My statements / vision wasn't wrong about people on wow

Since I stopped pushing, and begun working more on my free boosting community, since we’ve started boosting, there is some down-time where no boosts go on since people are raiding with their Guilds.

I decided that from now on, I will always make groups that everyone within reason can join.

• I’m not going to ask for RIO, or check logs, but this is my key so I hope you respect that, I don’t ask for much, only that you don’t think, but know you can do the key.

Is what I write, and yes we’ve done some keys in time with people with very low rio, we did a +17 HOA in time. Today.

But as I knew already, and I was put into a uncomfortable mood about is that when you act too timid, or kind - People start demanding more, even though they’re way below what is normally required.

They demand more from the group, have this, have that, get this, even though they wouldn’t stand a chance to join any other key.

Plenty people leaving keys mid run.

Just goes to show that people are horrible. Even when you treat them nice, and give them chances.

15 Likes

people are terrible and the world would be better off without them

3 Likes

It will someday. So it can heal its wounds.

Unfortunately, for a lot of people who have low io and can’t join pugs or find friends, there is a reason. That reason is usually that the person is unpleasant to play with, because they don’t respect anyone’s time or put in any effort… while still wanting to do content that requires effort. They just want everyone else to put in enough effort to carry them, or what they consider effort is actually just bare minimum.
WoW is a hobby, just like playing the piano. A lot of WoW players think they’re able to compose symphonies just because they bought a piano, and if anyone tells them they need practice first, it just doesn’t compute.

As soon as you’re nice and open to helping people, a large segment of the playerbase just thinks you’re a doormat that’s there to spoonfeed them shiny pixels while they afk. :< Gotta just be strong and focus on the nice people, so you don’t forget that there are nice people in the world. ;_;

6 Likes

Yes, that is one of life’s realizations.
Most people are “trash”. I don’t mean in regards to gaming skills. That is why you have to hold onto the good ones.

You did nothing wrong btw. You don’t have to feel bad cause you were kind and they weren’t. They are just nobody of importance. Don’t lose your kindness to those that deserve it because of such a person. Ban/kick them and move on. They aren’t worth your grievance.

3 Likes

Elobarate with specific issues you have faced!!

Humans taking advantage of others, it’s in their nature. My mother is a kind person, and everyone took complete advantage of her kindness… my sister included, who’s been freeloading off her still despite being almost 40 with 2 kids staying at her house not paying rent. Told my mother to kick her out countless times to no avail… -.-

So yeah, be kind but take no nonsense either.

I absolutely deplore people of the sort where if you give an inch they take a mile.

1 Like

This post feels so weird after your daily rant about noobs and poor players in general, your VERY toxic post about healers in particular.
Why are you trying to look helpful and patient all of a sudden?

9 Likes

Just noted who the OP is… :expressionless:

5 Likes

While leaving keys is a curse and the unspeakable, sometimes people have a valid reason for leaving: internet issues, real life issues, or computer problems.

Of course some simply leave because the key is taking too long or they obtained whatever objective they wanted to complete (quest, transmog, mount, pet etc, achievement, etc…) and do not care about finishing. Some leave because they feel the group will wipe anyways.

Think it’s fair to say that you expect them to stay, since you let them join in the first place.

Have you even read your own forum posts?

11 Likes

Don’t let one jerk ruin your day. The majority of people are decent and kind.

You’ve just thrown everyone into one bucket. And yourself too by the way.

3 Likes

Don’t give up, there are good folks out there :), diamond in the rough and all of that.

I agree, eradicate humans in general. Pugging Can make you sick of being among them in general.

True.
Chars

Also.

Another thread that is just the reminder of why i stopped pugging M+ since end of BfA and only do it now with people i find from pugging torg, but i had good experiences with. Sort the horrible ones out, leave the good ones be and only bring them for it. Also all on voice, so much better than typing to explain stuff.

Erm… i dunno about your example. I am pretty certain your mother likes having her daughter and grandchildren around. Unless they are terribly nasty people.
In this case you are sounding like the bitter one.

1 Like

You know nothing of the situation so keep your opinion to yourself.