Nerf the hunt

Can you read? I clearly said dh need help and that only the hunt is stupid.
I also mentioned darkness needs to be 100% so idk how you came to the conclusion that I would want it removed.
Troll.

I would even buff darkness by letting it follow the dh around :eyes:

3 Likes

With the conduit change to boost dot dmg the primary hit will still be considerably big used correctly. The thing is that the DOT will be huge (its a red type debuff so gg) during the following 6 secs.

The DOT will produce an insane presure after already big damage decimating not only main target, if still alive, but the others if you achieve to cleave it.

Its a skill that scales pretty well through the expansion in the direct hit and even better in the DOT due to haste. With this conduit change, a skill that is oneshoting will be much more balanced and even op without losing the oneshot factor used correctly.

I personally dont worry about this and I can easily see it being positive but, as always, lets see when its on live (if it makes it) and how it behaves with the rest of the spec changes/buffs that already have been announced or are in their way.

idk i rly can in my arena vs dh and i see poeple do it when i play my dh maybe its the rating dat you are playing but anyway its skill based i think a 30k templar verdict its less counterable or a 10 stack rogue infact dh dont have a nice spot on ladder only some of them in 2s there was 1 dh in all awc so probably its a skill issue, im not begate its a toxic mechanic but i find more toxic a insane constant dmg and not a setup play probably depend on rating good luck man

also depend vs what itl player are you playing 25k medium on a focus target who still have cd after fakecasting on MAIN target for bait his cd its a bit strange not even in awc used this tattic

Yes the dot is amazing, if you land it on 3 ppl it actually comes out as top dmg in arena in some games.
I dont really notice it that much tbh, always surprised looking at details cause the dot is pretty high on the meter most games

Im defo not a 2500-3000 player. My season highest with dh was 2360ish this season in 3s and 2150ish in 2s. Tbh after 2.1 all you meet is r1 / glad alts and boosters (cervantez/zeepeye(caccie)/revo/jaggzz)… list goes on forever sadly… so I think my xp is pretty much up there lol.
Gave up after dropping from 2.3, dont feel the need to log in ether cause I think arena is trash atm :frowning:
Besides the shadowmeld or instant roots I barely get stopped, I mean if you cast the hunt without tracking cds your doing it wrong anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

And yes. Ret is retarded, when I play my old pala alt I just q bgs and oneshot people till I get bored

Dont think ppl are gonna do a random focus hunt and pray for rngjezus in awc. Would be funny as hell tho haha :smiley:

If anything they could nerf the “cleave” range of it so it won’t pull half the instance (PvE).

y ahah dat would be rly funny ^^

Wait, you can actually stop the cast and recast again? I must admit I’ve never seen anybody doing it. On the other hand, I cant remember the last time I saw a DH in pvp.

Yes. Good dhs do it all the time. The trick is to lower the target to 30-40% hp and then start fake cast, and very often the target will have to use big def cds (bubble, turtle, etc) and trinket because they simply have no other choice. At about 1.9-2k I played against dhs who do it perfectly. People play havoc but definitely less often than other specs because this is the only spec that doesn’t have real def cds. We have 2 rng def cds which is insane in this burst/oneshot meta.

Hm, thats actually a good point. I was thinking about giving DH a try next season, if the boosts will make any difference, but as you mentioned, the def is kinda worrying.

The buffs to single target are welcomed and are definitely going to make havoc better in pvp but not to the point of being viable. As long as the massive survivability issues aren’t adressed havoc can’t be viable in pvp and is condemned to be a budget rogue.

2 Likes

´and then you see with raidtesting a HDH do 12k dps with ease yes they are bad :slight_smile:

so what? it’s raidtest. the difference will grow between us and the rest just like it did on this raid. that 4% buff was just so we’re not 0 to start with. they also nerfed our single non capped aoe, great job blizzard.
there is nothing that will remove havoc from the sh1tlist except a real buff or talent rework. i have already been asked to make an alt since we’ll have a veng available:)

Kills with hunt crit is not a healthy playstyle, I hate how dh is forced to just lamely kite around until its off cooldown and hope for it to crit before running around kiting again, terrible playstyle.

I think with the “nerf” to the conduit with the initial damage and the buffs to single target we are going to end up so oppresive in pvp and couple that with something like a DK that keeps enemy team grouped for cleave, the hunt could spread that (undispellable) dot and you will end up doing so much sustained damage, coupled with mortal rush it sounds so painful to play against.

true true true true true seem like they cant design a good playstyle for dhs

they removed mana burn and added healing reduction on blade dance LMAO

rrly? they did dat you serious?

U-uuumm… Oops :sweat_smile: