My Warrior can wear a Yeti costume or look like Sailor Moon in combat, but not Leather or Mail. Why?

Eq2 had it so you started as a fighter which could wear mail and leather, then at level 15 or so you had a class choice…

Warrior , crusader, brawler.

Then level 40 or so another class choice

Bezerker/guardian , paladin/darkknight , monk/bruiser…

Iirc.

Classes you picked dictated the weapons and armour you used .

(Classes may of been slightly different, was a long time ago.)

1 Like

Is that confirmed? Cause that would be awesome…

And dont forget weapons. I want my warrior tank to use shield + spear.

For Sparta !!!

Confirmed yes - Unlock All Transmog on Any Character in World of Warcraft: The War Within - Wowhead News

As to the OP, I can’t see them allowing you to actually wear leather or any other armor type than your class currently allows as the stats are implemented based on the class that can equip them. However, as for transmog, I guess it’s whatever, I wouldn’t care either way. The only caveat to that being that if warriors can wear lighter armor then all classes should be able to wear all armor types as there can’t be unfairness.

1 Like

Like when Bronn fought Ser Vardis. Bronn was in Leather / Cloth and Ser Vardis was in Full Plate.
It was agile vs blunt force.

I wish we could do builds like that. Slow full plate 2h sword vs nimble fast leather dual wielding 1h axes.

Agreed, all reasons to keep this on lock have been undone with travellers post and other transmog sets which are cosmetic rather then having an armor type

Open up the existing mog slots to any appearance
Let’s be real you’re probably recognizing enemy classes by looking at the colours of their healthbars which colour it by class through your ui addon

A relic from a bygone era
Like the language or race/faction barrier

I really like this change. I wish it was a feature of S4 though.

Thanks.

The only downside is that I will have to re-farm ALL the old raids… again… :frowning:

But hey. It will keep me entertained thats for sure.

1 Like

I would love to play a mage with plate transmogs to RP playing as a Battle Mage like in other RPGs that allow that type of character (Elder Scrolls for example)

Yeah. I love this change but this put on hold any raid/dungeons farming until the change is made because farming things now feels like a waste. That is why right now I opt to reduce my legacy farming to complete legacy quests (with both factions) because quest reward transmog should unlock retroactively.

Same here, much like not farming end game gear too, I haven’t finished but no point now that S4 is around the corner, may as well wait. It does pain me that all those legacy raid farms I’ve completed now have to be re-done but I guess there is no rush and at least the option is coming.

That is sweet… Because I remember some Cata quest Leather set with that was dope. The shoulder pad was only 1. I remember it from cata…

That would be a really nice mog to have. And I hope the retroactivity actually works. Because I got ALL the quests done up to BFA… they owe me a TON of mogs… :stuck_out_tongue:

When transmog was added in Legion it worked.
When white and grey items were added to transmog it also worked.

So I hope it work again.

Specially because I did Loremaster with my old main before Cataclysm so I expect to earn many removed transmogs. In fact I did Loremaster with the same chapter as Alliance and then as Horde, after switching faction. But I don’t know if the system keeps track of the quests I compledes as Alliance 15 years ago.

I did loremaster of Classic wow… and Cata wow. Both.

And back then when I had much more time I actually completed every single quest. Even the ones that came from some rare drop item.

But only Horde. I have always been Horde. I detest the Alliance esthetic (the RP me talking).

There isn’t a real reason. You just have to hope they change the transmog rulings some point down the road.

You can, and have been able to since WoD. The Stormwind set from Alliance Garrison is full Plate armour (like Stormwind guard) and is Cosmetic so any class can wear it.

So the transmog restrictions do seem quite silly these days.

1 Like

There isn’t, rather the opposite, there is a simple key/value pair that need to match the item.

You can simply remove that check, or mark all items as ‘cosmetic’ via a flag and boom, few line of code changes + update automated tests and this change can go live.

All models support all armor types, with a few exceptions, but that’s a separate flag check so would continue to work as intended.

We can’t be sure since we both don’t work at blizzard.

No, but i’ve seen how easy it is to change this in emulation (flags).
Likewise you can already experiment with the models in the webview of WoWhead :wink:

I strongly believe that doing it on wowhead is not the same thing that actually having to do it with their engine.

There are indeed some differences, but WoWhead works from taking game assets and running it through a WebGL (or used to) view.

But you can also see for yourself ingame, how many races support which armor sets :wink:

Ok but it’s not the same thing. So there is probably something we don’t know that does not allow that in game.

Maybe in the future they will manage to make it work.