Naxx Cost To Clear?

One of my guildies have an entire bank full of frost resistance potions ready for it XD.

On another note, he cleared Naxx’s bosses on the PTR on the first shot.
He clearly stated “They’re all easy”

Sapp/KT and the ones that need FR … Not yet tested on PTR

Didn’t Blizzard say that the raid would get buffs to help clear it easier since they were testing mechanics and not trying to balance difficulty?

Or was this a different PTR?

3 Likes

Everyone got a buff that added 3k HP and 100% increased damage done.
This stacked with world buffs and consumables.
I am not surprised people on the PTR blasted the bosses with that.

I thought that was to do with how many players you had in your raid?

No, each player got +3k hp and +100% dmg done as a static aura with infinite duration while inside Naxx on the PTR.

^ That’s why they did it like that. It was just a test of the mechanics.

2 Likes

Ah, I misread then XD.
Apparently some raids didn’t receive the damage buff though.

In classic, the cost of consumables for naxx is very high, was not that bad during vanilla.
Prices for raid needed consumables are like 10x+ than what they were in vanilla.

However, most players that went in to classic with the goal of clearing naxx would have stocked up pretty heavily on the mats and consumes already.

I got a bank full of every consume i need, that i bough back in P1-P2. Most of the frost resistance pots cost me less than 40 silver each. Shadow prots 50ish silver. And i got 100 each.
My gbank stocked up on black lotuses when they were 20g each 300+ of those.

Im a healer with hunter alt so farmed all the mana pots i will ever need from tribute runs.
Now healer consumes in general are pretty cheap, sucks to be a melee tho :smiley:

You know that Ptr have a buff Wich gives you 100% increase dmg and 3000more hp, right?

If you read my next post after that, you’d realise I posted something else.

Yeah you want frost resist on your entire raid for sapphiron but that’s not really an issue

Probably not needed to have that much Frost resist. Frost aura / totem(?) Should be sufficient for the above average guilds, healers dont need, better for them to use max healing gear. For below average it become more important.

Sapphirons aura Does 600 frostdmg a second, every guild is going to use high Frost resist gear.

How did people in Vanilla know about TBC and that there would be flying mounts and crafted gear?

But to answer your question… we have all the knowledge now. We know exactly what consumes and gear we need. We know how to get fully world buffed, we know all boss mechanics and addons to tell us about them. Plus we have hundreds of guides on gold making and farming in order for most people to be able to afford their consumes.

Because they announced tbc before nihilum got worldfirst naxx 40 clear.

Edit: just found a timeline stating that TBC was announced before AQ was released, and tbc releasedate was announced to be delayed after WF naxx clear.

1 Like

consumables until the last 2 bosses have minimal impact (apart from baseline ones) you may want a fire pot on 4hm and that is it.

For Sapphiron you should count on using frost res for a few weeks. Frost res will likely be replaced with Diamond Flask sets after a few weeks for most guilds with world buffs there. Both frost and shadow protection pot can make a big difference here.

1 Like

The average guild and below will need that yes. And its 600 damage per 2 seconds, aka 300 per second.
With auras, totems and healers in max healing gear instead of frost resist, its not that hard to heal trough as long as your dps is good enough.

Wiki says 600 per sec, not 600 per 2 sec. If it’s per 2 then yeah that’s half dmg, probably healable

wiki say 1 sec and wowpedia say 2 sec. not sure which one is correct

1 Like

That’s what they told you anyway. The fact is they COULDNT do it more likely.