Need a few questions answered about AD

So, with the decisions story-writters have made for the Horde part, and seeing how the Alliance seems crippled (atleast in PvP), I’ve decided to roll Alliance.
Im thinking either Silvermoon, or Argent Dawn, since I was thinking of doing some roleplay.
The thing is, how exactly does roleplay function in terms of actual time in roleplay?
Do I have to be “in touch” with a guild all the times? Is it mandatory I do alot of stuff with them?
I know some of these questions might seem silly, but I really don’t wanna screw up anything.
Right now, after rerolling a thousand times I would like to go 120 quite fast, and I enjoy doing all types of content.
As expected, roleplay seems to have a very specific set of rules when doing said activity.
What I mean is, how would roleplay fit into my playstyle?
Do I talk in guild when I want to participate? Discord?
Can I not participate for long periods of times but still remain in the guild?
Thanks for any replies.

I am fairly sure that depends on the guild in question. Some of them will request more attendance from you, some of them will be fine with you being there every now and then.

Aren’t you the guy that sent real-life threats to some people from our server?

5 Likes

Yes, please forget that.
I tried to apologize.
My perspective on Roleplaying has changed alot, and after witnessing it/participating it, I wish to engage in the activity.
This is no banter topic, although I am aware my name still causes some mistrust.

Yeah, I can imagine. If it depended on me, I’d rather not see you on our server, simply because there are a borders that should not be crossed, and you did that, by miles. Maybe there are folks that will be more willing to let it pass

4 Likes

At this point Im probably just gonna switch character, guess that way is safer.

You’re going to hate checkpvp then

I can assure you that we’d know :slight_smile: there’s quite a lot of ways to figure out who someone is…

Best to stick with it and prove yourself, I’d say.

Silvermoon is dead as far as RP goes

There’s big public hubs like Valley of Honor and Stormwind

It varies. Some guilds are extremely lax, some have high activity quotas.

peak roleplay hours are +/- 20-22 server time, so do all your daily stuff before that and you should be fine.

7 Likes

Not that I necessarily disagree, but if we wanted to remove everyone who’d had a heated gamer moment from the server, we’d be down to about half a dozen players.

On topic: Welcome to the server, if this is genuine and not a troll effort. The best advice I think any of us can give is to just dip your toes into random roleplay in a major hub and see how you enjoy it once you have a character in mind to play.

14 Likes

Better redemption arc than Jaina’s

7 Likes

sheds a tear you guys are better than me

why are u crying brothgar…

i… i… i am just proud of my forum…

3 Likes

Your questions seem a bit confused about roleplay in general.

Here’s a pretty good guide for general advice.

Really simple. You got 2 states. Out of character (OOC) and In Character (IC).

Let’s say you do some roleplay and talk to someone in character. Now you lose the motivation to roleplay because you wanna do some battlegrounds (just an example, can be raid or whatever). So now you make something up where your character goes because any content that the game offers where your character is on “in character”, then it does not matter for roleplay.

So put this into example:

Orc (you): “Hey there!”
Random goblin: “Hello, can I help you?”
Orc (you): “No, just looking around” Loses motivation to roleplay
Orc (you): “I think I will leave. I am pretty tired, so going to bed”

You then pretend your character goes to bed (or whatever you make up), put yourself to OOC (there is a switch button on the trp) and then you can do content.

Also you can just say your character was present at X without ever going there or doing the content. My goblin for example was in Naz’jatar without ever actually stepping a foot there gameplay wise. But don’t do things like that you killed Arthas. You can say that you were in the army to defeat him though.

You can do roleplay with randoms too, which is my own prefered way. Guilds usually want activity in terms of you participating in events and social gatherings.

Like any of us. OOC for content your character doesn’t do, IC for any roleplay.

Most guilds have set times for events. If they are big, just regular social gatherings are possible too. Needs numbers though.

I haven’t seen one guild yet that allows that. Most want activity from their members. Especially smaller guilds.

3 Likes

I also really recommend the guide

I mean, I personally never saw an apology, merely a response/reply later from you going “Lmao, just a joke, ya’ll thin-skinned”(Not exact wording, but basically the essence of it)

An admission of wrongdoing is more than most will admit to, mind.

5 Likes

Very much true, and I’m happy he’s admitting he did wrong, but trying to throw it aside with “I tried to apologise” when that itself is an utter blatant lie doesn’t really raise any additional goodwill.

2 Likes

Entirely off-topic but what the hell is up with your icon? :bomb:

1 Like

Gnome portraits for some reason line the weapons up to block the faces.

1 Like

I think I’ll just choose to believe that this person is, in fact, a sentient cannon.

5 Likes