Mythic+ and leavers

why not tho if you screw someone over you should be punished

but it should be. the only people who dont want punishment for leavers is leavers

make it stacking then. rather then massive one straight away make it based on how many keys you’ve left in a certain week. if yhou leave 1 nothing. 5 10min 10 hr 20 you cant q till next week

My bad i did a typo. I think we should have a penalty for people leaving, but a light one. A light small one is better than nothing as it is now and would reduce people doing it, even if it is a small one

Alright, and how do you properly track this in an automated way that doesn’t hit those it’s intended not to hit?

In your opinion.

This is rubbish.

This isn’t an opinion, its a fact. I’m not a leaver and punishment isn’t workable.

There isn’t an objective measure to decide who screwed who over. If you don’t understand mechanics and lick the floor for half of the dungeon and I leave. Who screwed who? You screwed the whole party for not being good enough for the job you signed up for. I left and I’m the bad guy in this scenario?

1 Like

Most people are terrible at judging when a key can be timed with the DPS in the group. Especially on tyrannical.

“We have 9 minutes left, we can time this” they think when we arrived at blight of galakrond on +26.

No, there’s actually no shot we time it with 9 minutes left with their DPS. Blight of galakrond took us almost 4 minutes to kill, giving us like 5 minutes for the trash & iridikron.

The tank left.

First person to leave gets punished thats how u hit the intended target. You target the problem

Sure

The evoker that rescued me away from the circle on first boss in academy and then rescued me into the gust on the bird boss?

Why should he not be punished? Why should anyone but the evoker be punished for leaving that clown fiesta of a run?

To take another example:

AV first boss - people don’t clear all trees.

Then they don’t use enough defensives to counteract the stronger stomp.

Everyone but me and the tank dies.

Why should we be punished for not wanting to play with them?

The worst part about these topics is that you have to wade through hundreds of posts just to find one that actually tries to tackle the problem instead of just complain.

Here’s another suggestion / redesign of the keystone system to reduce toxicity:

The 2 bullet points below are supposed to eliminate the penalty of the keyholder in case there is a leaver or bad run:

• Completing the key, regardless if timed or not, now always makes it at least +1. Yes, you can take your sweet 2 hours in the key, as long as the final boss dies it goes +1.
  • Not completing the key no longer deranks it.

Continuing to giving an incentive to want to stay in the run even if it seems like a lost cause:

• Completing a key in time gives 100% of currency and gear rewards. Completing a key after timer has expired gives 0% of gold, 50% of other seasonal currencies, no item from the chest but does give Vault progress.

Continuing to punishment for leaver in a key that does eventually get cleared:

• If one of the members is not in the party present when the chest is opened (ie. when the key is cleared successfully), then they lose seasonal currencies proportional to the key level. If they do not have enough seasonal currencies then they lose gold (again proportional to the key level). If they do not have enough gold, they receive a debuff that prohibits them from entering another Mythic+ run until they have gathered enough gold to “pay” the penalty (from quests, AH, etc.).

And catching up the case where leaving is consensual and agreed by everyone:

• If everyone leaves the group without the chest having been opened, ie. there is no active member in that Mythic+ ID but the final boss is still alive, there is no penalty.

My proposal fixes many of the “toxicity” problems laid out by everyone else, but introduces 2 smaller problems:

• How do you catch the case where the group leader intentionally removes a member from the group a few seconds before the key is cleared?
  • With keys no longer deranking there will be a slight inflation.

Thoughts?

1 Like

This would fix my issues with the scumbags. Atm im the one that gets punished by leavers

You kinda fall apart in the face of facts. It’s comical.

What “facts”?

You’re saying only leavers don’t want punishment. Thats not true.

If your not a leaver why would you care if they get punished? :thinking: murderers shouldn’t go to prison but im not going to kill anyone

Because its a stupid idea that isn’t good for the game.

Odd you use the “thinking” emjoi, its the last one I’d ever associate with you.

1 Like

I’m just not blinded by bias

Or swayed by logic and facts.

Everything ive said is based on logic facts and experience pugging