Nathanos vs Thrall

To be honest, if I gave quotes as much credibility as legitimate evidence of identity, I would consider all Trolls in the Horde, including Darkspear and Vol’jin to be filthy Amani traitors.

Why?

Because one of their lines is literally:
“Vengeance for Zul’jin!” - WC3

2 Likes

Zul’jin will rise again!

Zul’jin is dead yo.

Derek was incinerated to ash and that Kul Tiran powder was submerged for 30 years and yet here we go.

Almighty Nathanos kept dying regularly in Vanilla :wink:

Guess what… Zul’jin only pretends to be dead!

Then you get undead Zul’jin? Nah. Trolls are not about that.

What I get is the power of plot making everything that has been established completely irrelevant because I want Zul’jin back.

You know, continuity exists to enhance a story, not to tie the hands of creators!

Case in point:

I’m sure Illidan died in TBC and was not knocked out. Zul’jin could have also been knocked out and mysteriously vanished.

1 Like

Zul`jin is dead.

I’ll quote you on this when Blizzard needs to make another stupid plot involving Trolls this time around.

2 Likes

So was Illidan.

Wild Plot appears!

NOT ANYMORE, HE AIN’T!

2 Likes

i’ll be fine :wink:

Thrall looked upon the once green hills of Southshore as sweat dripped from his body. It had been almost an year since he had last fought, and he had let himself go with the deep depression over killing his best friend’s son. Garrosh, that twice cursed cur. The elements still didn’t answer so now he had to rely upon himself. The world had needed him when the Burning Legion had invaded but instead of fighting he had vanished at Azeroth’s darkest hour.

‘You never had the strength of a true warrior.’

Those words echoed deeply within Thrall. In the end Garrosh had been right. He had relied upon the elements far too much. They were powerful allies but also fickle allies. Now they had forsaken him so he could only rely upon his own strength which had been found lacking.

However Thrall didn’t have the time to wail in his guilt and doubts because he had a fight to win. He had been once more called to the fray thanks to the actions of Sylvanas. Her time would come but first he needs to take out her greatest champion out of the picture. His eyes locked to Nathanos.

“Well, well… the illustrious world-shaman. Still basking in the glory of your victory over the Legion, no doubt,” Nathanos mocked his foe with a sneer while he nocked an arrow. “If you run now you may live.”

Thrall roared with anger and charged at Nathanos. Thud. Pain surged through his shoulder as an arrow embedded itself to his flesh which only fuelled his bloodlust. Thud. Another one and this time to his thigh which led Thrall to stumble for a moment. Thud. Thrall’s world went dark as his body collapsed to the ground. The third arrow had hit straight between his eyes and the last words Thrall heard were:

“It is an honour to serve my queen.”

2 Likes

Imagine what would happen if he used his Bankai.

Nathanos Bankai!
Becomes Sylvanas

2 Likes

Do not even think about it! If Nathanos used Bankai Azeroth would be destroyed and everyone on it would be killed. That’s also the reason why Sargeras wanted to destroy Azeroth in the first place: He knew that Nathanos could not use Bankai while on Azeroth because he would kill Sylvanas by accident.

We can conclude that Sargeras is a strategic mastermind.

2 Likes

God wanted to create the world in 9 days but Nathanos gave him 6 days.

2 Likes

Thrall.

Nathanos has been created in a more realistic soldier type of character. A pretty good soldier and an effective operative.

But Thrall is one of those plot power houses that wields the cosmic energies of the whole planet and blah blah blah…
Don’t want to get into my personal bias regarding how I feel about said kind of characters, but they are indeed written to be extremely powerful.
They must, as they are often given roles of supreme command over world ending threats, soloing entire evil armies, and all that drivel.

Yeah, I rather they had stayed with Thrall the Lord of Clans, and left Go’el the World Shaman out.
But definetly, current Thrall would easily own most of the more grounded and “realistic” (as realistic as an upgraded undead can be) characters such as Nathanos.

(Tbh, what I said about Go’el applies to Tyrande, Malfurion, Jaina, BfA Sylvanas, etc.)

1 Like

Nathanos’s bow and his axes serve as a power limiter as he’s actually not skilled with either of them. But, if he would not use them the fights would be over far too quickly and be not enjoyable at all for him.

3 Likes

Nathanos could bake a cake in the freezer.

4 Likes

But has he eaten Snark-Snark Fruit?

Last we saw the guy Thrall was depressed regular orc since elements didn’t answer his call any longer so bow and accurate aim should be able to take care of a single orc.

1 Like