My Feedback for Feral Shadowlands/Dragonflight

This is the first time Blizzard is listening. Hearing is much easier than reading, so Iā€™m pretty much sure none of those blue guys even clicked on this post.

No, evidently not. Been active in these forums since the start of the Alpha to get my 2 pennies in. Not one single blue post to be seen. All focus seems to be on the American forums. Actual piss take.

to be completely honest , i had bfa beta and alpha , i gave feedback on ferals being bad, nottting got changed , all feedback deleted completely and threw in the bin . bfa went live feral was dead in uldir gg

Funnily enough thatā€™s when I swapped mains. Still, I want to play feral/guardian so bad. There has to be something comingā€¦ there has to be! We canā€™t be neglected like thisā€¦

2 Likes

at this point i dont know man . i sticked to feral in uldir i made it work i did more dps than a tank but it was really hard back then . after all the mental pain i went through to make it work . all the clowning from meta players all the memes they were making out of ferals and yet i still sticked to my main cause im not FOTM player i main 1 class i chose feral with a reason . the spec , gameplay feral is just special for me . i tried to reroll but i get bored of other classes really fast . but then again 2nd favorite class is sub rogue which is dead aswell and i hate how blizzard forces you to play specs they want you to play not what you want to play by making them not viable or no utility or dps ā€¦ so fkin sick of it ā€¦. Blizzard should reward us for sticking to our mains after everything we went through

3 Likes

Ha, so I am not the only one doing that :slight_smile: I played a DH for the start of 8.3 but went back to my Feral again. DH is really cool but wasnā€™t for me. Tried DK and Hunter before but also returned to Druid. Now I am levelling a Rogueā€¦ letā€™s see what happens.

Had the same problem here!
Just boosted Hunter after failing on my Rogue, Paladin, Shaman, DK, Warrior, Mage, DH and Warlockā€¦ And came back to feral again. Maybe hunter will do the job now.

2 Likes

BM is now quite fun to play. - Survival was my second choice of alt till it turned melee; Black arrow/Explosive shot was great fun.

Make it happen Blizzard

4 Likes

i played as a feral druid for a long time but it doesnā€™t feel right not having survival instinct, at least if they are going to remove it and replace it with barkskin ā€œwhich ignores spell push backā€ let us heal within the cat form, what a weird change they did to the feral druidā€¦

Iā€™m gonna be honest. I used my free 120 boost on feral as I am a player who played pretty much all classes and all specs since vanilla. I never really touched on feral or get the hang of it. But now I tried it a bit, just in arena but Iā€™m having so much fun currently. There is something to feral, a bit of a underdog spec if you will.

I decided to read up on the forums, looking how ppl feel about current and Shadowlands Feral but reading and scrolling through this forum it looks very concerning.

You guys really think feral is gonna be that bad and you think we shouldnā€™t even try it out in SL? Youā€™re not gonna play feral when the xpack is going to hit?

It really depends what you want to do. Most content you can do as a Feral, you will just be less useful than, say, a DH. If you can live with that (and the fact that PUGs for M+ will likely kick you after seeing you are not balance), then go ahead and play Feral.

I tried switching mains a couple of times but, despite all the issues, always end up playing my Druid again.

1 Like

Haha itā€™s a nice thing you come back to the class you like. At the end thatā€™s what itā€™s all about.

Iā€™m personally more of a PvP person but ofc we get forced to do some PvE for gear. I dont mind doing a bit less dmg or get kicked or whatever. Iā€™ll make my own group and form my own group of friends to play with.

I might actually main feral in SL as itā€™s a breath of fresh air and Iā€™m always more appealed to the classes that perform slightly less. Like I played balanced in vanilla and tbc.

Iā€™m also that person that dont use that RIO the little rebel I am. Feel free to kick me if you think Iā€™ll perform less because of my spec. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll out dmg someone with the right spec (:

I want to want to play my feral, but atm it cant contend with DH. Damage-wise and utility-wise - just no contest. Iā€™m adamant in trying to push changes to feral for the better so i can main it in SL, but so far its not going to planā€¦

2 Likes

As a feral main since vanilla, iā€™m with you on this boatā€¦

All i want is Blizzard fixing feral once and for all, but right now iā€™ve swapped to my DH, and the difference is astonishing!

DH has everything feral has and moreā€¦ i mean heal a ton on my own, do loads of damage, i have a ton of utility for the group/raid, a buckload of AOEā€¦

When i play my DH iā€™m always thinking ā€œwhatā€™s not to like about this classā€¦ā€, meanwhile playing as a feral youā€™re severely punished if you missclick 1 spell on your rotationā€¦ -.-

3 Likes

I think the main problem is not necessarily the overall damage. Here, Feral and DH arenā€™t too far away, Iā€™d say. But (aside from the much better utility) DH has burst, massive damage on demand over short windows, which Feral doesnā€™t have. If there is a particularly dangerous mob that needs to go quickly, this is very useful. So in a sense, not all damage is equalā€¦

1 Like

But that burst window is for 8 seconds every 30 seconds. where as Feral has ramp up time, which is why iā€™ve suggested that AOE needs to be instant damage while ST needs to remain bleed focused - then we can start to compete.

we can easily outdps demon hunter in anything but burst damage no so i agree.
to fix that problem make soul of the forest baseline with incarnation and give incarn like 20% damage on top increase from all abilites even tho it already increases our dmg alot so it would deal like stealth ability but still i want incarn to be that burst button and we can use it for either ā€œvanishā€ or ā€œBurstā€ so you can chose.

savage roar would work on energy regeneration and 30% crit increase from all sources .

Our AoE is fine the problem is single target and bleed damage with burst feral has no burst windows anymore or utility thats why we lack behind other specs.

All utility feral had was taken away from us in Legion , i hated claws of shivarah but cyclone while cat form was the best or cast roots or self heal was pretty decent .

MoP and WoD was amazing for feral even tho i hated wod but not as much i hate bfa

2 Likes

I think feral was in a good place in WoD just the game wasnt.

1 Like

We just need utility ,burst and bleed buff and we are good

3 Likes