New Classic yes but this time around make it Classic +

Blizz like I said in my previous posts.

Retail has brought some changes to the game, some good and other not so much.

This time around I really would like to see a Classic + if I am to replay it again as personally I have no desire playing it again as it was because I already played it.

One important change I would like to see is the graphics. Bring them on par with retail. And I must admit retail graphics are feast to the eye. Not this 2004 sore eye textures. Thats 1 important condition for me to get back to fresh.

Question to people. What other + changes would you like to see in fresh classic if you are to return, or you are happy with what you had?

4 Likes

No World Buffs
Both factions have access to Pala and Shaman
Guild bank
No debuff limit
Bosses mechanics are coded to health percentage rather than on a timer
add the additional quest hubs added when TBC comes out to smooth out the levelling experience.
Reduce price of epic mount if the server is seasonal.
Ban bots, gold sellers and gold buyers.
Make all specs and classes viable.

9 Likes

This should be absolutely #1 change to make.

11 Likes

World buffs were what made the game fun. Every fund memory I have with Classic had something to do with the world buff.
I dont remember our first Rag/Nef/C’thun or KT kill. But I do remember getting ganked on my way to the raid. Only to return the favor the next week. All the fun times going to the ZG island as a little gnome trying to dodge the group that were constantly gathered there to grief. Scouting guilds going for the DMF buff, setting slow tramps and making sure everyone had their sappers ready.
Sacrificing this for what?

3 Likes

Let it be like it allways have been.

2 Likes

And it made the game un-fun for me, and seemingly many others since i’ve heard nothing but mostly negative attitude towards them. Mechanic that encourages you to NOT log on, just raidlog… Really counter productive.

2 Likes

I will honestly play vanilla either way, as long as they dont move vanilla over to tbc at the end and kill the servers.

3 Likes

Could I please get some example of good changes … some that actually made playing more fun?

1 Like

And they fixed that, with chrono.

1 Like

just dont get them if you dont like them

wb’s and the griefing meta was the best thing about classic for sure.

Imagine classic without wb’s people would only raidlog anyway. with wb’s we atleast had some fun wpvp all the time and it made the world scary and the salt you got from server discord when you dispelled some neckbeards aahhhhh

2 Likes

May be not, you need to farm a lot even more without wb , some raids boss will become more hard to kill

And i could say if you like them, go play old classic realms. Or blizz make separate realms, others with disabled wb’s, and others not.

yes sure´ok

They should probably just copy what Darrowshire PS has already done since most players are already very happy with the changes implemented there.

… or maybe they went there becaust they were happy with the changes there?

I’d like to see the following changes:-

Overhaul of all content making it more challenging.

Add some additional Dungeons and Raids

Implement the original Alterac Valley, or at least an early version where players actually fight each other!

Include LFG tool, but no teleporting to dungeons

Make changes that prevent boosting

Make any necessary changes to classes and talents to resolve balance/gameplay issues

1 Like

No world buffs, just no.
No group-finding tools, they kill the roleplay.
NO paladins for horde, never, it’s just cringe! (aswell as shamans for allies…)
No balance\talents\specs improvements, no! The inbalance is what pushes us to roleplay!
Visual improvements - yes, mechanic improvements - no!
Add some content that will fit the vanilla vibe - sure, why not, some pservers have achieved this pretty well.
Make it look pretty, sure, but leave the game as it is, don’t mess with the mechanics! They are what makes us play it.
And no future expansions, just let us play Vanilla and leave us in peace! (coughs - I mean WAR, of course…)

I would play the hell out of a dwarf shaman

2 Likes

to all the players that dont want balance of tallents and other improvements like new content new raids and dungeons you can go back to classic era we dont want the same thing over and over again classic era is there for you

I personally loved how the entire server came together and kept a schedule on when to drop dragonslayer or blessing.

and also a few people always having a tribute ready in the evening.

Gave the server a big sense of community.

Seems so weird to want to take community and working together as a whole server out of classic

2 Likes