MW Monk - In ARENA

By all means this is not a criticism to Blizzard.

I’ve played monk the past 3 maybe 4 years, and i’ve only sticked to MW. I can tell from my own knowledge that WW’s seem to be running okay fine. I don’t play it, so i do not know anything about it.

I’m very dissapointed in the former past class updates and so well on the most recent one. I respect and i also accept that from a long of time ago people were arguring about nerfing crane. First of all, Crane would get one out of most stuns, not all but most of them. Within time they stopped that. Crane were no longer able to get one out of some stuns. As example - Rogues kidney.

Within time, they nerfed the damage crane did, and they also nerfed the healing people received from it.

Within time, they did so that Crane costed more mana.

Within time they added 50% nerf to almost all healers, i’m not sure what class it was that got 45% nerf or was it 55%, whatsoever - MW got 50% nerf.

Keeping mana up as MW were already such a huge struggle for many. Ofcourse it depends on your comp. Some comps are comps that goes for a kill fast, which also may result in a pretty fast ooming. However - one way or another MW’s lose a lot of mana compared to RDruids or Resto Shamans or Hpalas.

With all due respect, disc as MW are the ones who struggles with mana, that’s for sure. Disc has one way or another always struggled with surviving in my eyes, but that’s what it is - i don’t play disc, so i don’t know and i do not wish to give a state regarding the class. I only give my opinion on it.

Some people may also think, who the actual hell wants to spend time writing such a long post regarding how much his class got nerfed. I write this, as it has made me leave the game, atleast for the next patch 8.2. MW is not unplayable, that’s some dumb noob arguement to be using. However - looking compared to RDruids or Hpalas or RShamans, we’re pretty hardcore dead if we go into dampning.

Check the ladders aswell. I have not checked them, but i bet there are like 60% Hpalas/RDruids 25% RShamans and like 15% Disc/MW.

I cannot keep up my mana anymore and i can’t climb the ladder without being able to have a little mana.

Let me honest. MW is crap in this season.

I seriously want to hear out other peoples knowledge regarding this. MW’s might have been very powerful once - but within time and until now they’ve just been slammed down to the ground. It’s crap now.

Please let me know if i’m lying. Atleast if you won’t buff Crane that’s fine. Atleast make us stay a little alive by setting down the mana cost of spells or something.

It’s just insane how Hpalas aren’t worried about their mana, but MW’s are.

3 Likes

If you struggle with mana as MW then you can’t play it. MW is the most mana efficient healer I play. Even H Pala goes oom quicker if you play MW properly. Watch some Loony games and learn. Check this guy’s talents etc. His MW nickname is Craneisskill. MW monk is probably the strongest healer in meta.

If MW struggles with anything it is surviving stuns.

Healers representation in 2s on EU:

HEALERS PLAYERS SEEN
#1 Restoration Druid 1434 / 46.56%
#2 Holy Paladin 763 / 24.77%
#3 Mistweaver Monk 356 / 11.56%
#4 Discipline Priest 229 / 7.44%
#5 Restoration Shaman 212 / 6.88%
#6 Holy Priest 86 / 2.79%

Healers representation in 3s on EU:

HEALERS PLAYERS SEEN
|#1||Restoration Druid|892 / 32.37%|
|#2||Holy Paladin|790 / 28.66%|
|#3||Mistweaver Monk|426 / 15.46%|
|#4||Restoration Shaman|381 / 13.82%|
|#5||Discipline Priest|260 / 9.43%|
|#6||Holy Priest|7 / 0.25%|

Top MW players in 2v2 and their standings (EU):

RANK DETAILS NAME REALM SEASON STATS RATING
#21 Donitrivegas Ravencrest 145 / 81 (64%) 2735
#21 Panzerhenk Sylvanas 325 / 181 (64%) 2735
#24 Fisterino Zul’jin 175 / 81 (68%) 2731
#239 Греенх Borean Tundra 100 / 37 (73%) 2527
#260 Venyaa Kult der Verdammten 301 / 249 (55%) 2518
#268 Saalon Blackmoore 88 / 50 (64%) 2514
#291 Horu Kazzak 764 / 572 (57%) 2505
#309 Petrodollår Outland 176 / 109 (62%) 2501
#350 Mønkey Darksorrow 101 / 47 (68%) 2488
#433 Sbricchiojr Nemesis 171 / 136 (56%) 2466

Top MW players in 3v3 and their standings (EU):

RANK DETAILS NAME REALM SEASON STATS RATING
#34 Makcie Ravencrest 103 / 42 (71%) 2859
#69 Ðrçleañ Stormreaver 164 / 103 (61%) 2776
#83 Balenciagaqt Archimonde 369 / 332 (53%) 2755
#97 Donitrivegas Ravencrest 295 / 237 (55%) 2736
#104 Apesinpartyx Drak’thul 208 / 164 (56%) 2732
#104 Mønkey Darksorrow 156 / 91 (63%) 2732
#131 Taithorir Ragnaros 148 / 106 (58%) 2706
#151 Femalegodx Stormscale 126 / 56 (69%) 2691
#158 Panzerhenk Sylvanas 432 / 351 (55%) 2686
#166 Châsx Ravencrest 344 / 278 (55%) 2683

After checking your profile I assume you still play like in Season 1 and heal with Surging Mist. Since 50% mana regen nerf to healers as MW Monk you literally base on Reneving Mist + Statue + channeling Soothing Mist. If you need to heal through burst you apply Envelopping Mist + pop Thunder Focus Tea and top someone with 2x free Vivify. You have 0 Burst of Life traits as well.

https://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/monk/mistweaver/c5Az/X_K/WT4/YaU/ZUW

This is your default talent build. You may change Healing Elixirs for Diffuse Magic if necessary to dispel Maledict or vs casters. I’ll repeat once again get 3x Burst of Life and then you have 55 sec cd on Cocoon with Chrysalis. To increase your mana efficiency play Counteract Magic whenever possible. Vs purgers like priest or shaman play with Dome of Mist instead of Zen Focus Tea. Other talent you can take to increase mana Efficiency is Refreshing Breeze. Vs DH play with Eminence. You don’t need rele as you are orc.

Seriously mate - watch Loony. This guy wins on mana with Paladins, R Druids, R Shamans and everything. Not even mentioning dead Priest healing specs. I’m also not sure how are you using your Crane. I hope you don’t use it on CD or on your Mana Tea CD. Good Monks pop them 1-2 times a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdBahTaOKhY

Watch this and learn from him. This guy is insane. Check these Ele/Boomy/MW games and tell me that MW is “mana inefficient”

6 Likes

The post is actually of great quality but I have a question still. How is MW the strongest healer in the meta with stats putting it third by a large margin in both brackets ?

Monk is one of the least represented classes in the game. While R Druid is equally powerful it is also more popular as it’s in the game since it’s release. Monk doesn’t have huge representation as the community wasn’t really excited about the class. Monks were not viable for the first half of MoP. WW is also very strong spec at the moment so I suppose that huge part of Monk players decided to play it.

What’s more Monk was the strongest healer at the end of S1 since 8.1 was released and it didn’t experience huge nerf hammer like other specs. I remember that monks weren’t the most represented healers back then anyway.

I think it’s quite similar to Havoc DH. Even though it’s top tier spec it’s on the 6th position among meele specs in representation as it’s relatively new and not many people really main it. Most DHs in the ladder are alts (Raiku, Blizo, Nazrins, Villaye are top players known to play DH). The only DH main in top tier is probably Tren.

WW representation isn’t truly covering my theory but from what I see most of top warriors and some rogues play actively WW. Blizo, Joefernandes (he has WW too), Whaaz are some that I know.

He probably mains a resto druid, thats why LOL

I main Ele that I’m posting from xD but nice try

I dont know much about pvp my friend, just was looking around.

But for sure saying that MW is the strongest meta healer and then posting facts that meta slave pro players OP whatever use a Rdruid…Its kinda silly itself.

Cheers

Saying that you don’t know a lot about PvP and then saying that top players use R druid is a bit more silly tbh. If Loony who is seen as the best R Druid in the world plays more MW Monk in AWC than his main then it proves something. The fact is that MW works amazingly with WW comps.

Since Loony started playing more MW they won every single AWC against Method Black so… I don’t know who looks silly now.

1 Like

I havent said anything about who use Rdruid, you did with what you posted.

Its what you just said above before i reply to you. You might wanna look at your silly post before calling me silly just because i said what you already have said lol

25% mana for using way of the crane is pretty silly to be honest. They have to fix this.

I don’t see any point of responding to you anymore as I brought facts and you brought your assumptions adding that you don’t know much about PvP.

I agree because theoretically you should always play with it even though you will use it 1-2 times a game. There are few match ups where you should consider dropping it. If Crane wouldn’t cost that much mana I doubt that you’d ever go OOM as MW.

On the other hand mate we don’t want things like Legion Crane in the game for sure as it was broken.

The reason why R Druid and MW are top tier healers at the moment is the fact they are probably the only two to be able to drink multiple times during 1 arena match thanks to their mobility.

Im not talking about pvp, im talking about how 0 sense you make saying monk is meta class but all playing druid.

They must all be not smart and you smart i guess?
Ill remind you that im the 2nd one that answers you accordingly lol

These silly ppl… xD

Well crane is very nerfed right now if you compare it to the earlier version. Even if you do use it, it is very hard to get value out of it. I would rather have crane removed from the game than have an ability that consumes that much mana(25%). It’s just bad design overall by Blizzard.

Even in legion when it was 11% I felt it was too much then, but 25%? Why even have the ability in game. They could remove crane and introduce some sort of slow/root immunity while craning. Just without the healing and dmg.

I don’t know but the 25% have to go.

People have mains. For example Loony has 4 R druids - 3 of them are top in the ladder while he has 2 monks and only one of them is really top 100 (equal to his druids).

Some people basically enjoy one class over another. There is also a trend of having more than 1 char of your main spec to play with different people and practice. You can basically still play and develop your skills on main spec when your main team members are offline. MW monk was never as popular as R Druid and most of top MW Monk players are other healers alts. In AWC they just play what’s the best. It’s the same thing it is with Havoc. It seems to be less represented even though it’s top tier spec. Basically it’s mained by less people than R Druid.

About H Pala that is above MW it’s just a thing that H Pala is always popular even when it’s mediocre. No matter how strong it is it always has strong representation.

1 Like

MW will never be even close to Rdruid, the only thing it can offer is a cocoon.
Rdruid offers all utility a monk can do, does it batter and even does offer more, alot more in all aspects of the game and not only in pvp.

Maybe seriously don’t talk about PvP if you have no idea about it. MW monk has the best raw healing. Multiple ways of removing Maledict trinket effect when whole meta is about Maledict. Druid can only dispel it or Shadowmeld it if he is Night Elf. MW monk increases physical damage taken by 5% by just using any spell on his enemy. MW also offers probably the biggest burst damage of all healers.

1 Like

You dont hurt me by saying i have no idea about pvp.Just saying

Once again, you fail to read what i just said. I talk about UTILITY, not raw healing.
As about burst damage, yes it might does but it has to actually leave his pillar and go melee while a druud can DoT and simply LoS xD

Next mr pro?
What comes next

Seriously I don’t see the point of responding. You don’t understand simple things. MW has ton of utility. He enables meeles by a lot offering 1 “freedom effect” in tiger’s lust, being able to heal from safe distance (even from behind the pillar). MW monk is probably the best meele with THE BEST UTILITY for most of the meele cleaves. R Druid is great for casters. He works great with Mage, Ele, Warlocks.

What’s more MW has Ring of Peace and Disarm. Show me other healer that has such utility.

Druids do damage from Cat Form with feral affinity and have to go melee btw. Ranged dots are negligible, if you wanna say druid damage is from dots then mw damage is ranged too, from lightning. Silly right ?

You cant heal while you casting lightning plus it locks you on nature if you get kicked on that. Yes its entirely silly