Necrotic Strike

It looks as though dragon flight is the expansion where blizz is really trying to show us that they are listening to the community so i felt as though now is the time more than ever to ask them to take a look at bringing necrotic strike back

The current iteration of necrotic strike (necrotic wounds) is not even half as enjoyable as necrotic strike. It prevents us from switching targets easily & it’s also very clunky. One of the unique things about unholy was the fact it had healing negation / absorb and now it’s been taken away & replaced with an MS just like any other class… it’s unique-ness gone

Honestly, if necrotic strike is brought back again for dragon flight , i’d be in ecstasy. Everything else in dragondlight is already looking great, this would be the icing on the cake

6 Likes

Yea what an extasy…No, we dont need necrotic strike in the game, where everybody has mortal strike. Healing is already the worst experience it has ever been. Lets annoy the sht out of somebody else than healers for a change.

necrotic strike isn’t an ms, wounds is

also, your logic is that we shouldn’t improve dk because itd make it harder for healers? lmao strange

1 Like

Unless I miss something, necrotic strike is a healing absorb, isnt it? And Im talking about the combination of mortal strike and healing absorb, which is just absurd.

well it’d had been a thing from the start of when dk’s were introduced all the way until the start of SL so can’t be that absurd

all classes are supposed to be receiving improvements in dragon flight - they aren’t basing what they do with classes around how hard it is for healers and tbh it’s not even that hard for healers

most healers have the skills to combat it effectively

When was it the last time you have played a healer?
I get it, its an interesting mechanic nobody else has, but was it fun to use for you? It wasnt fun for me. Is it fun for the enemy? Not it is not. Is it hard to balance? You bet it is. So no, we dont need this in the game, thats already a clown fiesta when it comes to balance and nothing indicates its going to change to better.

cant base what spells specs should have around duelist level players man, i understand you may find difficulty in healing it, but most others didn’t back in the day

honestly, they really should tune back the MS effects on classes. i lost track of how many (already good specs) have it.
i would be radical and just leave it for Arms warriors.

necrotic strike hasnt been that much fun, you just spammed it, thats it, if they made it a CD (lets say 1min, 10s MS) that would be more interesting, but as it was it might aswell automaticaly swap with scourge strike in the action bar.

I played back then and I had way higher ratings than my 2 week visit in this season, including DK. You dont have to have 4k rating experience to understand 1+1. Ive never said healing is hard for me and your elitist trash talk is a bit off here. I said healer experience is super garbage, which is true and I said healing absorb on top of all the mortal strike effects and insane amount of cc is hard to balance, which is also true.
The ability doesnt feel good for any party, whether its the DK himself or the enemy. To have this in the game, blizzard would have to balance the entire game around existence of this, which is a lot of effort for a boring ability just because 1 in a million of players want in the game for whatever weird reason. Did you notice the amount of effort Blizz puts into wow or pvp specifically in this expansion? Did you forget the balance fiesta, when they added shackles in s2? You are trying to tell me, that getting perma shackle spam is a good idea??
Since you are the typical wow player and you dont take any arguments from ppl with lower cr than you, I wont waste my time here anymore, but Im sure you can manage to count 1+1 on your own. Or go and play a healer, so your knowledge expand a bit.
Have a nice life and hopefully you will find more 3k+ players here who would support your random shower thought.

wounds is just such a lame iteration of what necrotic used to be

wounds isn’t even taken into account in aoe situations

furthermore, wounds management is even that important in pvp, everything revolves around whom limb now …

I disagree, without it healing goes unchecked and uncontrolled.

Unholy was great with necrotic old style, it allowed you to properly shut down a healer.

Now, not so much.

In any event i havent seen it at all so far in dragonlands in either form its just gone, seems to be forgotten.

idk why you’re mad, sounds like your incapable of having a discussion without your emotions getting involved so i’ll leave you with one final message… if you take a look at the us forums for dk and dk discord you will see nobody is enjoying the necrotic wounds mechanic and in fact, many want necrotic strike back… i guess it’s a common ‘shower thought’

Im not mad at all. Im only reacting to your condescending tone and not thought out idea as somebody, who played every class at 2,2-2,8k (except monk, I just dont like it) as well as high end pve and Im telling you what would be the issue, if they listened to you and why I disagree with you. You attacked me, so dont play a victim here. Feel free to give me legit arguments, why its good for the game or where I am wrong, except just “i know its great, you are a low rated pleb, so you are wrong”. All you provided so far is the typical wow crybaby. So maybe just bring an argument, why its a good idea and how to do it without breaking the entire game?
Yes, current unholy dk mechanics are not good, but its not a reason to make the game even worse, less balanced and more annoying for everybody. We would like to leave this state in garbagelands.

if youre feeling attacked, why are u even commenting ?
stop writing essays about how hurt you feel, this is about necrotic strike
not a place to vent

also your pop rating experience is able to checked and verified through various websites so there’s no point lying about your xp, you haven’t been above 2.3cr on any class :-/

You still provided literally 0 arguments regarding the topic.
You are like Amber’s team at the trial. You have nothing you can support your claim with nor have any imagination or self awareness. All you do is that you are trying to reduce my credibility to lower the damage, but you didnt even put enough effort to think for 5 seconds, why characters you can see arent over 2,3k, yet I have 2400 and 2700 achieves, glads and hero titles.
But why am I even surprised. You put the exact same effort into this like you put into your random shower thought you’ve already given up defending. You just make a fool of yourself.
Again, Im willing to wait for your necrotic strike implementation arguments you surely have covered. Would be nice if you managed to skip trash talking me though.

The only reason i would like to see it return is the animation that came along with it. Since that’s been removed there is no way to obtain it sadly haha

Emotive reason but still it was why i liked it.

Outside of that, it was quite hard to balance, it was either to strong at 7% and to weak at 5%. I find the new wounds system to be less flavoursome but it would seem to be easier to balance.

Its true that the new wounds dont feel that good, but maybe there is a way to get the animation of the old necrotic strike with changing how you see the textures, if the feel is your main goal? I think ppl were using it to change some rogue sounds and undead movement animation or something like that, not sure if it still works.

1 Like

you’re crying, writing essays on the forums , you’re only embarrassing yourself. not going to waste another breath on you. you can stop now. thanks @Obvious

Yeah it was hard to balance when they changed it from being based on strength to being based on %. If they reversed it to the mop iteration for example, I reckon it could be worked out. Back then it wasn’t too over powered @Rustyclut

So you have no arguments whatsoever. Im fine with that as well.

Ooooo thank you i will have a look into that!