My vision for the Horde

You know I have been thinking for the longest time how to make the future of the Horde happen for all their fans and until recently I never putted much effort into my posts. But that is about to change now. After my latest post on the american forum recived over a 1000 posts in just 2 days I realized there are actually some people out there who agree to my view on the story and game at large and if I can rally enough people on it, things might change and Blizzard might finally see the way the red faction has been portrayed since MoP was wrong on all stations. So here I go right now. I will support any reason and measure to make sure my favored faction in any MMO so far(Sorry Asmodians and Sith), will no longer be neglected and treated like a mere afterthought. And that Blizzard is finally forced to spend actually resources into both sides of the story like every other contester in this genere already does even with a multi billion dollars budget.

So let us start now shall we?

1. Revamp the old world again. This is the most important part. Lots of old zones still stuck being in 2007 or Cataclysm for now. Worthy to mention that gameplay wise the Horde only started up with half as much numbers to play safe for the races and the three mains had to share the Barrens. Still the alliance has an advantage of 2 of it because the dwarfs are actually far away from the humans if you take a look at the map. I admire that the Devs actually have the blood elves two zones and wided the influence of the Forsaken but still it wasn’t enough. Give the Tauren Thousand Needles and Stonetalon Mountains. That would even the field. I am not interested in Eastern Kingdoms and it seems like Stromgarde will stay blue for the longest time.

2. Lore representation. The Horde lost way too many important lead characters way too fast. Ignoring the obvious disaster of the second war, even in WOW Blizzard was not done pulling a massacre on them which cost many great personalities to either villain batting or heroic but pointless sacrifice.(Most noted the Varian and Vol’jin situation and Sylvanas). Either start anew with the current cast or ressurect the old ones(Snitch in Tagar and Fenris if you like it since their sattus is MIA). Either way Both factions should have their own aligned guides through each expansion and not fore everyone to take their quests from Anduin and Alleria only for the next 6 years.

3. Hubs for the allied races. Right now the Vulpera and Mag’har are basically homeless and hold zero political influence neither do they have a chance for good RP cuz Horde RP has always been decentralized. Change that. Give the Vulpera a place in Vol’dun and the brown Orcs a grand return to Draenor arc where they get to reclaim their actual home.

4. Power scaling. Right now all hard hitters you could consider battle gods even if you look at all the magic they throw at their enemies without taking any breaks are important alliance leaders like Jaina and Malfurion.

5. Themes. I don’t ask for much here. But give us finally a theme of the cosmic lore where not titanforged or night elves are the center and focus of the plot. The various Horde religions were degraded in Shadowlands and it is quite unfair that because of the noble savages trope they never got the focus to stop the main bad guy or could connect to any of the magic forces that make up the universe. I think the elves and trolls are the best contenders here so you have some leverage to work with.

What do you think? That is all I could think of at the start and I might add some new things over the next weeks. Have fun into tearing it apart like Turiel and that Dark iron Dwarf might always do.

Cheers. Erevien.

5 Likes

I am unsure what you really want from this, I can see you have put effort into it but it still sounds a little wish washy in the end and doesn’t specifically say what you want. You need to add in more examples imo.

The faction war is gone. For the next expansion we have Thrall as a main lead and he IS the Horde. Just because you don’t like him any more doesn’t change that.

No we don’t. I saw the Alpha. It’s literally just Alleria and Anduin we follow around and I can’t accept that. Thrall instantly goes away.

It’s the only time the Horde get’s any progress. Neutral content is alliance content. Legion did it too and I am sick of it.

2 Likes

I can only assume he is in later, though I don’t know how much of the Alpha you have done. The thing is nobody but Blizz knows who is included later on, there could be a huge Horde lore thing awaiting us and probably is due to Midnight being set in Quel’thalas.

I think they are both at a progress point that is similar now and they need to bring Anduin back into the fold now he has been gone for an expansion. Alleria is involved purely because there is void stuff, personally I don’t care for her and would rather see Vereesa shine but I have a feeling that Turalyon is going to go in an Uber Light crusade at some point and she’ll be on the opposite end of that.

I don’t see much happening beyond that for the factions this time round, as I said, I think it will happen more in Midnight but we don’t know what they have planned.

Having allied race zones would be nice but they have said they won’t be redoing the world again and only in fragments. It’s going to be pretty down low in the list and of all the things I want them to do, it doesn’t cut it for me.

The cast we know of so far:

Alleria
Anduin
Magni
Moira
Dagran
Brann

And the new Earthen.

Does look very alliance heavy to me.

I didn’t single out Jaina and Thrall because they disappear once Dalaran is down.

2 Likes

Well… Dwarves with Dwarves. In order for them to be for both factions you’d think we’d have a horde representative…

But I’m sorry, it just doesn’t bother me. I have worked with the majority of that list as the champion of azeroth and they’re all my buds (but thank goodness Jaina and Tyrande are gone because force chokes) so I guess any more contribution to this is moot from me.

They are alliance aligned and tried to kill us before. Sorry i can’t seperate them from their Team. Especially not Alleria who crap talked us back in the Vindicaar.

3 Likes

I just RP sass them but Magni and Anduin love me :handshake:

Erevien is wright but I don’t think Blizz will listen.

4 Likes

My response…

1. Azeroth needs to die and for us all to move to a new planet where it is set up for the next 20yrs, taking all the learnings of the past 20yrs and making it better. We keep getting bits added on here and there and it’s just so fragmented. We’ve explored the world, no need to revamp it a bit and make us go through it all again.

2. Not much to say here but what I will say is that both Alliance and Horde need identifiable, strong leaders (that subsequently don’t go on to commit genocide). Unless I go to check in-game, I honestly have no idea who or what leads the Horde now.

3. The allied races are new. They’ve only just, in the grand scheme of things, been allowed entry into the factions. So, it makes sense that their political power is lacking. Also, sort of going back to my response to point 1, I think the future of WoW doesn’t need racial starting zones or even capitals. That is a lot of cost and resources for little use in game. Look at where Blizzard are going with their choices, destruction of major capital cities, replaced with little hubs and a one-size-fits-all starting zone…the writing is on the wall if you only open your eyes.

4. Not much to say here as I covered it in point 2.

5. I’m not entirely sure what you are asking for here. If you mean for Horde races to be central to a story, didn’t we just have BfA where it was literally about Trolls? Every dog has its day I suppose but overall, I don’t care who is central the an expansion’s story, I just want it to be good

That stopped after the first patch. It was all n’zoth after this.

If I want another planet I will play Star Wars.
qoute
Not much to say here but what I will say is that both Alliance and Horde need identifiable, strong leaders (that subsequently don’t go on to commit genocide). Unless I go to check in-game, I honestly have no idea who or what leads the Horde now.
unqoute

This means the faction wars will be back and it will be fun. But I do not think it will happen because it does not fit to Blizz peacecraft agenda.

Blizzard burned out every single Horde leader that wasn’t Thrall. That is much worse then teldrassil. Cuz No one is left to feel pride in and I reject totally new characters or one time questgivers from wotlk.

3 Likes

Ok, but they had their moment, right? Lets say each race had an expansion, to cycle through them all where the Alliance would have theirs and Horde would have theirs and where similar races were grouped together (like all the elven races) it would take 9 expansions. That’s 18 years, give or take!

So did the night elves and humans every time we deal with cosmic lore. A single moment won’t cut it really

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with that. Blizzard said they won’t abandon the IP anytime soon.

So if I read between the lines here, what you’re saying is to bring back Thrall? I fully support this. He can lead my Horde until the time I die (or quit the game if we want to be less dramatic).

Thrall alone can’t carry the Horde when the alliance has dozens of well fleshed out characters everyone knows and loves. We need equity.

1 Like

That’s a you problem. You will never be happy with it then.

1 Like

True but will you care about WoW in 18 years, where nothing new is introduced or do you just want good stories now? I think sub plots and mid-expansion stories would be very welcome though. I’m just unsure if we need each current race to be the focal point from now until the end of time.