Naxxramas Opening Time and Scourge Invasion Adjustments

ah yeah great, 23:00 CET so thats 5:00 pm Eastern time or 4:00 Central standard time… blizzard ones again strikes against EU Players cause of US Players. Thx.
And nice changes again on invasions… so basicly just wait till 300 invasions are over and then just furm the infinite invasions

1 Like

You can send your thanks to the people who cares about so called world firsts. People spent years complaining that US got a head start in world first races. This is the result of those complaints.

While releasing Naxxramas 3 hours earlier wouldn’t hurt, doing a global release while their California based developers are sleeping wouldn’t be a good idea.

1 Like

So we actually don’t need to finish the invasion first before entering Naxx?

Why would we? They both released at the same time in patch 1.11 back in vanilla, and you could enter Naxxramas right away.

Right. Didn’t realise it. Thanks.

The raid and event aren’t going anywhere while you are asleep. I think you’ll have enough time to clear Naxxramas so that midnight release instead of 9:00 AM won’t hurt your progress.

For guilds where people are unwilling to change their schedule, 1 or 2 raid night(s) less than normal may very well mean they won’t clear Naxxramas the first week. That doesn’t mean this was unexpected though.

The point of my post and the majority of players grievance has went over your head.

Thank you for introducing some changes, good job.

1 Like

If I remember correctly ZG released late at night too. It should be expected with the global release. Anyway I like this #change, and I do hope that there will be more #changes in TBC (should it be announced) too to account for the fact that people will min max the fun out of the game just like they did with Classic!

Sorry to break it to you all but with your so-called world firsts you are about 14 years late. And living in denial won’t make it any less true.

thanks for this change!
many of our guildies had headaches about finding a date to farm the sharpening stones between release and our first raid night before the event expires.
the changes will help many of our players to prepare for the upcoming naxx content.

well done blizzard for this situation :slight_smile:

So you are saying that 2PM PST is US favoured? Don’t worry about US guilds going for world first progress runs who also want to go to work, and you know, have a life.

I am surprised that a lot of people get upset about the release time. It was obvious that it would release 23:00/24:00 on the Thursday as soon as they mentioned a Global release on the 3rd, aswell as comparing to previous releases.

Good changes, thank you, Blizzard!

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but all or most of the content was previously released at midnight, so why is 23:00 now outrageous?

Because previous instances have opened 00:00 on Thursday meaning those who raid weekdays in the first half of the reset can enter on the Thursday night. Now we all have to wait another week for the sake of a few hours.

1 Like

This is such a terrible releasetime I don’t know what to say. Previously it has been at midnight of the day, but delaying it to 23.00 on Thursday ruins the first reset for so many guilds with any kind of real life. People can’t just change to raid weekends or raid two days after each other Monday Tuesday. Please reconsider releasing it 00.00 on Thursday like the other patches so we don’t miss out on a whole raidnight. Especially since its also soon Christmas which means even more breaks and people leaving. For anyone leading a guild for people with jobs and families this is such terrible news.

6 Likes

Then do it next Thursday?

For me it sounds like you are a casual guild if you can’t adapt and raid the same night, Friday or in the weekend. Just FYI, naxx will be there next Wednesday as well when you raid your regular raidtimes. And you will have pleeeeenty of ids before TBC will come out, dont worry :=)