New boosting channel

I think it about time blizzard makes a separate tab for boosts just like trade cause the 5 line all caps spam in general is getting out of hand.

6 Likes

If this is about boosting players for character xp, I don’t see Blizzard further legitimising this by giving it its own channel because they would obviously prefer players to purchase a lvl boost from them instead.

Get the “badboy” addon & badboy_ccleaner plugin
(google it or use the twitch app to install)
Block chat by typing in keywords
Add words or phrases to the list such as:
Boost
Gold
In time
Stacks
etc.
Badboy will filter trade chat & you won’t see this spam again.

5 Likes

Or Blizzard could just do something about the problem, instead of players having to modify a modern game to rid it of a plague :thinking:

3 Likes

Disagree since classic opened up I’ve seen a massive decline in spam.
They are not breaking any rules wether we like it or not .
They are offering a service in trade in the correct manner.

And why would they? No rules are broken and it keeps some people in game for better or worse. It’s extremely annoying, but spam is not something new to the trade channel.

i vouch for a boosting channel. using addons to filter chat messages cannot be the solution.

4 Likes

I don’t know what server you are talking about. Its worse than ever on Ravencrest, Draenor and Silvermoon. And it is not “just” in trade. They stand around the AH’s /banks on level 1 chars, Spamming in both /s, trade and general chats

3 Likes

I know but its stupid that we need a addon to even read something so basic its time blizzard made them a boosting channel so they can be clumped up there.

5 Likes

I agree boost channel is a must today so I can have peace of mind from all the boost spams.

2 Likes

Sure. I agree tbh. I just use badboy in the meantime as a fix because it will take Blizzard 10 years to implement the change.

1 Like

In all fairness, most of the boosts happen from 110 to get you max level, and then they can help you boost raids and whatnot.
Still, I can’t see them adding a tab for boosting xD

But its still not agaisnt the rules that’s all iam saying when it is then blizzard will do something .

You sound more like you defend them :wink:

Written in the ToS or not, it’s a menace to a LOT of players, to a degree that Blizzard -SHOULD- take messures to either make it against the ToS, or come up with a solution, so there can be room for everybody, without any paying customer having to rely on modifications to the game, just in order to actually being able to see what is going on in /1, /2 and /s channels

I don’t at all but they are not breaking any rules if they were I would be the first to whine about it .
Just because I do not share the same view as others doesn’t make me one of them or a shill .
People on these forums are so closed minded recently and mob heavy if you don’t share a view instantly whined at .

1 Like

And I then Repeat:

Written in the ToS or not, it’s a menace to a LOT of players, to a degree that Blizzard -SHOULD- take messures to either make it against the ToS, or come up with a solution, so there can be room for everybody, without any paying customer having to rely on modifications to the game, just in order to actually being able to see what is going on in /1, /2 and /s channels

For those of you whining about it, just ignore it, it really is not that bad not like it clogs up an entire screen. No one is hardly talking in WOW anyways, except maybe on RP realms. Plus most of the chat in the channels is just pure idiocy anyways.

An example just now in Natzjatar a player was asking in general for rare timers and the responses were just downright rude, idiotic, and toxic. From “get an addon stupid” to “Shut up and go and look for the rares yourself” to “An expletive filled sentence.” I would rather have the boost spam than what I saw in Natzjatar from a player who simply asked a simple question.

If only there were no people buying these boosts…

One can dream.

1 Like

Repeat it all you want and there is solutions not the best one I agree but addons or leave trade .Its not like people have tried to sale anything in trade since early Wotlk anyway its either boost or guild spam or anal jokes .

But they have been in game since classic you know that as you been playing so many year’s .