels, sacrifices, cannibalism, and the mushrooms that are used to… erm, “commune with the spirits”, and so on. Maybe some creeping censorship of hate speech (shamanism is a religion of peace!). I could see his war on violence escalate violently, while the peoples of the Horde really aren’t taking him lording over them too well, with him insisting that he is only making common sense reforms. I could also see the officers tasked with putting through his reforms going well overboard in punishing violators and profiling potential violators, since there may be some real anti-Horde racists among them (can’t imagine why that would be…:thinking: ).
And I could imagine a kind of cool rebellion plot against this kind of colonial repression, where the Horde is rising up to protect their savage culture.

…not sure if that would send the message Blizzard would like to send, though. :wink:

2 Likes

Anduin will just soothe everyone’s rage with his angelic voice.

I kinda wish they had taken Anduins rulership the way they handled Valerian Mengsk in Starcraft.

Both characters look similar, and started of as rulers on a similar mindset. But Valerian is just years ahead of Anduin regarding character depth and realism.

I don’t know how to create an ending that satisfies everyone, since everybody wants different things. I am however highly confident in my assumption that Blizzard is already working as hard as they can, to bring us our well deserved ending that satisfies absolutely nobody.

10 Likes

Well to begin with I would like Sylvannas to have some serious, important, kind of secret plan like preparing for some hidden enemy , as reason of basically causing so many Alliance to cry haha.

She is clever and capable and would be a great “test” for Anduin who is an underaged naive boy. We have Arthas vibes and indirect references like in Lordaeron cinematic, so in a sense you could see why a “Young, naive, Prince” ( like Arthas was) vexxes her.

But she had the chance to kill him Arathi and she didnt.

So I am pretty sure she’ll be like giving him the keys to drive when “her plan” is finished.

After all it was prophsesized in the comic that Anduin will lead the united army against the Void. So I like to think Sylvannas is helping him grow some @@.

Cause he is nowhere near capable to lead anyone now seriously… They would all be dead if it werent for Jaina And Alleria etc

2 Likes

I can’t wait for Zarao to come in and call you petty, as he did with me when I said something similar to this.

So, Sylvanas’ ultimate secret plan is to be like a parent for Anduin?

1 Like

Let’s hope so! Considering how both his parents died, one of which got blown up.

Not her plan, I assume she has some other plan.

Thats more like an added bonus along the way I believe.

In Before the Storm she had the chance to kill Anduin and she didnt, allegedly for political reasons but I’d like to think more.

Also in the same book, when it describes her thoughts it is mentioned she did not Wish for Varians death. She had some sort of respect for him even.

So yeah, I am sure she’s about to Trash Stormwind or something “for a good reason”.

Unless there is a reason then the entire plot of her suddenly going yolo lets kill Alliance wouldnt make much sense other than “create more Forsaken” I guess… but thats shallow plotline…

Last time a Anduin got killed the Horde got destroyed. And that was with the Horde being united while the human kingdoms just started to unite.

This time the Alliance was at United like never before , while the horde still had to get used to a new leader.

And the last thing you want is to give the enemy a reason for a defensive war. In which they don’t feel like they conquer , but as if they have to fight for their land and values.

Bismarck for example wanted war with France , but had to make France declare war to make it a defensive war.

The defensive war is seen as a the only fair war for a reason.

Sylvanas killing Anduin would give the alliance the right to genocide the horde for good.

2 Likes

Yea she has a plan. To survive by creating more forsake to act as meatshields for her. That’s it mate. That’s why she wants stormwind. She doesn’t give a rat’s backside about the rest of the horde, and never has. Sorry to burst your bubble.

As to what she deserves, she deserves yet another bullet to the head. And another, and another. Until her fancy flying plotarmor are all gone and done, and she can finally join Arthas in hell where she belongs.

1 Like

I think that, like many others have already said, it’s impossible to make an ending that everyone would be happy with - in a way that’s just part of the nature of stories.

That said, it is totally possible to give an ending that satisfies the main ‘groups’ of fans while also remaining true to the characters and being generally well-written.

Hell, I can probably do it for free from the top of my head without any fancy college qualifications.

So what has to get resolved here is:

• Sylvanas or the Horde in general has to face some consequences for their part in the war in order to satisfy many Alliance players
  • Sylvanas has to remain a key leader for some faction and play a major role for some part of the future story in order to satisfy Sylvanas fans
  • The Horde has to gain a leader that will last more than 2 expansions and will return the faction in a more ‘honourable’ direction in order to satisfy the honour crew fans.

Any ending that satisfies those three conditions will probably be satisfactory for most players. Obviously there will be outliers, like those who absolutely insist that the Alliance/Horde has to be destroyed (which can’t be done for obvious reasons), but it literally is impossible to please everybody.

One basic route for how this can be done? Well if Shadowlands really is the next expansion, having Sylvanas take her loyal forces to the Shadowlands in order to become it’s ruler would perfectly fit her as a character, as well as leaving her in a position of power. If this is akin to being banished from the mortal world (with our own characters perhaps being some kind of exception were we ourselves to visit the Shadowlands, where we access the Shadowlands through another means that allows us to return) this will also count as a consequence that has befallen Sylvanas, as Alliance characters would be more than happy to see her removed from the earthly coil.

Meanwhile, have Saurfang installed as the new Warchief. That’s probably the most controversial part, but the only other option is for a Warchief to come out of left field (Baine being the other candidate, but too many people dislike Baine for his attitude towards the Alliance), and most of the people who hate Saurfang are Sylvanas fans who’s favourite character isn’t even a part of the Horde anymore. Though Horde players would maybe be happier with a character like Theron being Warchief, I don’t think there’s enough room for a storyline that involves him enough to make it feel anything other than sudden.

Maybe if you really want to help out Night elf fans, give Tyrande and/or Malfurion a chance to somehow interrupt Sylvanas’ plans (perhaps injuring her in some way before she reaches the Shadowlands, therefore making her efforts there more difficult?) and you’ll satisfy another part of the fanbase.

Now just sprinkle in some good writing to stitch all of those events together and the expansion would have a somewhat amicable end.

5 Likes

This.

Pick it up again from WC3, try again. Do it better this time.

Ignore the trainwreck they made of the lore and consider it “a failed experiment”.

2 Likes

Azeroth finally dies from its wound.
The planet explodes.
Everybody dies.
The End.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.