Nerf the hunt

Whos idea was it to let a single ability with a 1.5sec cast (or even faster with PI AND its fake castable) hit for 10-15k non crit up to 20-40k (with dark/skyfury etc…)crit?

Nerf hunt by 30-??% but make it ALWAYS crit. A little bit of rng is fine but going from a good chunk of damage to absolute oneshot to most classes is just stupid…where is the skill?? While I love the big fat hunt crits and know dh are not in a good state in pvp… they need to calm down on the rng and stop this oneshot roulette(same goes for rets (kyrian conduit/rogues shadowstrike…)…winning because of a hunt crit doesnt feel satisfying, just means my coin landed on the right side…0 skill involved…

Make it more like chaos bolt… strong and hard hitting but not like a chaos bolt is suddenly gonna hit for 30k…

also let big dark talent be 100%… STOP THIS DAMN RNG …why waste a legendary slot for it aswell if u still have to trinket nether/blur an opener?.. (jk still have to take it or jungle/rmps will delete you even faster)
Using blur and dark simultaniously and still dying from 30-50% hp is just stupid…

Blur is a joke… another random % defensive. Might aswell make it usable while stunned… not that itll change much… id rather have a 2-3minute strong blur then a gimped evasion/divine protection every 50sec(with conduit)…

My fingers are crossed for dh changes if we do end up in the 9.1 patch notes…

I feel like if everyone admitted their op covenant abilities needed nerfs or complete removal from arena, arena would be a much better place…

4 Likes

I mean it’s that or just not winning at all, there is a reason why havoc players who aren’t NF don’t bother with pvp. As much as I dislike the budget rogue playstyle we currently are forced into in pvp we have to admit that the hunt is our only trump card. Therefore it shouldn’t be nerfed until the rest of our toolkit got either buffed or reworked.

Chaos bolt is a spender, the hunt is a cd. It’s not comparable, also the hunt doesn’t hit for 30k. You don’t one shot a geared player with it especially if he uses defensive. Honestly when it comes to the memes ultra bursty abilities of the current meta the hunt is probably the most balanced because of the set up it requires and it’s counterplays. If you cc the dh he is stopped, if you use a defensive and survive then the dh basically have no way to kill you for the next minute and an half.

We are currently made of glass, let us be a canon every minute and an half.

2 Likes

Buff the class as a whole in every aspect, damage, defensives and maybe give us some form of execute, THEN they can nerf Hunt. End of discussion.

8 Likes

The last 9.1 test raid showed havoc on a solid middle ranking of the dps classes. Don’t know why they should buff them :smiley:

If The Hunt is Nerfed as per OP request, we wont be muddle of the pack.
Also, this post is obviously pvp orientaited, NOT raid…

sure but if u

pve is also effected so …

We need PvE buffs anyways LOL

depends on the diff between first melee and last in %. being midpack is nothing if you underperform like crazy, vengeance will be used again for everything.

I mean you should also think how nerfing the hunt would affect pve. It would make us even worse. If you go nerfing the hunt then its time to nerf other classes covenant skills too for pve and pvp.

Why nerf hunt? Without it illidari are useless in pvp atleast they have something going for them, its balanced ability not op.

3 Likes

The Hunt is literally all that havoc has left.

2 Likes

Congrats, they did it. PTR patch notes say that the conduit now increases dot damage, not instant. Ita actually around -35% nerf to instand damage next patch, are you satisfied now? Any more changes? Maybe reduce fel rush to 1 stack and put metamorphosis on 20 min cd and remove darkness from the game entirely?

4 Likes

I, for one, would include that Vengeful Retreat propels you forwards and slows the caster instead of backwards too, without changing the tooltip or ability name.

Take that, Apparently-OP-Havoc!

The hunt conduit is nerfed by 50% in pvp right now anyway - it is the conduit they changed not the ability itself. Without this conduit my tooltip says 10k which is fine and having the dot hit for more isn’t a bad thing either - maybe seeing as the conduit is now the dot damage rather than the initial damage then maybe they will revert the conduit nerf in pvp so the conduit will prove 100% affective.

This conduit change is good, it provides less chances to just outright 1 shot someone and it can provide good pressure in your burst window. Your bursting you hit a 10k hunt it then ticks for 3k every 2 seconds for 6 seconds

2 Likes

Do you prefer a oneshot spell dat you can counter or a insane sustain dmg like in bfa? (pvp speaking)

Yesssss ! May you be right

The Hunt fake cast is incredibly unhealthy for pvp. I would like to see Ion how he would deal with that in pvp :joy:

2 Likes

I think most people would prefer it if the class they were playing was balanced without Covenants and then the entire Covenant ability system was scrapped.

4 Likes

We can only wish…
Also whats the point of pvp and normal talents if 99% of them are unused and stupid…
Fel barrage damage … l o l nice meme

Trust me you cant counter a random crit /focus ‘the hunt’ after fakecasting it 5x on main target and randomly hitting focus for 20-30k haha