Nerf trickster rogue

Abilities like cheapshot and shadowstrike go through the likes of 100% parry / dodge anyway as they’re considered abilities used from stealth, sure its simplifying the class but considering how in current game having 100% of parry or dodge only does so much against some classes these days i dont see the issue with that specific part as classes like ret, dh and even monk can kill you through said parry in most cases anyway.

What do you think guys, will enhance shamans get a small, medium, big, huge, or astronomically large p***s of a hero tree in TWW? I am an optimist and I believe it will be a medium-sized one.

Yes, I know they already have tools to bypass parry, so it’s basically “the rich get richer” situation.

And the whole “fazed” mechanic is another set of big damage modifiers along with the bypass armor mechanic that already exists today.

I would also argue that binding damage to a defensive ability is bad design.

You are posting daily in the arena forum. One would expect that you have played at least a few hours over the last 7 years during which there was no passive parry. It doesn’t need a scientific essay to prove that random parry is gone. Everyone who plays knows. Do you imagine how many people would complain if that was in the game, just like the stun resist ? How many posts would we see of people being like “he randomly deflected Kidney/Essence Break/Colossus, so unfair blablabla”.

No one asks you to. But since there is no passive parry, you didn’t get parried on anything. If there was surely you would remember it once or twice, as opposed to everything, but you cannot because it simply doesn’t happen.

I said it the post before that it was only FoF and DbtS. Didn’t feel like repeating just one post below.

Anyway, as was said, the only abilities truly benefitting from this are Eviscerate and Dispatch as well as Secret Technique and Killing Spree as the rest of Sub & Outlaw toolkit goes through parry mechanics, and only on non stunned targets as well since you can’t parry from inside a stun, and there are only two parry mechanics in the game anyway.

It’s really not a big deal at all.

1 Like

I apologize again to most likely have forgotten.

And I apologize yet again.

You talked about those 2. Not saying “only these 2 works”. But yet again, I apologize.

And I talked about it bypassing defensives. Even if its only 1 or 2 it will still do it passively by design.
I didnt even say its broken or anything either, ppl can think for themselves. All I said is that some ppl can make it sound broken and some ppl can make it sound garbage. Thats for basically everything in the game.
Like druids saying Bear form are trash since “all it gives is armor” when it also gave max hp and we all know max hp is a pretty good defensive part.

But yes, after you correcting me with the overall parry part I can partly agree that it wont be as strong as initially thought even if it will be in certain other parts.
Im just waiting for Alpha at this point so I can test some things out.

1 Like

Mmh.

First answer btw.

Ah well, not really here to prolong those arguments. I just wouldn’t point something as wrong if I wasn’t very close to sure. It would be stupid to do so. Lets just move on.

That shows more clarity than half the thread posters. Good !

1 Like

I generally dont like to “doom” things instantly and I am well aware that everything I think about is not correct which is also why I am always open to be corrected. Though, I most likely didnt fine read what you wrote and took it as you didnt rly want to explain while you yourself felt like you did. So I agree with you, better to just move on xd

2 Likes

But ToK and blade dance and shield of vengeance and even thorns already harbor this behaviour and if anything thats on classes which are just as lethal if not more lethal. (I probably missed some more here somewhere.)

Armor by passing might as well just be viewed as magic damage, I’d be more concerned for the “hybrids” hero classes

Wasn’t it a long time since this had dodge baked into it? Since you list it as a defensive ability?

It used to be like that in BfA and was removed in Shadowlands.

Ty for Editing my Post Instead of baning me randomly, because someone misunderstood what i meant

atleast we have 1 None Ai Forum dev for Eu

@Phida Thank you bro

i thought exactly this about the feral hero tree, looks underwhelming

it’s rogue.

so we’ll start complaining the second ptr is up and rogues start killing people 0.1 seconds into cheap shoot only for it to go live and rogue getting nerfed and respeccing to the next one shot build 4-6 times before they get reigned it.

Like every expansion launch.

1 Like

Welcome to the club Buddy :melting_face:

1 Like

atleast im not alone, just shows me, how The developers are unimaginative and bored with their own job

1 Like

Death sweep is basically blade dance isnt it? Guy does that illidain styled sweep and dodges all of it during duration of the cast. I just watched my hunter miss a sniper and aimed shot during the sweep

Edit: I’m recording it next time i see it, im 100% sure it wasn’t blur or darkness

You sent it into netherwalk, darkness or any other cooldown then.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.