New Class Sets Coming to the Trading Post!

Please add Brawler’s Guild rewards back into the game. Either bring it back or put it on the Trading Post. Thank you!

You’ve wasted years and years of your life on this stupid game you can wait another 4 months.

Yeah armor looks like something that drops from questing zones.

Since it’s still months away… Please redesign the hunter ‘set’.

What would you rather see for the hunter? They traditionally always seem to get the short end of the designer stick:-

1 Like

I really hope those sets will not be a one-time rotation thing. 12.350 Tender for all of them is a bit much.

But I love the idea of this being part of the Trading post. Keep up with the good work :slight_smile:

I’m fine with the weapons (even though none of them are really my thing).

As for a hunter set: I’d love to see something that either underlines the more feral/primal part of a hunter; focussing on pelts and trophies.

Or; a more civilized hunter with a more ‘adventurer’ type theme.

But the theme isn’t the most important thing; the execution is.
And for some reason hunter sets 9 times out of 10 just lack in that regard.

I think mail armor is the issue. It’s a stupid, silly armor type. More so for a hunter.
They should just get rid of it and consolidate the existing sets into plate and leather and then rename the 3 remaining armor types into: heavy, medium and light armor (with hunter being placed in the ‘medium’ range).

They are nice but I’d rather have had a very short, low effort quest line to get them instead. Ah well…

1 Like

I’m not excited for the Pala stuff myself. It’s very stereotypical paladin and I know many will love it. I will collect it nevertheless.

I get that. I probably will get the set too, regardless. But whether or not I will ever use any of it remains to be seen.

I also think it’s dumb to have sets only consisting of 3 items.

1 Like

Yeah friends and I were discussing that earlier. Why just bits of a set.

But it seems to be a thing in DF.

1 Like

I just realized… The Paladin set pieces from the Trading Post will fit insanely well with the red-colored version of the Human Heritage armor… I think you can actually depict an accurate scarlet crusader now. (Wasn’t the flame icon their brand anyways?)

A friend is keen to build a Scarlet set. So some can definitely go that route.

They really need to make shamans and hunters leather wearers, and to re-tag existing mail items into leather.

3 Likes

Something more simplistic, yet not too simple. Something like the below examples. Especially the 2:17 one.

Honestly I would be fine with anything, but The trading post hunter set is rather disappointing. Even people on Instagram were complaining about it in the comment section. And on top of that, we have to wait till December for…… this outfit.

Frankly I don’t care anymore. I’m switching to mage for a better transmog opportunities.

We should’ve been a leather class (hunter)

The mage one is just another slap on the High Elven playerbase’s face… I guess :unamused:

Interesting idea, but the execution of having a small part of a set falls pretty flat for me.

Make these a full 8 or 9 piece set, then we’re talking.

Also, this is pretty annoying for alts. A better strategy would be one month you get a class armour set which unlocks a specific set for all classes (no one gets to get theirs early). Next month an item which unlocks class weapon sets.

Everyone gets to use items for all their classes. And you don’t end up with situations where someone might want 2 sets from the same month which they can’t afford, vs. a set in September, and a set in December.

I would strongly reconsider the implementation here. Some interesting ideas, but very poor execution.

Nope, not fan at all of how the set looks like.
The weapon has scales in it, then the armor has flames as icons. Why? Whats the connection? Its nice to have new sets and weapons, cool, hell yea! but For the love of god, please make them fit together. Have your artists communicate to each other so they can create things that work together as one set

Yes yes very cool. Lets have the class sets be the highlight of these months. So no toys, pets or mounts unless you decide to add more ways to earn tenders. Drip feeding us this when everything can be done in one day is such horrible and shallow design when it can be so much more.
I mean, 750 tenders for ONE weapon mog that has already been on the trading post previously? Are you actually out of your mind?

Or just get rid of the ‘mail armor’ type and re-arrange armor into: heavy, medium and light (I mean… Those distinctions work for basically every fantasy setting ever).

2 Likes