Nathanos pre-patch spoilers

Nathanos appears as world boss on the Beta. As pre-patch event. On 10% of the battle some cut-scene is being shown. After that Nathanos Blightcaller is dead.

According to the dialog, it was Tyrande who gave the final blow to him.

As a Night Elves and Tyrandes fan I’m really happy that this have happened.
But as a human, I feel a little bit bad for Nathanos. He was doing everything for his beloved Sylvanas. And after he have failed, she just abandon him. Abandoned by his love, he went back home, just to die… Very sad.

But, what all that means?
1). Nathanos will not get redemption for now. But we all know, that souls are coming to Shadowlands. So we will see him again, but in what kind of state? Maybe he will became Sylvanas hater, and after fighting her he will get redemption?

2). Night Elves fans finally got some revenge. Blizzard have fixed the mistake that have happened on the Darkshores.
But that’s probably means, that Tyrande will not going to have any happy path in Shadowlands. This probably was the last happy moment for Nelfs.

3). The author of the new book told, that in her book some very popular character was planned to be killed off. But later Blizzard change their mind and decided that this character needed later.
I guess now we know that this character was Nathanos.

3 Likes

It’s almost too good to be true.

But if that pr*ck ends up dead then nothing of value is lost.

I think it’s a shame, but honestly, this ending was sort of expected.

It’s a pity how they wasted the only developed Forsaken character besides Sylvanas. Things do not look good for their faction in the long run.

Wonder what the cinematic will be about. Do not have much hope about it because given the dialogues that follow, it will probably be some standard villain speech about “Your actions mean nothing” kind of template, but guess we’ll see.

I’m more interested in the whole undead Night elf stuff might be about. Wonder if they’ll officially join the Forsaken.

“Finally”?
Night elves have been having exclusive revenge content since the Darkshore warfront was launched. They stand way ahead of every other race even if by just comparing their stories with that of the Zandalari or the Forsaken.
And they will continue to have such down most of SL questing.

We just had the Forsaken champion going down as a world boss. Cut that sort of crap for once.

7 Likes

It’s degrading… to put it in good words. You have a main story character set as world boss. I’m disgusted.

Where is my Horde Blizzard, what have you done to it???

9 Likes

That must be bait from blizz for dataminers.
Either that or Nathanos just wakes up in the maw and is alive and well.

Yea, killing that 1 no name Val’kyr really gave me those revenge / justice vibes after losing everything. Come on, you can do better than that, but that’s too obvious trolling.

And we had the entirety of the night elven race and their zones go down in a pre patch questline.

Your Horde will be back once the filth is purged out of it, Nathanos is a great start but Sylvanas and her loyalists need to see the same fate.

2 Likes

Well “alive and well” isn’t accurate as the Maw is in the Shadowlands - the land of the deceased.
I mean, we see Kael and Vashj again - doesn’t mean they are “alive and well.”

I’d rather if Nathanos was killed off in Book and Sylvanas by Tyrande. It.made his escape in book super pointless, if he flew away why not going directly to Shadowlands? Why going to Marris Steed? Seriously what was the point?

Ding dong the witch is dead.

Sadly, we weill have to wait for the rest of the addon to go its course for it to stick.

Nah, after Warcrimes they aren’t planning to put relevant information into the novels again. The novels are teasers now, nothing more.

Good riddance! Though I hate night elves as a species, I am glad they had their revenge, at long last.

I think it’s better I stay out of forums until I simmer down or else I might say something I’ll regret.

Enjoy your vengeance Alliance. Now I don’t even care anymore if Sylvanas dies. I lost my faith that this faction will ever be given proper story and will be able to maintain it’s originality at the same time.

It seems as we all have to be copy cats of Alliance to survive.

As a long time Forsaken player, I mourn the death of my race. It’s been a good ride.

4 Likes

Yeahh… no. Still a looong way to go.

This should’ve happened in 8.1 and Sylvanas should have died too by now.

How about you cut your cap for once? An entire WoW race and their entire zone was effectively deleted in a pre-patch. And you were absolutely fine with that. But now that one of your irrelevant small-time cop-out characters finally gets axed, suddenly you lose your mind? It’s hilarious.

You’re lucky Nathanos wasn’t killed off in a book but rather in-game. A WQ is way more than he deserves.

13 Likes

Oh good, I hope they stick with that, because having Cairne killed off in a book and the coupe of Thunder Bluff was awfull and a huge waste of ingame content.

I think it’s best you just stick to your night elf woes, instead of telling us what ‘our Horde’ is or isn’t supposed to be.

Agreed, I’m dreading a Kael’thas here…in where in hindsight they’ll have regret in how they handled things, after clubbing the seal to bloodied meat.
I wonder what Blizz’ angle is though, you can’t just keep beating the same faction and taking their most iconic and developed characters and just expect people to take it on the face.
Maybe Blizzard will finally add those twists we’ve been missing in BFA.

2 Likes

I don’t want any twists. I don’t want any wins for the Forsaken anymore. I want Blizzard to beat them down as hard as possible, until all the Alliance sympathizers are silenced.

Until they have the pure, good Horde they always wanted. Then we can remove faction barriers and be friends forever. There aren’t any differences left anyway.

Hail to the new Horde.

1 Like

Still funny how it seems to take 40 players AND the night warrior to MAYBE kill him, still not sure about that

At this point, I’d settle with irrelevance. Much like dwarves.
Not even prominent leading figures as part of the main plot (Baine showcases how badly that can turn out even if the rest of his race is criminally underused).

BfA highlighted painfully how exposure most of the time means absolute destruction for certain races.

1 Like

At least dwarves have a home. They have something! The Forsaken got nothing. They took everything away from them.

But it’s cool, i’ll take my rage on Nathanos. I will beat him over and over and over again until I got nothing left. I have to take this nerd rage on something.

1 Like

Marris Stead is located on a small hill. So obviously Nathanos has the high ground.

2 Likes

Yea, the forsaken only lost their capital city.
Night Elves meanwhile lost their capital, 2 of their zones while a third one got sieged and destroyed and basically their entire population to Sylvanas.

Imagine daring to complain about 1 single person in the Horde potentially dying for that after everyone got away unscarred and the Alliance was denied their revenge / justice for an entire expansion.

I wish one day the Alliance would get the same treatment as the Horde, then the forsaken wouldn’t exist as a race anymore just like the Night Elves if the Alliance could do the same damage to the Horde as the Horde did to the Alliance.

2 Likes

Do you know anything about the Forsaken? Like really, anything? Or you’re too stuck in your night elf lala land that you refuse to see anything else?

They lost their home, both of their leaders and their sole purpose of existing. They lost everything!

3 Likes