Mythic dungeons need a "vote to end the run" option

This is the first expansion that I have gotten properly into mythic dungeon running. I would like to do more, but I have a serious decision to make. Do I continue, when all my progress can be wiped out in short period of time by toxic players?

Started the day with a +17 key, I now have a +12 key. Getting to +17 has taken a considerable investment of time and learning. Today I watched, every run collapse in less than 10 minutes

The reason people left were jaw dropping, someone wasn’t the right covenant, the tank didn’t pull a specific moob, someone wanted to pull another group, the tank had over pulled.

In ever case the instance was still viable. In every instance, a completion would have allowed me to get some loot from the Great Vault. In every instance I am empty handed because other toxic players are trashing what I have worked to achieve

Mythic dungeons need a “vote to end the run” option. If the majority agree the instance is over, sure it’s over the key is burned. But If they leave without a majority decision, anyone who leaves get a -50 rating.

The current system rewards AHole behaviour. They pay no price for being utter toxic, entitled and inconsiderate. They are spoiling content for the majority of decently behaved players

I’m old enough to remember “dishonor kills”.

This was a negative factor upon someones honor ratings.

We need a Mythic Keystone “Dishonor” currency combined with a “vote to end run option”

Currently I have no information about who quits instances, this makes it impossible to avoid them. I have no information that lets me know I may end up with a problem. I am powerless to avoid the problem

I suspect this much of this behavior is fueled by off platform player measurement system that give better rating to those who don’t “go over time”. Until these platforms are fed negative inputs it they will continue to create in game incentives for bad behavior

No they don’t need a vote to end the run option with a punishment for leavers.

Theres literally thousands of threads on this now that knock down this logic. Go read them. Your best option is to make friends, have a good run, add people. I don’t want the old tired list of “I don’t always play at the same time” or whatever, they might not either. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Also, warlocks damage comes from rain of fire atm, its in your set bonus. Spec inferno as your level 35 talent. Over 99% of locks do it for a very good reason.

I literal have no idea what any of that means.

Are you down voting the Dejarous because you don’t like the comment?

Who only did 4.2 K dps, where and when?

wtf n00b - i know that

heal asdfpørdlthfokps - what does that mean?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice idea, but

I have literally being playing since classic. I have made an endless number of “friends” on WOW who simply disappear after several years

After 15 years I am non longer interested in “investing more time in ‘internet friends’” just so that I can play a game with a group of civilized people. This gets pointless after the first 6 years

Making friends and agreeing a schedule for dungeons and raids means a degree of putting “WOW First”. I want to do content when I want.

I will no longer want content to be only accessible to those who “form communities” and make Real Life friends with Internet friends.

I simply want to the play the game, with people with similar gear, similar ratings free from the toxicity of people who deliberately behave badly.

It is possible to design the system in such a way.

Wrong thread, wops

1 Like

You want all of the benefits with none of the obligations. Go figure.

1 Like

You’re saying you listed your +17, +16, +15, +14, and +13, found people for it, and every single time someone left and downgraded your key? If you’re going to choose to play with randoms (because you don’t want to bother maintaining friendships or whatever), you’re going to have to put a lot more effort into picking people.

The obligations to clear keys are:

1. farming gear
  2. learning the bosses
  3. learning the trash
  4. learning tactics
  5. Knowing your role, spec and class
  6. Understand group composition

There is no need to add an additional obligations of:

1. Get to know a bunch of people
  2. agree a schedule
  3. remain friends

These are obligations that have nothing to do with the content

Their are thousands of people with my gear level, ratings, skills and experience. we could easily hook upon on a casual basis, clear content and progress.

Instead what we have a minority trashing our efforts and driving us away from playing content. This is bad for business

1 Like

You are 100% correct.

That’s what I asking for. But in game I have nothing to help me

Currently, I can’t tell that the 278 iLevel tank , with 3.2k rating isn’t going to storm out because the we have to clear one extra mob pack because someone ran out of invisibility pots

I can’t tell, if the healer is simply going to dc if we have a single wipe

I can’t tell if the tank is going to critize others and log out if he over pulls.

I simply want to know who to avoid. But I am given no information

If I am not allowed to be given warnings about toxic players then the system needs to modified to provide penalties for being toxic.

And to answer your question: Yes , every single time, some one left after 10 minutes and down graded my key.

No system will ever be able to tell you this because a system can’t judge context. Sure some evil person left a key, punish them! Maybe they got abuse from the group or they were a healer and the tank died 3x in a row without resetting necrotic stacks and blamed them. You just don’t know.

I go back to my original point, adding someone to your “friends” list because you ran a good dungeon with them is simply a convenience. You have a shared interest. You know they can perform, don’t rage quit and like to do dungeons. You don’t have to “get to know them” or “agree a schedule”. You aren’t expected to invite them to a bbq and share puppy pics with them. Just ping them when you see them on and say “fancy a dungeon?”

Current systems tell you gear level and score gives an indication of experience. (Which you perversely want to remove from people as a “punishment”). The rest is learning who is dependable etc etc comes from experience - systems can’t do it. You’re looking for Utopia.

There’s actually a lot of information, but you don’t find it in-game. You find it by looking the character up on the Raider IO website. There you can see the history of every run they’ve ever completed, in this season and previous seasons.

Of course, you don’t need to go looking up all of that. What you do need to look at is how many over time runs they’ve done, and how far over time. No-one times all their runs, or even most of them. When you’re trying to push into a new key level, you’re likely to have more over time runs than in time ones. The more over time runs a character has done, and the further over time they are, the more likely they are to stay if things go wrong. But there’s also a higher chance that they’re not a great player. You have to weigh up the two and decide what’s more important to you - someone who might not be very good but will stick it out to the end, or someone who is a good player but doesn’t tolerate mistakes from others. You can make a reasonable judgement of that by looking at Raider IO.

(You can also use Raider IO to see if a character has been boosted - by looking at the scores of characters they’ve timed their best runs with - but that’s another thing.)

Their is logic in what you say. However it always breaks down.

WOW is a gear “dependent game”. Over the longer term your friends list contains people who were at your gear level/ rating level and interest level at “one point in time”

Over time this “snapshot” becomes useless, we all progress at different speeds. This list become useless in as little as a few weeks, to to few months.

15 years of “keeping tabs on others” to find someone who is at the same gear level, rating, interest and availability adds a another social barrier to content.

This isn’t 2007 when MMO’s were about communities. In the modern world content needs to be accessible regardless of personality type.

Sure many enjoy guilds, chatting on headsets, sharing memes and arranging content.

Most of us don’t, been their, seen it , done it. Just want to play

I somewhat disagree

It would be very easy to record and share “how often this player was the FIRST to leave an unsuccessful keystone attempt”

That metric alone tells you who to avoid. That metric will exist, that metric could be shared.

Exactly,

“Every run they have ever COMPLETED”

If you sign up for 10 groups, leave 9 early and complete 1 RaiderIO lists you as hero with a 100% success record.

This is the problem with the current Keys systems. People are seeking to manipulate Raider IO and causing allot of damage in game

Blizzard needs to recognise this toxic behaviour and adjust accordingly

A 100% timed record is a big red flag.

2 Likes

There are 2 type of people that are complaining about keys.

1. The people that are complaining about not being invited and not being able to find a group for a key they want.

2. The people that complain about players leaving the keys they are running.

Both of those group come with suggestions to make THEIR life easier without understanding that the change they are proposing will ONLY benefit their small demographic in the SHORT term.

IF you implement a system that penalize people for leaving and forces them to stay to complete a key, guess what kind of players will not choose to enter your key.

From the level of keys you are doing, I can safely guess that you are not pushing or have much experience with dungeons (that is NOT a bad thing, you are free to play the game as you want). But, most people in that level benefit from high rio players (see 3.2k tanks) that want their 15 HoA for an easy key.

If you tell them that they will be stuck in the key for whatever reason, they will think twice about joining a key with a 2-2.5k main, and instead opt to join a key with a 3k alt that is running its weekly.

At the end of the day, this will split the playerbase (between those that want easy keys and ARE able to do them, and those that want to push 15s). If this happens sorry to say but running 50 minutes 10s keys will be more than common for some people.

Again just pointing out a flaw in your “suggestion” and how the perceived problem you have is “small” when compared to the alternative.

Did you actually bother reading anything I wrote?

Yeah, I missed this. If you invite someone with a 3.2k score to anything below a +20, they will expect to blast through it and get it finished quickly. The chances of them leaving because people make mistakes are much higher.

1 Like

This is what riles me. Such dumb myopic assumptions.

Key goes wrong. I stick it out. 2 others ‘dc’ but dont leave the group. Since they dc’d i wait 5 min and leave the group.

You in your infinite wisdom with your lol system see me as the first leaver and make false assumptions and i was the good guy. All things being equal youd invite the ppl that “dc’d” because they are the better candidates under your criteria.

I have no words. Because this is what will happen. Your system has holes you could drive a truck through.

That would be better for everyone.

The high rated with no patience know to avoid groups that might frustrate them.