Never realised how squishy rogues were

I’ve played warrior, warlock shaman, paladin, monk and hunter.
Rogues have always given me trouble (apart from hunter), so it took me years to finally make one to see what makes them tick.

Apart from really enjoying the class (which surprised me, a lot!), my god we’re squishy. I can see now why rogues need control. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Between 100% parry chance and 100% spell immunity with sprint+vanish to get away I’m not exactly sure I’d call us ‘squishy’, but ok.

5 Likes

I agree, as Rogues we have amazing defensives if used correctly :slight_smile: I have played all those classes too, but I don’t feel squishy at all. Not to mention that most of those classes mentioned by op are all considered very tanky (besides monk).

Btw this is an alt I’m writing from :sweat_smile: my 120 rogue is very reliant in defensive situations. This lvl 45 char not so much hehe.

When you reach 120 you will find that you are far more survivable than most classes.My view is based on my Assassin gameplay.

Pve wise I do not think any class rivals sin rogue survivability ( I am coming from manning a Frost dk and fury warrior ).
You have an aoe damage reduction every 15 seconds. Let that sink in.
A 30% health reusable free health pot.
A speed increase every 45 seconds to avoid things.
The ability to teleport every 30 seconds.
Physical evasion every 2 minutes.
1 chance to bypass death or the option of 10% leech.
And the king of all: a literal “ bypass mechanics " button every 2 minutes.

Pvp wise you have all that tool set plus:
A baseline stun on a relative low cooldown.
A blind which can ruin a lot of classes burst windows.
The ability to restealth and reset the fight.
A “ Silence” and (or) stun opener.
A baseline slow.
The option to apply a healing reduction poison that also does damage.
A long range spell with no coldown that applies poisons.

Some classes have tools, rogues have a tool-shed.
Please spend more time with your class.

7 Likes

He’s outlaw, I don’t think this is down to lack of “wanting to learn his class”

Assassination is the best pvp specc for rogue. The other two just don’t perform near to the same level realistically.

I can very much see why a outlaw rogue would think their squishy.

Actually, Outlaw comes with Gouge, an extra stun of some sort with a 15sec CD, an a better Evasion spell which also deals dmg back at the opponent if they hit you, and a ranged slow.

Defensive wise they have better CC and defensive CDs, but of cause their ST dmg is lacking behind. I might be missing something that “makes them more squishy”, but spell wise they seem tougher.

1 Like

I main outlaw in PvP and PvE due to not really enjoying the other specs as much and I agree. We have an amazing toolkit and when used correctly can be very powerful. I’ve had 1v1 with many Sin rogues of similar and higher gear levels then me and almost always win due to my toolkit. Gouge is fantastic and between the eyes will always hit even if the Sin rogue has evasion up. I don’t find us squishy at all.

1 Like

Gear aside (and sadly gear is a huge factor) I find Outlaw very tanky (but then I have good gear). I can take 3 stuns from a Sub Rogue and /yawn while he slowly chips away and then either escape or fight back and make him flee.

Escaping to fight another day is often the best option. If you can’t escape with Riposte, Blind, Between the Eyes, Gouge, Vanish and Cloak of Shadows then you are doing it wrong imo. If you are trying to tank too many enemies you are also doing it wrong.

We are supposed to live in the shadows and strike at the right moment, part of the class. Stealth is fundamental to our nature and learning when to attack and when to retreat is vital imo.

As Rogue I do less overall damage for more kills relative to the others in my Battlegrounds, because Rogue for me is not about prolonged encounters out in the open trying to hit everyone, but about precise burst strikes on the right target at the right moment, before vanishing back into the shadows from where I came.

This is the essence of the class imo. Played like this, survivability is much less of an issue. We are all Assassins at the end of the day, whatever our spec.

2 Likes

These two specs share the exact very same defensive arsenal. Outlaw even has Gouge and a shorter CD on the stun, stun that cannot be dodged or parried, and that is ranged. Out of the two specs outlaw is the less squishy.

The difference is on the offensive side of things.

Maybe it’s just a lack of gear for me currently then

2 Likes

The other upside to outlaw stun is it also deals damage, so even if someone is on full stun DR and you don’t know (mostly in a bg) you’ll still deal damage so it’s not fully wasted unlike kidney shot.

While I can’t deny it this sentence feels awfully PvE to me !

It does yes, but when running Deadshot build sometimes using BtE on a low HP player when you have a pistol shot proc ready and full combo points can win the fight even if they’re stun immune at the time.

Hahaha!

Hahahaha! Are you lying to make friends on yet another platform?
Let’s take a quick look at all those efficient kills you got in the past month:
https://bit.ly/2PwxKVF

1 Like

Wow … you necroed a thread from November just to try to make yourself look good? You really do have all the issues Escada and Eretrea say you have don’t you? Still feeling butthurt because of that WSG you just lost?

:yum:

Recognized yourself from the description did you? Thought you might.

You make me laugh too when you flee like your backside is on fire whenever you start losing. It’s especially hilarious when you use a Goblin Glider to escape, lmao.

How about this one?

https://ibb.co/mzRkjTN

Don’t look quite so good in that one do you? Haha

We can all pick out victory screenshots Borogan. That was just the first one I came to. Excuse me if I don’t spend the next few hours collating all of my victory screenshots into a collage. You actually did that? You made a 21 image collage … damn man … you know how sad that is right?

… of course you don’t.

Just … wow.

[facepalm GIF here]

Oh and here, before you try claiming I can’t kill you. Again, first one I came to, not wasting anymore time on you than I have to.

https://ibb.co/26Dprbx

[Bye Felicia GIF here]

:rofl:

2 Likes

does it not help if u go assassin rogue and stack up leetch ?

Hahaha! Oh I wish I’d gotten to this gem of delusion sooner. This was like finding out the fattest kid in school has been giving the Internet nutritional advice.

I’m just here to be a good Samaritan. Wouldn’t want more people taking PvP advice from a player that’s done 4000+ BGs across 14+ years, and never got Wrecking Ball on his account. That’s actually an achievement in itself, by the way.

You really can’t though, not with a 95% loss rate to similarly-geared opponents.

Hahaha! Such a great sample size - very science - I convince.
You having to go back a month to match that was 6v10 until the last few mins is more selective than anything I posted.

Hahahaha! Is that why it’s labelled “15th November”?

Took probably 20 mins and I enjoyed viewing them. They’re all from the past month - I don’t have to go back to November for a win. Actually what made it take longer is the new scoreboard only showing 16 players, and you tend to be in the bottom 4.

The fun part about the rejects’ chatter is that it’s a two-way street. But please tell me more about those issues - a 48-year-old mess that plays WoW (incredibly badly) every weekday during the daytime has to be an expert, I think. (This is your cue to also recognise yourself from description).

Hahaha! Damn, that really showed me. A kill from last month (in a match I’m sure you lost) that you actually felt the need to save.

You’re way too old for TF memes. Here’s a better one for ya:
https://bit.ly/2E6dF32

And I’ll leave ya with what your own community leader makes of your contributions:
https://bit.ly/349x8u7

Now come and do the only thing you’re good for - give us faster BG pops.

1 Like

That must be the most spot on post I’ve read about Rogues. I’m 105 and still haven’t gotten that mindset, I’ve played hunter and lock, this is all new territory. I came here because I also feel squishy, now I think it’s my mind that’s the problem, gotta understand how rogue is supposed to be played.

This

2 damage immunities bassicly + Lying in wait heals 2500 pr 0.9 secounds if your 12 yards away from all enemies, that x3 is really good in that regard

And if you want a simple one that doesnt affect dps, use memory of lucid dreams, its minor heals you ^^

If you’ve played a tanky class it’s a big difference to go to rogue, when you’re not used to have to use your cd’s while lvling and pulling more than 3 mobs