New currencies to be supported by Blizzard in the EU

Good news for some countries. My apologies it’s from Wowhead, but I can find no announcement from Blizzard as it’s been sent out by email. I’ve copy/pasted rather than linked as I know not all countries can access Wowhead:

Blizzard to Support More Currencies on Battle.net Starting May 4th, 2022

posted 9 hr 32 min ago by Uchur

Blizzard has sent an email informing players the company plan to support more Eastern European currencies on it’s Battle.net Shop in the near future.

According to the email, the company plan to add the following currencies - Georgian Lari, Turkish Lira, Kazakhstani Tenge, and Ukrainian Hryvnia - to the list of currencies supported by Battle.net Shop.

These currencies belong to countries that currently use the Russian Ruble as their Battle.Net currency (except Turkey using Euro). The changes are expected to go to live on or after May 4, 2022.

15 Likes

Good news for all those stuck paying in the wrong currencies.

I guess they did this as an email notification to the relevant parties, that’s why we can’t find an actual Blizz announcement.

1 Like

It’s great for the Turkish players to finally be able to enjoy a bit of pricing stability.

I can’t complain as much as users of the currencies above, but I’m still overpaying because Blizzard won’t take Swiss Francs.

10 Likes

I live in the UK so obviously, none of this is relevant to me but good for those other countries I guess. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The best thing is that Ukrainians don’t have to pay in roubles any more. It seemed so bad.

8 Likes

Aye, was all kinds of troubles.

2 Likes

that won’t help much little greedyblizz to get even part of money they used to, who cares anyway

2 Likes

Finally people in Mariupol will be able to play.

3 Likes

Still waiting currency to be changed

2 Likes

What’s going on here? Why didn’t they add currencies yet?

9 Likes

I haven’t seen the email, but I gather it said ‘on or after 4th May’ or something like that.

1 Like

(except Turkey using Euro) are you joking ? Turkish Lira as name refers… Howcome Turkey using euro

You misunderstand @Akhasa. They meant Turks are paying as Euro their monthly payment in the shop. Calm down please.

“Excluded Turkey, the other countries are paying their game times as Ruble.”

1 Like

You misread it. The article quoted in the first post says: ’ According to the email, the company plan to add the following currencies - Georgian Lari, Turkish Lira,

2 Likes

When is bulgarian leva getting included too🥺

3 Likes

Very few things from Blizzard gets me excited. But this does.

Got a few friends here and there that are very happy about this currency change

Will make a big difference to their economy.

From me to Blizzard for the second time ever: Thank you!

1 Like

That’s up to Blizzard. I think the main reason for this current change is because they can’t accept rubles so they had to do something for the non-Russian countries who paid in rubles.

1 Like

update from Georgia: shop currency is in EURO not LARI. omg am i going to pay more

5 Likes

Update: its in Georgian lari now :smiley:

5 Likes

I’m curious tho since some of those currencies are in countries wich exactly do not have a good economy atm. Will the price be the same when converted to euros or will the price be adapted to their region? Because i recall plenty of topics in the past from turks wich wanted their currency but also wanted it to be cheaper for them due to their economy.