Nerfs that need to happen on patch day

Blind, Kidney Shot, Cheap Shot and Sap duration reduced by 20% in pvp.

Greater Pyro now has a 12 second cool-down.

Life Cacoon effectivness reduced by 30% in pvp

Rain from above damage reduced by 80%

Metamorphsis no longer grants Leech in pvp

Metamorphsis “leap” no longer grants immunity to damage and healing spells.

Blade Dance no longer grants 100% dodge chance against players.

Soul Leech effectivness reduced by 30% in pvp combat.

All none gladiator trinket damage reduced by 75% in pvp combat.

Cruicible of Flame damage reduced by 75% in pvp combat for healer and tanks specializations.

Cruicible of flame healing reduced by 75% in pvp combat for damage dealers

Rain from Above is a PvP talent. It is supposed to be a valuable and useful ability for PvP. If you nerf it by 80% in PvP, then you have an ability design that’s in conflict with itself.

That doesn’t work.

You can’t make something for PvP and then subsequently nerf it in PvP because you don’t want it in PvP.

Goes for this as well. Design-wise it is conflicting to have something exist in PvP if you then apply heavy nerfs to it because you don’t want it to exist in PvP.

The optimum design to strive for is one where everything that exists in PvP is valuable and useful in PvP as well, lending itself to a cohesive design.
Not one where random bits and pieces are inefficient and useless because we decided we didn’t like this and that and thus nerfed it to oblivion, resulting in a design that’s filled with more holes than a swiss cheese.

Blizzard won’t do the above nerf suggestions, because they go against the design intent of having those abilities, items, and effects in PvP in the first place.

Just a thought.

The thing is. 7% maximum per cast of Fel Lance is unacceptable. It should be more like 2%. and its intent is to “fly out of harms way” yet it’s akin more to a burst CD given it can remove 70% Of somebody max health if they are unable to avoid it.

1 Like

There is probably something to be said for the fact that having a design where most abilities scale with character stats, except for a few that have fixed percentages (Greater Pyroblast, Greater Heal, Fel Lance, etc.), is a cause for concern.

But here and now I find it unlikely that Blizzard will introduce nerfs that go against their own design intention. If the intention is to have a hard-hitting ability (for which is likely the reason it is percentage-based), then nerfing it into the ground so it hits like a wet noodle is rather conflicting in that regard. And it is supposed to be a hard-hitting ability. That is the fantasy and the expectation. The design is a copy off of Illidan’s phase transition in the Black Temple encounter. It is the “You are not prepared!” moment. The fantasy has to be somewhat in harmony with the reality.

Balance-wise in PvP I know not whether some ability, spec, or class is overpowered or underpowered or what is in need of nerfs or buffs. I’ll leave that to the wiser experts.
All I’m saying is that the above suggestions are difficult to sell to Blizzard, for the reasons mentioned. But maybe, who knows?

even with 0 dmg it is still a useful ability.

right now the ability is a def and off cd in one ability with a very short cd.
It is almost like blessing of protection with 100% dmg increase

Perhaps, but the fantasy is not that you just flap around in the air for a while like some annoying mosquito. The damage-dealing component is part of the design intent. It’s in the name: “Rain from Above” not “Hover from Above”.

1 Like

so fantasy is to be immun to 90% of the damage while destroying everybody within 10s if there is no pillar around?

That crap ability does like 400k dmg. Not fun for anybody

1 Like

Too bad blizz doesn’t read these, they’d have a good laugh at the amount of genius suggestions😁

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Good job jitos in here,more quality content.

Feel free to set an example of quality content by contributing in a constructive manner, rather than illustrating what kind of a hypocritical crybaby you are by litterally crying about me.

Grow up.

Immunity against melees, not casters… Melees all have a def CD to counter this: rogue fog, war reflect, palret just heals himself etc.

btw without this talent a rooted DH is a free kill for casters, especially one caster i have in mind that should have been nerfed to the ground for a very long time… try to guess

how can anyone even defending this garbage?

Also is grants kind of immunity against casters because it mostly out ranges them instantly

Also great idea to use 3min cds vs 1 min cd ability.
Keep healing yourself with 30k while ketting 50k crap in you face 8 times all the while you are oom after 4 casts

ah well whatever
Probably same thinking as the weirdo devs that we got right now

i would agree about their leech it is too high, or at least metamorph is too often up because of azerite traits and vision of perfection.

But not rain from above. Mages and destro are actually very happy when they see a dh flap in the air

Says hello, it has been useless since legion season 2. They nerfed his damage then eventually nerfing his hp too. He has 46k it can easily be destroyed.

They even changed his tooltip about him dealing devastating punishment for any who dare stand next to him.

1 Like

The ‘’ power ‘’ of the legion feels ridiculous xD

2 Likes

Such a shame if they just buffed Fel lord he might very well be the answer to melee cleaves

1 Like

The Legion was defeated last expansion mate.

Rip sub rogue then…

while rain from above is already dumbster **** i dont understand why it has immunity frames when you use it