My Feedback for Feral Shadowlands/Dragonflight

i agree , feral damage is just dead outside of convoke atm . kyrian makes it abit better but still bleeds feel dead

3 Likes

Funny thing is, currently Feral and Balance are overall in the raid very close to each other IF you ignore Council where Balance is completly broken. And stone legion where Feral is utterly gash …

Feral is currently the highest damage spec on Artificer for example.

Well, the problem is, that Feral is strong in long ST scenario, but it really sucks in hectic cleave (That´s why they forced Ferals to this crap Fero build, sort of … ).

But, Feral is also w/o some zerg CD (No, Berserk is really not big cd for now - you need a lot more secondary stats, we will scale good later on).

Convoke is our only chance for now to put up a pressure or zerg priority target (AKA pride in M+ or killing player in Maim or whatever cc - otherwise, you will be kicked/stunned ofc).

Dont know what are they thinking about it, but I guess, Ferals is Designed with 2 leggos in mind (like Guardians with UFR for def and Luffa for big di** dps). We are just missing something, and I think that it will come in the form of more borrowed power.

Feral is asking for aoe and bleed buff for ages now

5 Likes

Blizzard needs to open their eyes

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with Feral, but public opinion. Feral does more single target dps than boomkins. But again this is just dps not what meta is about. You will take Unholy DK over feral due to the execute and their raid cooldown.

If there is a boss fight where funneling is important, Feral will be good but still not meta since frost are a better option for funneling.

I said it before Feral are overtuned that is why they doing high dps numbers, but I guess it is balanced since they don’t have a niche or anything special. Give them high dps just to be relevant.

I personally don’t and never had an issue with feral, I think they are really good, especially this expansion. We don’t need any buffs, matter of fact I wouldn’t be surprised if feral gets nerfs, ferals are really overtuned this expansion.

edit: just wanted to say it again, but meta isn’t only about the dps numbers but about how the dps is done. The top tier raiders will look at this and decide the meta, then the public will follow. The biggest problem for feral and enhancement shaman is they are always compared against the other range spec. Where range is always better regardless of how much dps you pull. Also reason why survival is such a meme spec.

We have a game where range is always superior but there are so much more melee specs. Which is very weird in my opinion.

2 Likes

Are you sure they are overtuned ? Because of course on ST we must be good, since it’s our only strength.
But people don’t do just raids, they run pvp and m+ and this is where we struggle !
We are maybe mid tier in pvp but we are the worst in m+ !
Why a feral does less damage than outlaw rogue or fury in aoe with uncapped bleed ?
Did you run high keys with a feral ?
Given the complexity of the class and the number of things you need to track in order to do the same damage as the other classes while they click on 2 buttons is absurd !
No matter how hard i play on high keys , my Dps can’t even compare to the other classes !
While they can do 7k-8k dps overall feral is struggling to get past that 6k !
So how are we overtuned ?

1 Like

It really depends who you compare it to. There are a bunch of other specs that do even more poorly, I just say overtuned as an emphasis that we don’t need any buffs. There are ton of other specs who are really bad or worst than feral.

Being overtuned in ST and struggle a little on aoe (feral aoe is still a lot better than other specs meanwhile their ST is off the roof), that why I think feral is in a really good spot right now. I wouldn’t be surprised if they got nerf to their ST. But then again there is other specs who are way more overtuned, which also I won’t be surprised if they got nerfed.

If we go and buff feral aoe, then feral will be top on everything which I think isn’t balanced. It is ok to be good at one thing and bad at another. But Feral aoe isn’t that bad to begin with. Even if you not reaching the dps of the other meta specs in m+ feral shouldn’t be too far behind.

edit: I just want to add being complex is just more fun I don’t think balancing should worry about the complex or difficulty of said playstyle. I choose to feral cause I enjoy the playstyle i couldn’t care less if boomkin is easier to do higher dps at a more easier rotation. It is unique this way.

Feral aoe and bleeds require buffs blizzard

6 Likes

this is what feral needs

3 Likes

I can simplify even further:

Buff Rip.

5 Likes

They got rid of the armour on incarnation talent? Sad! I’m not max level yet but was feral in legion. playing now in shadowlands seems like a fun spec still. very squishy though!.. blizz can certainly streamline some stuff already though!

Well the " TEAM " is only Kevin Jordan (since Chris Kaleiki left a couple months ago) yes hard to believe, that 1 guy “balances” 12 classes and 36 speccs =)
Edit: nvm he is gone too idk which clown/s are doing the “balances” right now.

1 Like

Remove treants from boomy or give us ferals idk hello kitty puppies coming out our butts taunting everything for 10 minutes with their cuteness Waiting room.

1 Like

just absurd that feral legit bring 0 utility atm , even in pvp feral dmg is all convoke bleeds are a joke

2 Likes

Yeah buffing every bleed by 30-50% and

until this is not happening feral remains a meme.

3 Likes

agreed , if you have any more suggestions what they can do with feral try to write it down aswell , i think leader of the pack should be baseline since it was baseline since wotlk and until legion they made made it a pvp talent and removed it from feral

1 Like

blizzard needs to fix bleeds and give feral some aoe burst and spec utility and feral can be as good to participate in MDI

2 Likes

Having done KSM on feral I can just add;
“WHY ARE YOU FERAL?”

Rocketscience gameplay with poor output and low utility, bad AoE and also squishy;
Vs
Hurpdurp dmg from Moonkin who has good utility, good aoe, innervate etc.
Vs
Some other classes who hurpdurp and top dps with great utilites as well.

Saying SP as some comparison is just silly.
SP brings Stam buff and PI but has mediocre dmg at best unless PI used on self, which is why its not brought a lot either as then its better to take in a healer priest for the buff and get better dps role.

Saying its cause we are melee is ignoring the package.
Why do people bring a rogue? Aoe stealth, sap, stunlocks, blind, vanish to avoid 1 death.
You can argue druid has vanish too IF you are nelf - but only then.

Ppl who continue defending feral state sincerely must be ignoring the bigger picture or do not main it and hate doing worse than a feral on ST - which I argue is them being bad tbh ; or gear difference.

I doubt we will see any real improvements tho in any near future.

Small kitten “treants” and innervate would add some spice.
Buffing bleeds would make the specc back to its roots again - which is why some of us even liked feral over rogue.
Better aoe.
Aoe rip should be baseline.
Predator vs Sabretooth, and Bloodtalons; all need reworks imo.

Basically; plz fix cat ty.

5 Likes

Finally someone who can see same light as me

4 Likes