Mythic dungeons questions

Still unsure on a few things so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Started doing mythic and mythic + dungeons really enjoying them especially the mythic + love how its timed.
So how do keystrokes actually work? I did the freehold mythic dungeon and it gave me a keystone but ive still got in it in inventory and have no idea how to use it.
I then did a few mythic + dungeons and seen they all have different numbers like +2 +6 +9 etc what do these numbers mean ?
Also i can do any mythic + dungeon even if i dont have a keystone right ? Just as long as somone in the party does ?

If someone in your party, has a key for a dungeon,

1. you go into that dungeon on Mythic difficulty
  2. the person holding the key clicks on the Font. Every Mythic has a Font just inside the entrance. Look for it next time you’re in
  3. when the key is in the Font, and the keyholder presses Go, the dungeon is set for that level, a barrier appears ahead and the countdown starts

The numbers mean how much harder the dungeon is. As a rough rule of thumb, multiply each level by 10% and add that to the base difficulty of a Mythic, so a +5 would be 50% harder than a base Mythic.

As of today’s patch, Mythics will be 30% harder than yesterday, but also give much higher loot.

Also, if you had a key, it will be gone today, and if you used it, you will get a Chest with a reward in it for the highest key you did last week. You will also get a new keystone to start the week with.

This guide tells a lot more:

2 Likes

The problem i have now is that its almost impossible to get into a mythic + dungeon I applied for about 20 this morning and got declined every time, why is that ? My ilevel is 349 ive did a few now and always do good i feel ?

Your ilvl is considered very low now after today’s patch.
You will have to return to mythic0 dungeons and get that 370ilvl gear :slight_smile:

As Grainné mentioned, the patch changed the mythic dungeons difficulty and they now reward higher ilvl gear. Which of course will kick anyone who has to pug their dungeons to suffer if they are even little bit behind on the gear compared to heroic/mythic raiders.

1 Like

One more thing i did a mythic +2 dungeon today and when i open up group finder and then click on mythic keystone the dungeon i did is lit up with a 2 on it and says ill get ilevel 380 reward next week.

I wanted to ask if i do all 10 mythic + dungeons this week will i get 10 rewards next week or just 1 ?

You get one reward per weel, from the highest key you completed in the week.

1 Like

It is 1 piece of equipment in your weekly chest on Wednesday.
This wowhead article will explain everything;

1 Like

I did 3 different mythic + dungeons today with zero loot drops for me, am i just unlucky or have I maxed out my drops or something?

There are no drops at all, of any kind, during a M+ dungeon.

At the end, if you completed it fast enough, and cleared enough trash, there will be one, two, or three chests, depending how fast you cleared it.

If you don’t kill enough trash, or don’t complete it fast enough, you get nothing.

The addon Angry Keystones shows you the timer and how much trash you have cleared during an M+ run.

Yea i know all that. I did 3 mythic +2 runs this morning beat the timer every time and did all the check list and opened the chest and no gear for me. Just found it weird how it happened x3 in a row

The loot is not 100% droprate at the end of the dungeon and you’ve now had a bad luck of no loot which means it is higher probability to get smth next time. Or so it is meant to work.

I’ve sometimes gone 5 or more m+ dungeons without a single piece of loot, don’t worry, it sucks but happens.

2 Likes

Yea i got a drop just there on my 4th. Now at ilevel 369 being doing mythic +2 and finished the last two dungeons with 10 mins left on timer. There feeling easy now but still no one will let me in any higher dungeons :frowning:

You could consider to look up a guild that has m+ group/s or possibly a community via the forums for the higher keys;

Or make your own group and try to pump up your own key!

2 Likes

If a player called Bukachu has not quit yet you can ask him for help he is a good person and has his own mythic keystone community called Calm keystones

2 Likes

Bukachu got his CE, and is staying. :slight_smile: And he had a plan to hand on the group anyway, I think.

Thank you. I should have thought of that!

Group code
0yDDDxs25L

Also Fail Train:

Scared of Dungeons:
Group code
BoLReWSqWo

Don’t expect any of them to provide you with 24 hour groups, but you will find people in them if you hang around and watch and ask.

2 Likes

Yw i like to help whenever i can also i have hc(hardcore),flu today so sorry if i maybe respond slow today coughs mucus.This always happens to me at the end of january.

1 Like

My sympathies. Hope you feel better soon.

My usual time is October, though I did have a dose last year in January. :frowning: Quite unpleasant. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

One last off topic thing is that i thank you for wel wishes and also whenever i am sick my body wants to eat bake rolls if you know what those are :joy:.

1 Like

Yeah, I get odd munchies, especially carb munchies, too, when sick. I think it’s a combination of boredom and comfort. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is great ill join they communities tonight.