Mythic+ Upgrades for Alts/Twinks

hey blizzard,

why does the mainchar m + rating not count for alts / twinks?
if you have achieved the value once, the twinks should also be allowed to upgrade their items depending on the value!

so it’s a really sad story!

whilst i dont really mind doing it all over again for my active alts, i would like an explanation as to why this is yeah.

it’s not… gamebreaking, but it is a bit of an invitation to slog.

PUSH

changes it with9.1.5

It was in s1 but i kinda like what they now did it isnt that you can play with your main that you can play with your alt immo

It’s not gamebreaking for YOU but it might be for other players. As you say, you don’t mind doing it all over on your active alts, so in the end it doesn’t have a big impact for you. But for other players who don’t enjoy doing it all over again it has a huge impact.

My point is, you cannot say whether something is gamebreaking or not by only seing it from your own specific point of view.

While I agree that it feels bad, it was always intended as character specific progression. Only reason that it did not work like that in S1, is because it was locked behind an achievement, and those are account bound.

And for the reason it made sense, is that you can see at conquest points:
The reason people asked for valor, is because they saw the success of pvp vendors, and wanted some deterministic pathway to gear up in pve also.
One of the characteristics of conquest is being tied to rating (the max upgrade), which is character locked.

Following that reasoning, it is to be expected that pve progression is not account bound, aslong as pvp progression is character bound.

P.S. I understand if you disagree with me, and feel that it should NOT be this way. I am not saying you are wrong for wanting it account bound, ot that it would feel better.
I am just pointing out, the REASON it is WORKING as it is.

I was less angling from a point that benefitted me and more WHY it was made like this in the first place WITH the intention of practically struggling alt-play in mind. It’s oddly surprising that the only thing you understood - and felt conflicted by - from my post is that I don’t personally mind doing it.

Not sure why, but you do you, champ.

I understand. But you did conclude that the system isn’t gamebreaking based on your own POV which is not considering other players.

Is it gamebreaking? Well it depends who you ask. For some players it completely kills alt-play and therefore it is gamebreaking for them.

+15 keys take the same time to do as +7 keys, though. And in order to upgrade, you need the gear and valor points, anyway.

And while I totally understand that a lot of players struggle getting a moderately high key done for each dungeon both in tormented and fortified weeks, I’m having serious problems understanding the kind of “alt-play” that is really killed by the need to re-progress KSM.

I raid on my druid (and do one M+ a week on it). I do m+ on my paladin. My paladin has KSM and can upgrade everything to 246. My druid does not and can’t upgrade some of its pieces.

It’s not the end of the world but its a small frustration thats easily fixed by Blizz. The alternative is I have to pug 15’s on my druid and while the keys don’t take a long time, pugging sucks and getting groups sucks too.

the is the least problem alts are experiencing atm

i noticed 1 fatal flaw of their build in rating.

ill give you my own example

i have atm 2300 rating on main , last season i had 1900+ rating on this DH

yes blizzard shows this seasons rating as 0 - this means nobody bothers to even check the toxic io panel - only i get declined by default and have to resort to whipering every single time so people bother to even check proper toxic io panel - then i get almost instant invites

blizzard score should also show mains rating and last season rating :slight_smile: as otherwise people have to run ton of pointless dungeons :stuck_out_tongue:

why ? simple to boost their DAU/MAU/participation ratio metric.

there was no other reason .

https://www.wowhead.com/news/suggested-quality-of-life-improvements-for-9-1-5-alt-gearing-with-mythic-and-324063

Just do it Blizzard

kk thx bb

:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.